PS3 What's the point of giving Webman/WebmanMod more memory?

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by reiyu, Sep 11, 2017.

1. 97
    reiyu

reiyu Member

I always have it on Min (320kb) and the 3072kb [MC] unchecked. Can anyone clarify if there's a point of giving Webman more memory? Also what does the [MC] checkbox do?

2. 6,031
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Tons of good info in the webMAN MOD forum here
    http://www.psx-place.com/forums/webman-mod.126/

This thread (located in that sub-forum)
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/webman-mod-web-commands.1508/

If you do not have a large collection of media being scanned you might get by with a lower memory setting, if you have a large collection and scanning is lagging might be a good idea to uncrease the plugins memory. Also the option is useful if using other plugins that may be using memory as there is only so much memory that can be used on the system for plugins. So webMAN MOD gives user some flexibility.

CountDuckula and reiyu like this.
  3. 97
    reiyu

reiyu Member

Since I only scan when I have new games, I guess I'm safe with Min. Thank you for the info!

4. 6,031
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Your entire collection needs to be considered not just the new content as the scanning take place right after each system boot.

reiyu likes this.
  5. 1,767
    aldostools

aldostools Developer

In general, webMAN MOD uses very small amount of memory for its regular operations (i.e. fan control and mount games).

The memory options found in /setup.ps3 are mainly used to reserve space to *sort* during the scanning of content and to list the files in the file manager (via web). When these tasks are completed, the reserved memory is released.

For small games collections, MIN without MC option is ok. For larger collections you may need to use the other memory options.

MC is an option to let the plugin use more than 2MB of memory from the Application memory container when the plugin is in XMB.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    CountDuckula, Joonie, reiyu and 2 others like this.