WebMAN-MOD pkg handling commands

Discussion in 'webMAN MOD' started by bguerville, Apr 11, 2016.

1. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

@bguerville Another of these flags must control the auto install AND auto boot as seen when installing pkgs from the Whats New panel, this would be nice to have available aswell if these can be figured out. Would be handy for updater pkgs like WM, auto install, auto boot, then auto delete just like the system does normally.

2. 4,819
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Sure...
    If I understand the situation correctly, I think as soon as we achieve the implementation of one of those features, the others will be added quite naturally...

The current workarounds including polling files & sending pad events to close dialogs... would become obsolete.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    DeViL303 likes this.
  3. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Sounds good.

There is still the "bug" if it can be called that, where if the background download button is pressed then the file is moved to game_pkg and put into a install bubble regardless of whether its a pkg or not, This kind of makes the background download button useless unless a work around can be found, any ideas? Maybe these flags can help solve that too, need a flag enabled for "do nothing after download" in the case the file is not recognised as pkg.

bguerville likes this.
  4. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

@bgueville : Can you test the install.ps3 code in the latest version and give me an example of a working code if possible, here is a pkg link that is not working for me atm.

Code:
    http://localhost/install.ps3?url=http://xmbmods.co/packages/emulators/genesisplusGX.pkg
    Im not sure whats going on here. Seems to only work if I use download.ps3, and only if I specify a path. otherwise error 80010006

Which test WM sprx are we using that the install definitely works on too? (im not sure if the one at the end of the link has changed) I just want to try eliminate a few things here that could be causing me problems and make sure we are on the same page. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  5. 4,819
    bguerville

Hmm..
    It works for me but it didn't install...??
    install.ps3 downloaded the file but the installation didn't start..
    Hold on, am gonna try with the very last build....

Ok it works fine with the latest build. I was using a test build before & maybe you are as well..
    Aldo updated his github repo a few hours ago just grab the webftp_server_full.sprx from it.
    If you prefer the pkg, I didn't look if he updated the binaries as well but he probably did...

DeViL303 likes this.
  6. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Strange, at the moment im working with the latest WM pkg I got from here https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/releases/ , using the FULL sprx.

I am calling it from an xml entry but that shouldn't make a difference.

Edit: I have also tried the latest test sprx available from aldostools.org, no luck here with that either.

Edit: Ok, I see your edit now, well not working here. I dunno. I'll stick to using "download.ps3" links for now in my xmls with a path specified to be sure they will work for everyone. I don't have a PSN account on this console , could be effecting it, as normally a PS3 downloading a pkg would have one on there.

7. 4,819
    bguerville

But have you tried from the browser? The only difference between us seems to come from the way to call install.ps3...
    Have you made sure you /dev_hdd0/tmp/downloader folder is empty?
    If the package already exists in /dev_hdd0/packages/ just delete it.
    Then try again....

The presence of a PSN account or not should not matter at all.

8. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

I hadnt created the tmp/downloader folder, think that was the issue. still not working but at least it downloads using install.ps3 code now..Then it it did install once. I dunno. Ill keep making xmls and leave this to the experts.

9. 4,819
    bguerville

AFAIK the /dev_hdd0/tmp/downloader folder is created automatically when the download plugin attempts to download a file without path.
    However I don't think Aldo implemented it like that, I think he is passing the /dev_hdd0/tmp/downloader path to the plugin. As a result the folder doesn't get created automatically & I have not checked whether he implemented the folder creation if it doesn't already exist in this case....
    I could be wrong TBC.
    FYI @aldostools

10. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Seems to work like 1 in 4 times here now that ive made the folder. Sometimes it just downloads, Sometimes it installs correctly, Sometimes it freezes console..

@bguerville : have you got XMBM+ installed?

11. 4,819
    bguerville

Are you using the test build or the last github sprx?
    It works all the time for me...
    I have no problems, whether launched from the Web browser, the Web render plugin or from another device on the network....

The only thing I have not tested is the xml call...

FYI you are aware of the 2 different plugins webbrowser & webrender that can both display a Web page aren't you?
    If you use a xmbm+ shortcut to open a Web page like the brewology shortcut, the plugin used is webbrowser.
    If you open the Web browser directly or with the webman setup shortcut, it's the webrender plugin that gets loaded.
    They are obviously based on the same core but there are some differences in terms of functionalities, if you look at the list of associated system plugins loaded in both cases with ps3mapi you will see a difference.

12. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

ok. Weird. Im using the full sprx from the latest pkg from github.

if you have time, and are on Rebug 4.80.1 can you test this version of xmb extras and see the package manager/ download managers section, the first 4 items are install.ps3, the next 5 are download.ps3. I have instability with the first 4 links, try them more than once if they work the first time.

http://xmbmods.co/packages/xmb_extras_0.23.03_mod005.pkg , (all you really need is the Package_Manager.xml, the rest is just icons)

I suspect it is a timing issue to do with the 3.5 seconds polling etc, but im not sure why its not effecting you.

13. 4,819
    bguerville

Ok I installed the pkg using install.ps3.
    Perfect.
    Next, where in xmbm+?

14. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

XMBM+ > Package manager ++ > Download Package Files > Backup Managers > Then any of the first 4 links.

Its probably going to work ok for you though by the sounds of it.

15. 4,819
    bguerville

I don't have the Download Package Files entry.
    Can you just send me the xml file? I prefer that actually...

16. 4,819
    bguerville

Sorry got it...
    Forgot to reboot... Duh..

17. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

I just seen your comment about the 2 different web plugins, I didn't know that..

18. 4,819
    bguerville

Yeah.
    First attempt to use the install feature via xml is a xmb freeze...
    Can you try with the plugin, you can specify in the xml can't you? Just as a test?

I think I know why it crashes...

The download plugin does not co-exist well with the webbrowser/webrender or one of their associated plugins. Am not sure exactly..
    As a result, the webbrowser/webrender plugin needs to be unloaded from memory by code in wMM before calling the download plugin.

The problem likely comes from the timing... The webbrowser plugin might not be given enough time to finish loading before wMM asks the system to unload it.. Consequently unloading the webbrowser plugin fails & the XMB crashes on loading the download plugin...

We might need to add a system sleep period in wMM before attempting to unload the webbrowser plugin.

It seems to work fine with the webrender_plugin, I just use your xmbm+ entries modified with webrender_plugin instead of webbrowser. All downloads & auto-install tested worked as expected.

But there's a problem after a successful download & auto-install, the next attempt seems to download fine but install the wrong file... An error in the polling code?

And I have at least one other issue.
    When a file already exists in /dev_hdd0/packages wMM doesn't attempt the download & launches the installation directly. However the installation fails with a freeze....

DeViL303 likes this.
  19. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Im not sure whats going on, loads of freezes, maybe that's better with webrender, seems to be but only seem to be able to install the first package after cleaning all the folders and rebooting, after that freezes and it seems to be trying to install the previous pkg..

I could be wrong though, its hard to get a fix on whats going on as it doesn't seem to be consistent.

Here is the package_manager.xml for xmbm+ that im using , ive changed those 4 entries to webrender now.

bguerville likes this.
  20. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

I think you could be right about that, because it works sometimes, randomly, and it always downloads when a path is specified, so I suppose that could be due to the timing being different in that case.