PS3 webMAN MOD - General Information Thread v1.46.01

A fork of deank's original webMAN with many additional features making it a true AIO plugin

1. 51
    occassionallyaduck

occassionallyaduck Member

Disabling categories results in all items being shown properly. (So it has something to do with the sub categories)
    Re-enabling the categories sees the issue return...

Default, with min memory, sees about 33 titles in PS3 and 32 in ROMS.

Setting plugin to max memory (1280k) rebooting, and then refreshing the XML (with categories on) sees the issue improve greatly, with now only 4 titles being wrongly moved to PS3, none missing, and the remainder being properly categorized in "ROMs". (12 vs 63)

Setting the plugin to max memory (1280k) and disabling MM covers, rebooting, refreshing the XML, no change from the above.

Setting plugin to max PS3+ (1088k) rebooting, and refreshing the XML sees the issue revert to the same as it was in Min memory. No help.

Considering I never had a huge game collection, I wasn't expecting to run into a limit on the number of items so early. What is the upper limit on webman's ability to list titles generally speaking? I never expected to run into it. For context, I only have a handful of backups on the HDD, but many ROMs on the USB (8 vs 67). Only 75 total items. When I only had 30 ROMs, the issue was not present.

Also worth noting is I cannot find a pattern in what is causing files to be affected and sorted into PS3 instead. The 4 remaining affected files under max memory are not excessively long filenames, and share nothing unique, as other titles with the same characters, longer filenames, and more spaces in the names, etc, all sort properly.

bguerville likes this.
  2. 51
    occassionallyaduck

Since the issue is not present with categories off though, hopefully this is an issue somewhere with the XML regarding ROMs, and not a memory issue overall I hope, as it seems possible to display it all in the default, minimal memory footprint.

Indeed... after regenerating the XML, you can lower the memory footprint back to 320k and save it and reboot, and the plugin displays everything the same (4 mis categorized still) on reboot. So it's something in the XML generation step that is sticking, something that an increased memory footprint helps but doesn't fully cure, at least not in my case.

bguerville likes this.
  3. 5,549
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Am pretty sure that will be very helpful information for @aldostools
    Thanks for that.

Btw is it always the same 4 games?

What if you remove 10 games from your folder (just move them to the root) but you leave those 4 games? Still the same?

4. 51
    occassionallyaduck

It is the same files, but only under the same settings. Like, what files are "left" in the PS3 folder doesn't seem to be about those files properties (I cannot find something they all share), but something about their position in how they are parsed.

*Also* testing this caused me to realize that it is still in-fact dropping some ROMs, just because they were at the end of my list I didn't notice. So even at Max Memory, some roms are not being listed. They appear in the *total* for the folder count, but opening the folder does not display them.

Renaming one of the 4 files, sees another file from my ROMs take it's place in being "left" in the PS3 category on the XMB. Usually the next file, sequentially. So for example if ROM14 is being left behind, renaming it sees ROM15 take it's place. However! Restoring the file names and rescanning does not see the formerly missorted ROM return. The new ROM15 simply stays mis-sorted.

Removing 10 random roms from the SNES folder, (not any of the mis-sorted ones) and rescanning XMB with Max memory sees the issue vanish and all sorted properly. Stands to reason since only 4 were overflow before.

Replacing the 10 I removed and refreshing sees the issue return, and the whatever the 4 files were before being affected again. I think this has something to do with how their filenames are being parsed by webman though, as if I rename the files, a different 4 will take their place.

If it is relevant, on my XMB I have 70 total items installed. Though considering the number of save files, games, dlc, and other items, this should not be near any theoretical limit.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  5. 7
    Fersed

Fersed New Member

Is there a guide on how to use PKG Launcher? It keeps starting Movian instead of what I want.

6. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
  7. 30
    karenjan99

karenjan99 Member

unpossible add GAMES folder support for ntfs drive?
    and make xmb game list loading faster (for ntfs drive)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  8. 7
    Fersed

Fersed New Member

9. 1,767
    aldostools

aldostools Developer

1- Install the PKG Launcher and the FULL edition of webMAN MOD 1.45.04 or later
    2- Go to /setup.ps3, mark ROMS and save
    3- Copy your ROMS to /ROMS folders in /dev_hdd0 or usb (fat32)
    ** Use subfolders for each system, eg. SNES, NES, GEN, GBA, ATARI, etc.) **
    The covers must be named like the .zip or rom file, but with .jpg or .png as file extension.
    4- Re-scan your XML list (reboot if necessary)
    5- Open webMAN Games list on XMB, there should be a new ROMS folder listed (if you use the default settings)
    6- Mount your ROM, it will be mounted as a DISC icon. Launch the disc icon.

The PKG Launcher (as application) is used also to launch PKG games extracted on the /GAMEI folder of usb (fat32).

NOTE: Make sure that gameDATA is not enabled when you launch the ROMS.

BTW The PKG Launcher uses an updated version of webMAN URL Launcher Tool. So it can be used also as a template to create other tools that use the webMAN Web Commands from the XMB.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    Fersed, Zar and bguerville like this.
  10. 5,549
    bguerville

Fyi Ntfs support in wMM will most likely be enhanced in the future & prepNTFS should become obsolete.
    We are currently working on the ntfs library compatibility issues to provide Aldo with a library that can be used directly by wMM. Refresh XML would then work on ntfs too.

Regarding the xmb game list & cover support, I believe there are still bugs in the code to be fixed but I doubt that it will improve loading times. However if you have many games, the scan, cache & display process will take a while even if the code is fully working & optimised. It's the same for all backup managers, not just webMAN-MOD.
    Why don't you disable the content scan on startup & use Refresh XML or prepNTFS only when required? At least you won't have any latency on startup...

aldostools likes this.
  11. 30
    karenjan99

karenjan99 Member

some time ago im use only internal hdd and ps3net server without disabling scan and my games list loading very fast (~5 sec after start)
    but now im use only ntfs hdd and games list loads in ~30 sec. Thanks for the help, I'll try to turn off the autoscan, I hope that this will help

p.s but autoscan feature dont work with ntfs hdd, what can give me disabling this function?. because after adding or deleting games in ntfs hdd im must use prepntfs anyway

12. 5,549
    bguerville

There is no scan on ntfs at boot, all the info is already cached. The difference in loading times comes from something else, not because of ntfs. Do you also have a fat32 drive? Do you still use ps3netsrv?
    It could easily come from another setting in webMAN-MOD...
    Screenshots of your settings may help us figuring this little latency issue.

13. 30
    karenjan99

karenjan99 Member

i found a problem
    problem is in checked two scanning netserver ip's in webman mod, i think webman trys connect to ps3netserver which is not run on pc)
    now im unchecked net server scanning and all work without latency :)

14. 5,549
    bguerville

Here you go. I told you...
    And if you don't share games with another console on your lan remember to disable the local ps3netsrv if it's not done as well. No need to run a server if there are no clients!

15. 30
    karenjan99

karenjan99 Member

okay :) thanx very for help :)

16. 30
    karenjan99

karenjan99 Member

17. 5,549
    bguerville

It looks like the webMAN-MOD updater pkg in a language it does not support..... Hmmm..

18. 30
    karenjan99

karenjan99 Member

i use russian language in xmb but there is no problem with other pkg's named in english
    broken param.sfo?

19. 5,549
    bguerville

The updater pkg title supports English, French, Spanish, Italian & German afaik.
    Check the param.sfo & edit it if required.
    It's not a big deal really because you should rarely use the updater anyway.

Russian is fully supported by webMAN-MOD so once installed, it should work fine, no matter how the updater pkg title looks like.
    If ever you need the full edition keep the L1 button pressed from the moment you launch the updater until the console reboots.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  20. 1,767
    aldostools

aldostools Developer