PS3 webMAN MOD 1.47.09 Released by Aldostools

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by kozarovv, Jul 14, 2018.

By kozarovv on Jul 14, 2018 at 8:57 AM
  1. 6,950
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    The popular background running PS3 Plugin for Custom Firmware user's: webMAN MOD has been updated by developer @aldostools to version 1.47.09, this looks like a great update with a number of changes geared to improving the overall performance of the plugin with various tweaks, while also adding some new functionality for your CFW enabled PS3 with new features and new support for example new cores (libretro) for retro support of the recently updated PKG ROM Launcher..View the provided changelog included for all changes in this update (update: see post for additional details)

-STLcardsWS ​

webMAN-MOD_2.jpg

• Changed xmb proxy to bdp_disccheck_plugin
      • Reduced refresh rate of /cpursx.ps3 from 10 to 6 times per min
      • PSID/IDPS now need a click to show in /cpursx.ps3 & /setup.ps3
      • Fan mode changes when a PS2 disc is inserted (for b/c consoles)
      • Moved option sMAN GUI in /setup.ps3
      • Fixed persistence of rec video/audio format in /setup.ps3
      • Improved auto-play after mount
      • Added support for /play.ps3<path>
      • Updated PL files & sysfiles.png (thanks to DEX357)
      • Added support for more (libretro) cores to PKG/ROM launcher

Downloads:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2018
    RnD_Customz, jolek, Zazenora and 11 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by kozarovv, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Ali888
      Ali888
      Nice..

Just wonder what's those new cores?
      Except from RA 1.7.1 EX & RA 1.7.3 ??
    2. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      I think is (extensions of roms): .LUA.ADF.DMS.FDI.IPF.UAE.A78.MGW.LNX.VEC.J64.JAG.PRG.XFD.XEX
      Ali888 likes this.
    3. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
    4. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      I think you mean this commit: https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/commit/0294dca61717d07c819de2eb8515f70358d8fa02

But in .09 aldo added: https://github.com/aldostools/webMA...faae066#diff-6f8031c24dc62f45a74f0681fa405d5a
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    5. aldostools
      aldostools
      I basically commited to github all the changes that I was doing locally on my laptop and increased the version to 1.47.09.

The cores in ROM/PKG Launcher are the same that I already posted few weeks ago:
      http://www.psx-place.com/threads/question-about-webmod-pkg-rom-launcher.18319/#post-126087

I also added the rom extensions that kozarovv mentioned. Although I didn't added all (because they are too much) ;)

The most recent feature that I added to this release is the auto fan speed for disc-based PS2 games requested by nonijod
      djluiluv, T.A.U, Johnnie and 5 others like this.
    6. skydragon88
      skydragon88
      Just tried out about 30min ago on my cecha01 and gotta say I like the ps2 mode fan mod, but I wanna ask this is will the fan go up in speed as I game for longer period of time as I set a fair speed of 26% for stock and ps2 mode at 33% and my max temp allowed to the system is 68c. Because I notice when I play iso ps2 the fan stayed at 33% I set and when I quit the ps2 mode game the temp was at 70c and the fan never cranked up to cool down the system.
    7. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Is impossible to have dynamic fan control in PS2 mode. When you launch PS2 title webman have no power. :P Best you can do is set higher PS2 mode fat speed in settings.
    8. skydragon88
      skydragon88
      Ah ok then I'll do just that, plus I didn't know since I just started to play ps2 on ps3 recently and always wonder why the fan never cranked up in speed but now I know. Other than that ps2 fan mode when a ps2 disc is inserted is pretty cool no more making iso and loading it just to get the fan going.
    9. Ikhsaint
      Ikhsaint
      • Fixed persistence of rec video/audio format in /setup.ps3
      Is it true that webman mod can record video?
    10. DEX357
      DEX357
      yes of course, videos from games in five formats.
    11. Ali888
      Ali888
      @aldostools just want to notice that webMAN MOD on brewology doesn't updated yet and latest one is v1.47.08
      aldostools likes this.
    12. WTF-IGO
      WTF-IGO
      @aldostools

Maybe a possible issue in this new version:
      When wMM is active, starting Blu-Ray-Movies from BD, isn't possible.
      When I hit the BD-Icon, nothing happens.
      When wMM is inactive & COBRA itself is active, this problem is not present.

Greetz
      Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
      T.A.U likes this.
    13. aldostools
      aldostools
      Thank you for your feedback. I guess it must due "bdp_disccheck_plugin" is used a XMB proxy.
      I made the change 3 months ago and asked for feedback, and nobody reported this issue until now.

Please, confirm me if 1.47.08 the file below works ok to revert that change in github/brewology...
      https://www.sendspace.com/file/ughvk9

The reason of that change was because idle_plugin had random issues... So I have been trying different options for the xmb proxy; xai_plugin is the best option, but unfortunately it's already in use by rebug for CFW Tools menu.
      Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    14. WTF-IGO
      WTF-IGO
      WOW, that was fast...
      The issue is gone with your new TEST-PKG. (still the new "bdp_disccheck_plugin"?)

THX for ya work Aldos.

Greetings

WTF-IGO
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    15. WTF-IGO
      WTF-IGO
      @aldostools

One thing additionally:
      When I launch a PS3-Game with wMM, the BD-Icon (Blu-Ray-Movie) disapears.
      After that it only comes back, when I eject and instert the BD again.
      But I am thinking, this is the right way...
    16. WTF-IGO
      WTF-IGO
      @aldostools

I found another issue:
      When I launch a PS3-Game through mmCM an after that I want to eject the mounted game through wMM, the XMB freezes.

Greetz
    17. aldostools
      aldostools
      It is possible that your XML is still using the previous xmb proxy. Re-scanning the games and restarting the console after the scan should fix the issue.

BTW it is faster to unmount the last mounted game using the shortcut SELECT+O ;)

Also, the PKG with "idle_plugin" has been uploaded to Brewology and github.
      Louis Garry and WTF-IGO like this.
    18. WTF-IGO
      WTF-IGO
      Re-scanning XML and restarting the console doesn't help for the usual unmounting method (through "My Games") <-- still freezes.

The one using the shortcut (thx for da hint) is working (after a game was mounted through mmCM).

Greetz
      aldostools likes this.
    19. LuanTeles
      LuanTeles
      @aldostools i still hope for a RETRO folder categories (snes,gba etc), its a mess to choose a rom with like 50 games
      citra mulia and Louis Garry like this.