WebMAN-MOD pkg handling commands

Discussion in 'webMAN MOD' started by bguerville, Apr 11, 2016.

1. 4,819
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Check my edits in post #138.
    The webrender_plugin works fine for me. It doesn't freeze the xmb but there are other issues.
    There is problem with polling as well, am quite certain of it as it tries to install wrong files...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  2. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Ok, yeah, that is the freeze im getting so, I thought it was working on the first file. Not too bad.

Still flags would be better, have you noticed how the XMB is messed up when downloading, as the main XMB icons havnt blurred the way they should, few little things like that.

EDIT: I think if the install.ps3 code is used, then the pkg should be downloaded to a temp folder, and installed from there and then deleted, that makes sense, its what the system does with xil packages. If the person wants to keep the pkg they can use the download.ps3 command instead or press background download?

3. 4,819
    bguerville

The fact that it works randomly goes back to the co-existence issue between the webrender/webbrowser plugin and the download plugin.
    The download plugin works 1 time out 5 if one of those 2 plugin is loaded. It's possible that there is another system plugin that cannot co-exist with the download plugin as well.
    That could explain some of the freezes.

I need to test all this, it means coding/recompiling/testing & again it's 4.30am....

4. 4,819
    bguerville

@aldostools
    Could you check the last few posts as there's definitely 3 problems here.
    They are apparent when calling by Xml but the issues exist in any case...
    Try the xml file @DeViL303 provided.

1. The Webbrowser plugin issue probably requiring an additional sleep time before unloading. (I don't mind looking into that but if you want to test it, change the webrender_plugin string to webbrowser_plugin in one of the xmbm+ pkg links nodes in Package_Manager.xml)
    2. Xmb freeze with install.ps3?url=... of a file that already exists in /dev_hdd0/packages. (I can look into that as well).
    3. The wrong file gets installed with install.ps3?url=... Often after a first successful call. For instance, I download Irisman first, it installs correctly then I choose Gamesonic Manager & wMM tries to install Irisman again...

DeViL303 likes this.
  5. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

I suppose issue no.1 isn't a problem if the webrender plugin works ok..

For no.2 See my suggestion about deleting pkgs after install if the install.ps3 code is used. I think it makes sense as if people want a direct install they probably dont want the pkg, if they do they can use download.ps3 command or select download in background? or maybe another variable like installandkeep.ps3 could be used for it too?

bguerville likes this.
  6. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

The xml I have up already has those changes applied now. so you can delete that line, and this post if you want.

bguerville likes this.
  7. 4,819
    bguerville

N. 1 is not a big issue but if a simple line of code, something like
    Code:
    sys_timer_usleep(100); 
    is sufficient to fix it, it would be silly not to do it... Of course if it gets more complicated, you are right, webrender will do just fine.

For N. 2 I am really not sure yet why it does that. I have a few ideas but it requires more testing..
    Let's see what Aldo says about your proposal...

DeViL303 likes this.
  8. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

@bguerville is the mention system meant to be working/working for you? I havnt been getting notifications and it is enabled in my alert preferences. I do get alerts when I get likes, when I get quoted etc, but not when I get mentioned.

9. 4,819
    bguerville

It seems to work for me even though am missing some every now & again due to Tapatalk. Their latest update includes a notification push code revision which is buggy... As usual, they have released a buggy build.. Who knows when it will work ok...
    I haven't used the website since yesterday but it was working fine then...

Btw I noticed in your xml that Managunz isn't updated. It should be Managunz 1.25, right?

DeViL303 likes this.
  10. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

ok, well I havnt got any for days, maybe longer, but I did notice I was mentioned here and there and I never got the notifications. Im not too bothered, but maybe someone should be told if its more widespread it could become a problem if people think they are not getting answered etc. I will mention @STLcardsWS here I suppose, maybe he can take a look. (if this mention works :) )

11. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

That ManaGunz update must have slipped by me (along with another few probably), ill have it up to date in the release version.

bguerville likes this.
  12. 1,724
    aldostools

aldostools Developer

Home Page:
    I updated today the pkg_handler to solve some of the issues reported in post #144
    http://aldostools.org/temp/test/pkg_handler_test.rar (includes the changed files in the src)

Use /install.ps3 to auto-delete the pkg after install or /install_ps3 to keep the pkg.

I had to use a couple of workarounds to find when the installation was completed and when the user cancelled the installation.

Regarding the issue #1, I increased the delay of the unload to 1/2 second with up to 20 retries.
    For issue #2, I changed how the names are checked.
    The issue #3 was due a missing return.

BTW even with these changes, I have noticed that at random times I get a system lock during an installation.
    It's not a freeze, because the pkg file name is still scrolling, but the installation never completes and the buttons do nothing.

EDIT:
    Added the display of the installation folder for the pkg with a breadcrumb trail path.

Also added conditional installation of local packages (adding a question mark to the end of the url).
    If the game is already installed, the browser will navigate to the installation folder. Otherwise, the pkg will be installed.

/install.ps3<pkg_path>?

EDIT2:
    It's now updated on github.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  13. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

aldostools likes this.
  14. 4,819
    bguerville

Nice update..
    It seems pretty stable.
    The bugs are fixed & we get additional features as well!
    Aldo is right there is a glitch with the pkg installation. It's rare but it happens...
    It could be due to a plugin conflict as well. I will investigate it.

15. 2,688
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Super Moderator / Developer Super Moderator Developer

Homicidal Super Moderator
    Home Page:
    My goodness the work going on in this thread is mind blowing, webMAN MOD is getting more & more awesome daily

16. 4,819
    bguerville

Have you noticed?
    And it's far from over, there is more to come...
    The download/install feature will probably evolve further as we got new pointers from mysis. If full ntfs support is implemented successfully, wMM is likely to become the ps3 backup manager. If it isn't already...

Of course Aldo is doing a fantastic job as always.
    @DeViL303 is about to have his XMBPD concept basically working with XMBM++ & wMM. It's basically what we were dreaming about months ago..

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    DeViL303, lord3490 and bitsbubba like this.
  17. 1,540
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Its looking great!

@aldostools & @bguerville

There is a "small" (but big for me) feature I would like to see if possible.

Can we come up with a dummy file extension to use for downloading xmls, and then have WMM rename after download ? or some other work around for the xml problem. If that was implemented then the possibilities are endless when it comes to updating XMB items/segments!

Then there is the "bug " that filetypes other than pkgs getting put into bubbles. I have an idea for a work around, its a bit messy but it would work: The game_pkg folder could be scanned for files other than pkgs and pdb's , and if they are found they could be moved somewhere else with the corresponding pdb's and sub folder deleted?

18. 4,819
    bguerville

I had not forgotten about these 2 issues...
    Knowing Aldo he might write the workarounds you mention in a few minutes if he feels them appropriate...

In terms of research however I am hoping that these kind of issues could be resolved using the flag system & the various user interfaces available in the nas_plugin...
    If you look at the nas_plugin page on the wiki
    http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Nas_plugin
    you can see a number of interesting subs including N. 6 which can set a call back for any post processing we may need.
    Also look at the download structure that is passed to the plugin, you have a picture url which is pretty cool & a dialog/flag variable offering many options.

I will be testing all these subs over the next few days...

DeViL303 likes this.
  19. 4,819
    bguerville

FYI
    The Irisman 3.50.10 pkg seems to be an early release not compatible with 4.80.
    You should replace it with the latest build on. brewology.

Btw have you experienced any freezes on starting an installation with the latest wMM build yet?

DeViL303 likes this.
  20. 1,724
    aldostools

aldostools Developer

Home Page:
    You can try with this *test build*
    http://aldostools.org/temp/test/webftp_server_full.sprx

In my tests I noticed that if the url contains the string "xml" the download_plugin returns an error.
    So the workaround is to download the xml with a different extension from the server and rename it to xml.

The 'special extension' that I chose was .xm! (because the exclamation sign looks similar to the L in .xml).

If the downloaded file has the extension .xm!, the plugin will wait 5 seconds. If not, it will wait 5 seconds more and check again.
    If the file was downloaded, then it's renamed to .xml and close the download screen.

Unlike /install.ps3, I couldn't identify a method to detect when the process was completed. So the automatic close is done only for .xml, because 5 to 10 seconds should be enough time to download a file, but for other file types the time is variable and currently there is not a way to know the file size unless the plugin connects directly to the server and read the headers from the http response.

Maybe the implementation of a simple http client (just to download files in background) could be the solution to all the current issues, with the downloads, instead of continue using these plugins. In that case webMAN would have complete control of everything: when the file completes, what type of file can be downloaded (so this special extension wouldn't be needed), and also it would solve that issue with "background downloads" converted to bubbles.