Where to ask about PS3Xploit

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit CFW Installer ( PS3 25XX Models & Lower)' started by Daryth, Feb 14, 2018.

1. 23
    Daryth

Daryth New Member

Where is the best place to ask about ps3xploit.

I used the psxploit 2.0 tool to jailbreak my ps3 and did it successfully last night.

This morning before my son went to school he asked about installing gta 5 menus to mod gta5. I don't know anything about them. I know years ago we modded some gta games for fun and it wasn't difficult. So I tried one...the instructions said to download some files and do a restore (I can get details if needed), but it more than modified GTA5...it must have reflashed the system because modman and the few games I had installed were missing.

I then did something dumber..and that was...I reset the ps3 back to factory...which worked...and then I did the psxploit 2.0 over again....this time I was cocky and didn't verify after patching. I just turned the ps3 off and turned it back on. When I turn it back on I believe it goes green-yellow-red beeps 3 times and shuts off and blinks red.

I do have the backup files the xploit told me to make from BOTH time I did it.

I was an idiot and got cocky..didn't verify the ps3, and was doing things I didn't research...basically just being stupid. I knew better than to do most of everything I did...using unverified files to try and mod gta5, trying to jailbreak the system twice...and not verifying that the system was patched correctly.

Totally screwed up. Is there hardware I can buy to fix this or did I totally brick the box?

Thanks for the help.

CECHH01
    It is NOR
    was 4.82
    have backup files using ps3xploit

(I will try to add more details to this post as the shock from the trauma of destroying a perfectly good ps3 wears off).

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  2. 1,260
    UniqueUserName

UniqueUserName Trial and Error Professional Moderator

AAA
    Home Page:
    @Daryth

You have reached your destination... ;)
    Enjoy your new location... :)
    Welcome to our Community!! :D

-Uni

3. 23
    Daryth

Daryth New Member

Thank you Unique....I can't believe I bricked the ps3 and then posted in the wrong forum.......BAD DAY...

I've never used a flasher and have no idea what to do. I took a simple process and screwed it up

UniqueUserName likes this.
  4. 1,260
    UniqueUserName

AAA
    Home Page:
    Youre welcome Daryth! :)
    ...no problem at all.

Dont be so hard on yourself, as we were ALL new to something at some point...
    Personally, I trial-and-error my way through pretty much everything. LMAO!

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, as it does sound like an awful day... :(
    Hopefully, our Community can improve your night. ;)

Lucky for me, I have not bricked a console before...
    Unlucky for you, that I am the first to see your question, as I wont be able to help, other than the before-mentioned thread-moving...
    Did the best I could! ;)

HOWEVER, you have chosen the best Place (lol pun-intended) to get proper-advice.
    Please be patient, as someone with far greater knowledge than I, will be along soon to assist you. :D

Daryth likes this.
  5. 731
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

You are going to need a NOR flasher(Teensy++ 2.0, progskeet or an E3 Flasher).
    An E3 would probably be the easy way so that's what I'll try to explain. This can be done other ways but this is fast & easy.
    Once you have your flasher you'll wanna make a few dumps to make sure it is working & connected right.
    Now if everything is working & your dumps look good you should be able to just bytereverse your first dump from ps3xploit(the OFW one) & flash it back with your E3 then install OFW.

PS. Don't let it get you too upset mistakes are part of learning.

6. 841
    habib

habib Developer

Resetting ps3 does not remove the cfw
    What you did was that you ran the exploit on cfw which resulted in a brick. It’s said in faqs not to run this on cfw or a brick will happen

UniqueUserName and DeViL303 like this.
  7. 1,260
    UniqueUserName

AAA
    Home Page:
    on CFW?

DeViL303 and habib like this.
  8. 841
    habib

habib Developer

Yeah haha
    Fixed

UniqueUserName likes this.
  9. 3,941
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    That is unfortunate to brick after successfully exploiting, people need to know that running the exploit is a one time thing, Main thing to remember is that no matter what you do you will never need to go back to OFW again or run the exploit again once on CFW. Some people have also made a similar mistake where they thought that they needed to run the exploit before every CFW install.

Buying an E3 flasher and NOR clip is the solution I would recommend but others might say find someone to do it too, price will be similar, probably a little cheaper to pay someone but if you buy it and learn yourself then you will not be stuck with a brick/OFW ever again.

This video will give you a general idea of what you need to do to use an E3, Note it will be different for you as you are starting from a brick, but it will be a similar process, if you think you are up for it then get an E3 flasher and NOR clip. If that kind of thing looks like too much hassle then your best bet is to check local ads and forums for someone else to fix it.

10. 689
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

Just to complete your comment,
    He has a FAT (CECHH) that is the first NOR model with high risk of ylod hardware failure only by opening it. So, buying an E3 flasher only for one shot with a, I would say 50% chance to success is probably not the best option today...

kozarovv, UniqueUserName and DeViL303 like this.
  11. 447
    Spawn

Spawn Member

I bought an E3 Flasher when I got my first cfw PS3. At 15-30$ it's a cheap insurance. I then got a limited edition too, but that's off topic. I have unbricked 2 CECHH fats since without issues. I would say more like 75-80% success rate, but one should really take the time to be cautious and research ALOT before making the move.

DeViL303 and UniqueUserName like this.
  12. 689
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

And today you can find a working slim 2k for 50$ or less... so...
    It was true one or two years ago but now... I hate to say that as the console can be fixed.

UniqueUserName and DeViL303 like this.
  13. 3,941
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    Good point, I had not considered the old model enough, probably not worth fixing it then if its 50% chance roughly, as really it should also get IHS paste done, and that's if it survives opening. Unless the owner thinks the console has not had much use for some reason, ie owned from new and looked or used for media only or something.

$50 or less is good, You would not get that here in Ireland tbh, but even at $80-$100 a CFW PS3 is well worth it IMO. Is there any other console that is as "hacked"? :)

littlebalup likes this.
  14. 23
    Daryth

Daryth New Member

Thanks guys for the help. I started looking at the E3 Flasher and saw that I would have to solder a wire onto the motherboard to keep the system turned on.

I found a console for $40 so I think for right now I am going to buy that and try the exploit again.

Then when I can get the time together I will buy the e3 flasher and soldering iron and stuff to fix this one or if anyone is in Cincinnati and does it as a service let me know lol.

I have zero experience soldering.

I have this pa3 that I bought used and it was on 3.55 (years and year ago) and my son upgraded it because (he wanted to get on YouTube) lol....so it sat in the closet for about 4 years until I found this xploit 3 days ago. I have another one that I believe suffers from overheating that I would love to fix...it’s the same model and I had it since it was new, but like you guys said... a used system can be had for $50 so it’s kind of hard to justify a $30 heatgun that “might” fix it or having it reballed for even more.

habib, littlebalup and DeViL303 like this.
  15. 23
    Daryth

Daryth New Member

I was going to buy another cechh01 for like $40 plus shipping but should I go with a slim instead? What model number should I look for?

16. 447
    Spawn

Spawn Member

Well I can recommend the ones in my signature. I'm sure there are others that are just as good if not better, but these have been flawless for me.

17. 23
    Daryth

Daryth New Member

Those can all be used with the current exploit?

Thank you so much for your help

For some reason I can’t see your signature?

18. 447
    Spawn

Spawn Member

Yes they can.

Code:
    PS3 Consoles:
    Slim CECH-2004A Cobra Rebug 4.81.2 1TB
    Slim CECH-2504A Stock 4.82 160GB
    If you get a 25k, make sure it's valid for exploit. Use minvercheck to make sure it's 3.55 (3.56 could work iirc) before trying anything.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  19. 689
    littlebalup

littlebalup Developer

3.56 will work. 3.60 not.

Spawn likes this.
  20. 447
    Spawn

Spawn Member