What about a Raspberry Pi PSX Distro?

Discussion in 'Raspberry Pi' started by DrexploidHax, May 23, 2018.

1. 121
    DrexploidHax

DrexploidHax Member

Boredom
    Home Page:
    So I recently received a RPi 3B+ from Vilros for $35 +$2 shipping, and have been reading nearly every comment of every page on the PS3/4 threads here since I got my first PS3 back in May 2017. Anyway it dawned on me how allot of people like myself (and allot of other people who are less than tech savvy end-users) would benefit from any “end all be all” solution for doing this and that exploit/mod on this and that console, all from a single platform.

Basically, the idea would be ideally Debian, Ubuntu, or Arch Linux, pre-packaged with tools for various uses, such as PS3Xploit and etHANol, PKG Linker or PS3 NetServ, various PS4 WebKits for various FWs, an index of currently available Payloads (hopefully separated by; FW Version, type of Payload, etc), maybe even various XMB mods, game mods, customization, and HomeBrew/Tools.

Possible Features

• a program to toggle settings at boot, like a toggle switch for PS3Xploit/HAN, another toggle switch for any PS4 WebKit (with an option to select the FW Version to exploit

• a github where any/all Webkits, Exploits, Payloads, HomeBrew, Tools, SDKs, WIP Projects like Open-Source HomeBrew/Tools

• a Simple GUI for handling Payloads (separates by categories such as Game Mods, Linux Loading, Backup Management, Dev Tools, etc.) and a feature to add all new/updated Payloads on the github

• this ones a long shot in my (not very Linux/Texh Savvy) mind, but with the recent PSXitARCH, maybe there could be a GUI similar to dpkg-repack for repackaging installed programs for ALL Arch, or going between PS4 Architecture and ARM

• a program specifically made for capturing/recieving a PS4 Broadcast, and several options as to what should be done with the captured Broadcast

Well, I know all about the “if you want something done, do something to help the process instead of complaining about the work you’re not putting in” and all that, but this community could always use more collective thinking. The reason why I believe this should be RPI driven is to make this available to as many people as possible, as PC ONLY steps could be completed by a Brand New PC bought for the price of a used game.

Please tell me what you think. Should there be more features? Is this something you have the skills/passion to work towards? Is this something that’s even worth the communities time? Are the features I listed something impossible or are they too much work for the result? I encourage you to voice your opinions below, especially those like @STLcardsWS @baileyscream @playerkp420 as developing a Linux GUI or making a Linux Distro may not be there specific expertise, but in my opinion they would all know wether or not this is a project worth thinking twice about.

Thank you for reading my Very First Post, in the only community in the world worth turning to when virgin consoles sit on the top shelf in the closet for months collecting dust.

2. 140
    mr_ota

mr_ota Member

3. 121
    DrexploidHax

DrexploidHax Member

Boredom
    Home Page:
    No my idea is not about PKG Linker or PS3NetServ, it’s about how it would be helpful if there were a Linux Distro (perferably portable or supported by RPI) that had a GUI to rule them all as far as Webkits, and a Centeralized Github specifically for exploits like Webkits, updates for them, PS4 payloads, updates for them, HomeBrew, etc. it’s not revolving only around PKG Linker, though it would be a very helpful tool to have.

4. 121
    DrexploidHax

DrexploidHax Member

Boredom
    Home Page:
    Sorry that’s not what I meant to say, the main focus of my idea actually was having a github to organize things universally for all PSX or just PS3/4, and having a RPI Distro (or git) with all these tools ready to go, but not just Webkits, other things like mod menus and customization as well.

5. 140
    mr_ota

mr_ota Member

We want to make a complete picture with more things so all help or idea is welcome.

DeViL303 likes this.
  6. 121
    DrexploidHax

DrexploidHax Member

Boredom
    Home Page:
    Do you know whether or not the PS4 payloads, the PS3/4 WebKits and the available Linux PS4 Tools could or would be put on a single github? Or is that unlikely unless I do it myself locally on my own computer?

Because it would also be helpful to not do anything with a PC, but rather use an android to boot PSXitARCH and use that to manage all the local Payload files and what not. At least it would be easier for me, I also don’t know whether WiFi will work for me yet.

7. 1,216
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

Have you seen pixploithost? I think it’s similar to what you wanting and may give you an idea about linking different gits together.

mr_ota likes this.
  8. 121
    DrexploidHax

DrexploidHax Member

Boredom
    Home Page:
    No I have not, would you happen to have a link to it? And if I wanted to make a git would I need permission from authors to publicly host their work?

Nvm I found a few things and I’m sure I’ll find what you’re talking about, thanks for the info

9. 1,216
    pink1

Here you go https://github.com/c0d3m4st4/PiXploitHost

As long as you give proper credit you shouldn’t have any problems with the developers. It’s never a bad idea to ask first but it’s not normally not a problem if it’s something they have shared. We all depend on the work of others to keep the scene going.
    Leaking someone’s work or claiming it as you’re own is what will cause you problems.

10. 121
    DrexploidHax

DrexploidHax Member

Boredom
    Home Page:
    Thanks for the link. So it wouldn’t be wrong or disrespectful of I made a github myself, and had it public, as long as all the devs authors etc. are Credited? I assumed I should get express written consent, I didn’t know all I had to do was to not claim it as mine, but instead credit the people who did the work

11. 1,216
    pink1

Always look at the license if it has one just to be sure.
    You can make a GitHub account and make projects or fork other git’s that you like. Don’t share anything copyrighted or illegal lol

bitsbubba likes this.
  12. 121
    DrexploidHax

DrexploidHax Member

Boredom
    Home Page:
    There happens to be a clean rom for Super Mario world on github, is that illegal? It seems to be fine, but I have no clue.