PS3 webMAN MOD v1.45.04 - webMAN MOD Supporting RetroArch Roms, 4.81 DEX & More

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Dec 8, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Dec 8, 2016 at 8:09 PM
  1. 5,715
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

This project continues to impress and evolve overtime, a highly requested feature has finally made it's way to the popular PS3 plugin that was originally created by deank with the original version of webMAN, but developer aldostools has been the leading developer behind the webMAN MOD project that has added so many new features and functionality to an already great plugin. Now appearing in version 1.45.04 the dev has added RETRO support for the plugin (sprx), now see an added ROMS category on the XMB & HTML Game list of the plugin. The update does not stop there you can view additional additions in the provided changelog, but its does look like Aldostools is preppping for an upcoming REBUG release with adding support to 4.81 DEX.

Additional details on version 1.45.04 can be viewed in the details provided below.

webMAN MOD.png .​

• webMAN MOD 1.45.04 - Changelog
      • Added support for 4.81 DEX
      • Added support for the optional PKG Launcher
        • Added support for mounting /GAMEI games
        • Added support for scanning & mounting /ROMS and subfolders
        • Added ROMS category to game lists XMB & HTML
      • Added support for display of localized title in PARAM.SFO
      • Added check to prevent deletion of XMB icon of external games
      • netclient & rawseciso threads now keep working after unload webman
      • LaunchPad top icons now use localized strings
      • Fixed external game data not auto-enabled with [gd] tag on ntfs
      • Fixed nonCobra edition not using mM's IEXP0_470.BIN on 4.81
      • Fixed default file name used for ISO created by /copy.ps3/net0/***PS3***/ or /***DVD***/
      • Fixed video rec combo required another combo enabled
      • Updated "vanilla" editions with support for 4.81 CEX
      • Merged wm_url_launcher & PKG Launcher projects
      • Updated libntfs_ext.a in prepNTFS (same version as IRISMAN)
      • Updated latest FW version in prepNTFS (used to skip fix games

• Checkout this thread for additional information about this PS3 plugin.

• Aldostools shares some additional details about this update in the comments below. Here is the direct link

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/we...etroarch-roms-4-81-dex-more.11838/#post-63936

Download(s):

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    Chiranjeevi, Zar, Zoilus and 12 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Dec 8, 2016.

1. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Really Cool stuff, will get this up as news here soon, just seen this and about to head out for a couple hours.

Cant wait to test this feature out. i was reading the progress yesterday and was getting excited :).
      aldostools likes this.
    2. LizZo
      LizZo
      H @aldostools
      I have installed this new version, but i haven't any ROMS XMB category or support. Is higly probably that i don't know how to use this new function :) Also in the HTML Games page i don't see any ROM.
      I have some gameboy games on ROMS/vba/
      Ideas? Thanks for this great work! :)
    3. aldostools
      aldostools
      @Checcolino80 wrote an excellent tutorial (italian):
      http://www.biteyourconsole.net/2016/12/09/scena-ps3-rilasciato-webman-mod-v1-45-04/

------
      @STLcardsWS There was a typo in this release note (net0 and asterisks was missing)
      • Fixed default file name used for ISO created by /copy.ps3/net0/***PS3***/ or /***DVD***/
      More info about this subject (original post):
      BTW, this release has another new feature: convert any /net folder to .ISO on PS3.
      (The conversion is done by ps3netsrv. So, do not ask for ISO conversion of local folders).

To do it, use one of the following commands:
      /copy.ps3/net0/copy.ps3/net0/***PS3***/GAMES/folder&to=/dev_hdd0/PS3ISO/name.isoGAMES/folder&to=/dev_hdd0/PS3ISO/name.iso

or

/copy.ps3/net0/***DVD***/anyfolder&to=/dev_hdd0/DVDISO/anyname.iso

It might take a few minutes to create the ISO, depending of the bandwidth of the local network and the size of the folder. Also be sure that there is enough free space in the destination device where the ISO will be created; the function does not validate the free space before start.

These commands could work also with previous builds, but in this test release I fixed the default name when the parameter &to= is omitted.
      Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
      Chiranjeevi, T.A.U and Zar like this.
    4. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Woah major progress!! How you keep finding ideas for new functions and space for the code to fit in that limited amount of room is beyond me. Way to go guys!!
      ricardo and aldostools like this.
    5. zeromant
      zeromant
      Is there a way to have your roms in a webmanmod xmb category sorta like
      /Webman setup/
      /PS3 Games/
      /PS2 Games/
      /PSX Games/
      /Roms/
      /<i forgotthe other one who loads bd/dvd isos lol>/
    6. slimica
      slimica
      T.A.U likes this.
    7. aldostools
      aldostools
      Google translates it fairly well:
      https://translate.google.com/transl...ciato-webman-mod-v1-45-04/&edit-text=&act=url

If you have "Disable grouping of content" unchecked and check ROMS, you will get a ROMS category with the following icon the next time that you scan the content:
      [​IMG]
      T.A.U and ed89 like this.
    8. Drag
      Drag
      Thanks for an update
      aldostools likes this.
    9. haxxxen
      haxxxen
      @aldostools
      you still haven't answered to me about this one thing. this autoscripting or whatever i can call it.

i have tried to run a psx and also ps2 game where i had no memorycard created. when i wanted to start the game, somehow the cursor jumped to memory card setting and i had to create memorycard and afterwards the game started itself without selecting the discimage.

this somehow has scared me, but it also is a funny thing. is this a normal behaviour?
    10. ed89
      ed89
      as always thanks @aldo for all the updates and ideas you still provide
      aldostools likes this.
    11. aldostools
      aldostools
      Sorry but I didn't see your original question that I didn't answer.

If you have enabled the auto-play option in /setup.ps3, webMAN will try to start the game using explore_plugin XMB commands.

If you start pushing buttons while the auto-play is executing, you will get unexpected results.
      T.A.U, STLcardsWS and haxxxen like this.
    12. Johnnie
      Johnnie
      Thank for this, excellent job.
      aldostools likes this.
    13. Derf Jagged
      Derf Jagged
      Thanks Aldo for remaining an active dev in the scene and perfecting your creations! Its awesome to see new features like ROM support.
      aldostools likes this.
    14. Joonie
      Joonie
      Does anybody use webMAN with Minimum memory setting?

upload_2016-12-11_0-41-5.png

I noticed that ever since 1.45.02, Plugin Memory usage at Minimum causes random freezing, mostly while scrolling game lists on XMB up and down. The solution was to set the usage to Standard.

I have about 149 Games total including 5 of them hosted by netserv

@Metion @atreyu187 @pinky @ bguerville @haxxxen @habib @aldostools @DeViL303

Can anyone confirm this?
    15. haxxxen
      haxxxen
      i had some weird behaviour, but no freeze. on my test ps3 are no games, so that must have prevented it.

only the settings were messed, even i had not chosen specific options like autoplay. i had changed profiles, but there was no difference on my side.
      T.A.U likes this.
    16. Joonie
      Joonie
      Yeah during development of 4.81 REX, I've been having serious instability with wMM, especially with 1.45.02+, surprisingly, there hasn't been much of reports I guess many advanced users already have been using Standard+, especially those ones who have many games.
      Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
      Johnnie, T.A.U and aldostools like this.
    17. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      I use the minimum setting and get a stutter time to time but I think I only habe 50 games total on my HDD and mostly PS1/2 games. I dont own but maybe 35 PS3 games and all aren't on my HDD. I have always chalked it up to having 5 plugins running. Artemis, PS3Xpad, PSN Patch, VSH Menu and wmmM
      T.A.U and aldostools like this.
    18. Drag
      Drag
      Hello, I want to report what happens, if on my ps3 is vsh menu loaded or the SenEnable plugin loaded and GOD of War ill, DESTINY, during the game I am taken to the screen as shown in the following images, happened in habib 4.78 and happens in rebug 4.80 CEX and DEX. PsnPatch plugin with no problems. Adding more information, happens randomly, possibility of 40%. Happens with games that require more of the ps3, games in iso format in NTFS drive.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
        1.jpg
        File size:
        162.8 KB
        Views:
      • 2.jpg
        2.jpg
        File size:
        228.5 KB
        Views:
      T.A.U likes this.
    19. Assassins
      Assassins
      Hello @aldostools
      I have try this update, but i get a error when i will go to options and all other options.
      The error is a blank side with
      The page can not be displayed. (8071053d)

I try to uninstall the webman mod before i install this new, but the old files
      come back hole time.

I are on STARBUCKS_481_101 CFW
      T.A.U likes this.