Whats the success rate with PS3Xploit with its things?

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by sallycanwait, Jun 21, 2018.

1. 9
    sallycanwait

sallycanwait New Member

I have read that somewhere that you have to make sure you have no browser history or have any sort of browsing before activating a PS3Xploit tool, which i do, but it still fails, is it normal for it to be trial and error? it just seems so random, it kinda pisses me off.

I got one game installed, but when i tried to say, install another game (Street Fighter 2 HD), i did everything that you do for installing and configuring a game, and i got the error 80029517, is this random or do just some games don't work?

2. 92
    amirzaim

amirzaim Member

To make HAN activation bit easier, set the HAN activation page as the homepage and restart the browser. Then try to activate it.

To make it more easier, just install HAN toolbox and you can activate HAN easily.

3. 9
    sallycanwait

sallycanwait New Member

How do i install install HAN toolbox?

4. 3,945
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
  5. 7,073
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

If you were following the ps3xploit instructions & steps you would have no such issues.

Set the homepage to blank & add the various exploit pages as favourites then restart the browser & launch the favourite you need. If you do that you will get the same initialization success rate as the HAN Toolbox. All this has been explained & detailed in the HAN Tools v3.0 release thread OP.

As to 0x80029517, it is a licensing error. It means you either omitted a step or made a mistake during pkg preparation.

HAN is a npdrm exploit. It can only work with npdrm games.

1. ALL psn games are npdrm so obviously compatible with HAN.
    2. Only Bluray games that have official updates can be converted into npdrm packages compatible with HAN. Check the psdevwiki CFW2OFW compatibility list for more details.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  6. 9
    sallycanwait

sallycanwait New Member

Okay, so i installed the toolbox, it makes things easier, but ACT/RIF keeps failing alot of times, and like 2/10 times it will actually work and i can copy game files, what do i do?

7. 9
    sallycanwait

sallycanwait New Member

"Set the homepage to blank & add the various exploit pages as favourites then restart the browser & launch the favourite you need. If you do that you will get the same initialization success rate as the HAN Toolbox. All this has been explained & detailed in the HAN Tools v3.0 release thread OP. "
    I did do that, yet i still get the same retarded error. Funny how you jump to conclusions, better not do it often as your job as a mod.

8. 92
    amirzaim

amirzaim Member

If else fails, try to reformat the PS3 HDD and reinstall. It needs some patience when dealing with PS3xploit, anyone who are interested at soft-modding their console must follow the guide thoroughly without skipping steps.

Oh, one more thing is, before you're attempt to dump ACT/IDPS file, make sure that you have activated your second account first and your flash drive must be plugged in on the right side of USB port.

9. 7,073
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

I am not saying this as a mod but rather as the person who developed that exploit & collected statistics on thousands of trigger operations.

pink1 likes this.