PS3 webMAN v1.44 Released by deank - 4.80 /4.81 CEX + 4.81 DEX Support Added

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Jan 4, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Jan 4, 2017 at 5:45 PM
  1. 5,350
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Following the update(s) to multiMAN developer deank has also provided an update to the original version of webMAN (aka webMAN vanilla). This update provides latest custom firmware support and also some small changes suggested by fellow developer (and project leader of the webMAN MOD fork) Aldostools have been implemented into the plugin,

webMAN_deank.jpg

• webMAN v1.44
      • CEX 4.80 + 4.81 & DEX 4.81 Support

via deank

• Core Features of webMAN (aka webMAN (official) , webMAN Vanilla)
      • FTP server with remote control functions (shutdown/restart)
      • WWW server with remote control functions (scroll down for the complete list of shortcuts)
      • Support for loading and browsing of [local] PS3 games in ISO and folder format, DVD videos in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format, PS1/PS2/PSP games in ISO format with cover display
      • NETISO support for network loading and browsing of PS3 games in ISO and folder format, DVD videos in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format, PS1 and PSP games
      • NTFS support for PS3 and PS1 games in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format and DVD Video in ISO format
      • Dynamic Fan Control and in-game temperature monitoring
      • PAD shortcuts (*open include/combos.h for a complete list of shortcuts)
      • Keep USB device awake
      • Mount last game or AUTOBOOT.ISO to system startup

The fork project of webMAN known as webMAN MOD can also be seen here

• For best results you will have to make the plugin load at COBRA7 system boot:
      • Copy webftp_server.sprx to /dev_hdd0
      • Create a text file boot_plugins.txt and upload it to your PS3 in /dev_hdd0
      • Edit your category_game.xml (/dev_blind/vsh/resource/explore/xmb/category_game.xml) - the only change in this xml is to add one line. If you're scared to do that, here is my category_game.xml - this is from COBRA7-ROGERO with only added "My Game" folder in the "GAME" column: deanbg.com/category_game.zip (unzip the file)
      This is all you need:
      1) webftp_server.sprx (in /dev_hdd0): deanbg.com/webftp_server.sprx
      2) boot_plugins.txt (in /dev_hdd0): deanbg.com/boot_plugins.zip (unzip the file)
      3) category_game.xml (in /dev_blind/vsh/resource/explore/xmb/): deanbg.com/category_game.zip (unzip the file)
      4) COBRA7-Rogero firmware
      5) PS3 browser set in Tools -> Confirmation on Browser Close -> "OFF"​

To grant NTFS access to webMAN you will have to use prepNTFS. You can either install the prepNTFS.pkg application or launch prepNTFS.self from multiMAN's mmOS. In either case prepNTFS will scan all connected USB drives and will generate data for all PS3ISO/BDISO/DVDISO entries in /dev_hdd0/tmp/wmtmp. NTFS entries have .ntfs[PS3ISO] / .ntfs[BDISO] / .ntfs[DVDISO] suffixes - 64KB each - this is what webMAN will use to mount the games/videos. For covers/title-names to appear properly you will have to mount the PS3 game at least once, so webMAN can cache the PNG and SFO for the title.

You have to use prepNTFS if you add new content to your NTFS formatted USB HDDs. Do not forget to use [Refresh XML] / [Refresh HTML] to refresh webMAN's data.

In webMAN's [Setup] screen you'll find these download links at the bottom of the page (under [SAVE]):
      • prepNTFS - Prepare NTFS drives for webMAN access
      • webMAN (LATEST) - Latest version of webMAN
      • webMAN (CCAPI) - ControlConsoleAPI compatible version of webMAN

There you are... in just 90KB plugin you have:
      • FTP server
      • WWW server
      • NETISO support for network loading of PS3 games in ISO and folder format, DVD videos in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format, PS1 and PSP games
      • NTFS support for PS3 games in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format and DVD Video in ISO format
      • Dynamic Fan Control
      • PAD shortcuts: [SELECT]+L1 (PREV TITLE), [SELECT]+R1 (NEXT TITLE), [L3]+[R2]+[X] (SHUTDOWN), [L3]+[R2]+[O] (RESTART)

Thanks to:

• Cobra Developer for COBRA7 CORE, ntfs_ext_iso and rawseciso
      • Estwald for the ntfs library port and fan control payload
      • @aldostools for tests and suggestions
      • @twisted3313 for suggesting ccappi support

Download: webMAN v1.44 (official)

Source:
    psx-place.com

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Zwei
    2. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Not that it isn't appreciated but really what's the point? webMAN MOD has an installer and vanilla version as well. Regardless I am truly happy about the update to multiMAN as it now properly reports the correct firmware. And I wish his NTFS support would be updated in multiMAN. I know it was first but it's so troublesome to get working in mMOS. That is why I faithfully use @aldostools IRISMAN File Manager. I have to manually update that as he dropped his support of his extra IRISMAN apps. Guess I'm the only one that uses it. But it isn't hard to copy the SELF files especially once IRISMAN is updated. The file manager isn't quiet as smooth as mMOS but works great with NTFS. Maybe one day deank will go open source again with it and someone can change the NTFS support and maybe get rid of the "Change Dongle LED Colors" option that is useless. Only "bothers" me because I can't change the color to blue like I wish I could. I have looked into changing the PS3 power LED but those points as so tiny and I can't find a multi colored one with blue.
      Verzantgray likes this.