PS3 webMAN MOD v 1.43.36 - NEW support to DL & Auto Install PKGs, + additional changes

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Sep 24, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Sep 24, 2016 at 12:23 AM
  1. 6,081
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Following deank's latest release of multiMAN Stealth the PS3 community has another popular project that seen an update as developer @aldostools is back with another update to webMAN MOD with the release of v1.43.36. This release contains an extensive list of changes ranging from various bug fixes and new functionality, there was alot of new features in this version of the plugin. Developer Aldo Vargas (aka aldostools) has added support for download & auto Installing of pkgs with a variety of options that surrounds this functionality Full list of changes can be seen in the changelog provided:

webMAN-MOD_1_43_36.jpg

• Added support for download & auto install pkgs. Syntax: /install.pkg?url=<url-of-pkg>
      • Install PKG combo now auto-install all pkgs in hdd0/packages
      • /install.ps3 now deletes the pkg after installation
      • Use /install_ps3 to keep the pkg after installation
      • Added conditional install of pkg: /install.ps3<pkg_path>?
      • Added support for download .xm! as .xml
      • Pkgs are now downloaded to a temporary folder then moved
      • Limited delete pkg after install to hdd0 only
      • Added support to install local theme files (*.p3t)
      • Added online covers to lite edition
      • Added scan in ISO folder for covers named as <title_id>.JPG
      • Added list of last games to root of file manager
      • Icon sizer value now is retained after close the browser
      • Changed algorithm for covers scanning to: ISO folder > MM Covers > ICON0
        (instead of MM > ISO > ICON0)
      • Added support for sorting directories by date/size/name
      • Added support for wildcards in ftp directory listing
      • Fixed ftp navigation using the browsers
      • Changed PASV mode in ps3mapi to work in the same way as the ftp server
      • Added mount by name: /mount.ps3?<name>
      • Added support for filter file listing using: /path?<name>
      • Added /restart.ps3?min to reboot & show min fw version
      • Added swap buttons commands (the system is rebooted):
        /pad.ps3?cross=enter, /pad.ps3?circle=enter, /pad.ps3?cross=swap
      • Added ability to set default restart mode. e.g. /restart.ps3?quick$
      • Added link from /TROPDIR/NPWR* to trophy dir of current user
      • Added link from /LICDIR to home to savedata dir of current user
      • Removed selection of user account from /setup.ps3
      • /copy.ps3 now uses the home folder of the current user
      • Changed behavior of /copy.ps3 (for faster copy)
      • Now existing files with the same file size are not overwritten
      • /copy_ps3 overwrite the existing files (formerly /copy.ps3)
      • /copy.ps3 from hdd0 now copies to the first usb drive * previously the default usb drive was usb000
      • Added 'Copy & overwrite' option to fm.js (popup menu)
      • Removed support for droidMAN in lite edition
      • Removed polling of wm_request file (due performance impact)
        • Combos still use wm_request file, but it's processed directly
      • Removed buggy code added recently for psx audio processing
      • Added offline mode that disable network when games start
      • Added exception list /dev_hdd0/tmp/wm_online_ids.txt for auto-disable network
      • Now the fan speed is increased critically only if the temperature warning is enabled in /setup.ps3 and the temperature is > 85°C
      • Updated webMAN_IT.xml (thanks to smikk)
      • PARAM.SFO multi5 of updater & prepNTFS (thanks to smikk)
      • Re-added standalone plugin video_rec.sprx
      • Added disc icon with link to /bdvd to the bottom of all the pages
      • Changed link in 'size column' of /app_home to home of user in File Manager
      • Added keyboard shortcuts to /setup.ps3
      • Added combo l2_r2
      • Several code optimizations and bug fixes.

• Plugin Installer
      Optional webMAN MOD Add-ons
      Source Code

Official webMAN MOD website (offers useful links/features for webMAN MOD):

Download: webMAN_MOD_1.43.36_Updater.pkg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Sep 24, 2016.

1. complexusername
      complexusername
      So many updates! Thanks @aldostools for your great work!!
      aldostools and pinky like this.
    2. MHAF99
      MHAF99
      Thankyou aldo for all ur work
      aldostools likes this.
    3. dmkndw
      dmkndw
      HIDE SINGSTAR ICON not working
      aldostools likes this.
    4. bguerville
      bguerville
      We are already aware of the problem. Aldo doesn't have Singstar on his machine so it's difficult for him to code without testing. However the problem will get fixed soon.

Thanks anyway for your post though & don't hesitate to report any other issue you may find. [emoji6]
      atreyu187 likes this.
    5. Drag
      Drag
      Hello, I did some video recording, but it's very low quality, is in 3gp, because my phone is in the shop that has a better recording. To watch has to have patience and can not jump, I approach the camera to record better and recorded it with one hand, I'm sorry for the bad recording. And ´ a way to better communicate with you with this problem that happens to me in the WEBMAN 1.43.35 and 1.43.36 , and earlier does not happen to me. Thank you very much @bguerville helped me a lot, I found a solution for me, I'm explaining everything please wait !!!!
    6. bguerville
      bguerville
      Ok. Don't rush it, I would rather wait for a more decent video if possible.
      Take your time, we will still be here to help when you are ready! [emoji6]
      Drag likes this.
    7. Drag
      Drag
      As I said, I found the solution, which is to delete everything in the folder wmtmp, NTFS/PSXISO change extension jpg or png for PNG.
      SETUP WBMAN enable MM COVERS.
      Run prepNTFS 1.15 and everything perfect, resolved.
      atreyu187 and kozarovv like this.
    8. bguerville
      bguerville
      Ok well the steps you followed are the ones we gave you. Am glad it worked.

FYI when scanning for Multiman Covers in standard folders or when scanning the /dev_hdd0/tmp/wmtmp folder for covers, webMAN-MOD searches for the appropriate cover file using 4 possible extensions:
      PNG, JPG, png, jpg.
      So changing the extension from small letters to caps & vice versa should not have any effect AFAIK.

Anyway Happy Gaming! [emoji6]
    9. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      atreyu187 and kozarovv like this.
    10. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      DeViL303 and atreyu187 like this.
    11. atreyu187
      atreyu187

What the heck is Singstar in the first place? I recall looking it up years ago but totally forgot. Seems to be something forcefully added to the XMB like other annoying apps but harder to remove. I recall when Euro users had the TV category but here in the US we didn't. Was actually glad when that one was added.
    12. bguerville
      bguerville
      As soon a PSN account is used, the xil mechanism starts installing the TV shortcuts on xmb. In regions where Singstar services are offered, Singstar is one of the shortcuts installed. It appears in the Game category.
      If removed, the xil mechanism restores it.
      The best way to get rid of it is not to delete but appropriately edit the db.xml file instead.

Actually I was trying to test manually various ways to edit the db.xml file so I unchecked Remove Singstar Icon in wMM but the setting does not get saved. I couldn't disable the feature so I had to temporarily disable webMAN-MOD instead.
      I haven't yet looked for a reason for this behaviour....
      Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
      atreyu187, DeViL303 and kozarovv like this.
    13. atreyu187
      atreyu187

So Singstar is an app? I'm guess karaoke-esque style? If so surprised it isn't in the JP region PS3. I hate all the forced Netflix/Amazon video apps. While I like everything to be handled via the XMB it has to be neat and used to remain on my system.
    14. bguerville
      bguerville
      Yes it's karaoke kinda crap...
      Just an advertising shortcut really like Netflix, Amazon Video, Spotify... Not being able to delete it makes no sense...
      I know you get Singstar with a UK PSN account for instance.
    15. aldostools
      aldostools
      The reason of the new time stamp in the pkg name is the due complains about having multiple builds 1.43.35. I added it to help to identify the build when I update it. I think it would be better to link to https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/releases instead of a direct link to the package (for DeViL303 it would be better to link to the mirror and update it with certain frequency. I update at random times).
      DeViL303 likes this.
    16. bguerville
      bguerville
      @aldostools
      Just a thought...
      It might not be ideal but why not keep the updater pkg in the master tree as well as having a release page?
      The master tree pkg would not officially be a release as such but it would allow anyone to link to the most current update even it is not cleared for release....? Unless you push the master tree pkg only when ready for release..
    17. aldostools
      aldostools
      What's the problem with https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/releases ??

It has always the latest binary updated... I can stop updating the binaries also in releases, but the users would have to wait until I do the next release in few weeks.
    18. bguerville
      bguerville
      Nothing is wrong with the release page. I agree that it should probably be used instead here.
      I am perfectly happy with the situation as is.
      Also you chose to use timestamps to differentiate builds, that is good enough for me.

But I was wondering whether a 'static' link to the latest pkg wouldn't be useful as well. That's all, just a thought.
    19. aldostools
      aldostools
      Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
      Assassins likes this.