When you play your beloved Video Games on your PC, you already know about all the procedures during the Installation by entering a Key, which allows you to install and/or to play the Games, you recently bought. And when this is a "everyday's business" by a PC Gamer and nothing new, Game Titles released on a home console never applied such a system, which meant that if you bought a Game, you was able to do whatever you wanted to do. But this could change in future, according to a new Patent filled by Sony, which would not based - as they call it: "BLOCKCHAIN-BASED DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT" - on a traditional system, as above mentioned. There are many speculations how this system could work and it's still unknown if this would mean a better protection against Piracy or having full control about your purchases.
BLOCKCHAIN-BASED DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT
Generating a rights blockchain storing rights of a user, including: receiving an enrollment request and a public key from the user; verifying that the user has a private key corresponding to the public key; generating a user identifier using the public key; and generating and delivering the rights blockchain having a genesis block including the user identifier to the user.
- A method for generating a rights blockchain storing rights of a user, the method comprising: receiving an enrollment request and a public key from the user; verifying that the user has a private key corresponding to the public key; generating a user identifier using the public key; and generating and delivering the rights blockchain having a genesis block including the user identifier to the user.
- A system for generating a rights blockchain storing rights of a user, the system comprising: a registration authority configured to receive an enrollment request and a public key from the user, the registration authority also configured to verify that the user has a private key corresponding to the public key, generate a user identifier using the public key, and generate and deliver the rights blockchain having a genesis block including the user identifier to the user.
- A method for performing digital rights management using a rights blockchain storing rights of a user, the method comprising: receiving a protected content including a content identifier, a scrambled essence, and an encrypted control word; receiving the rights blockchain and credentials of the user; searching the rights blockchain for a first block that contains the content identifier of the protected content; decrypting the encrypted control word when a signature and usage rights in the first block are determined to be valid; and descrambling the scrambled essence using the decrypted control word.
- A method for generating a rights blockchain storing rights of a user to consume an item of content, the method comprising: receiving an enrollment request and a public key from the user and verifying that the user has a private key corresponding to the public key; generating a genesis block including a user identifier of the user using the public key; and generating and adding a new block having a content identifier of the item of content and associated usage rights.
Even if Sony mentions to use a "blockchain-based DRM-solution", it is still premature to tell how this System would work in common practice. It could be based on a similar system like on Steam, a traditional way like for physical PC Games with Keys or even a completely new system. And since patent fillings doesn't mean that those would be included in future (Sony did a similar Patent filling back in 2006 before the PS3 was even released), it could even lead into nothing and everything would stay in normal like it is today.
Infact when you read the complete patent filling, it sounds more like Sony wants to have full control onto your purchases, which would mean that you can't do any longer with your Game Titles whatever you wanted, but they could. A common example would be that your PlayStation Console and your PSN Account has to be connected online while gaming. Microsoft still has some headaches with this idea back at E3 2013.
And since this patent filling describes that DRM-solution not only for Video Games, but also for Movies, Music and so on - what do you think - is this a good idea? What are your experiences using DRM content on Games or Movies for other platforms? You are welcome to discuss this with the others.
For the full Patent filling with the complete Description and all Patent Claims: Click here
PS News Will Future PlayStation Game Titles require a key to get fully playable?
By Roxanne on Apr 30, 2018 at 2:11 PM
PS4 NES - Full Speed NES Emulator (5.05 FW) by m0rph3us1987
Last week we seen developer flatz add C# Code & OpenGL Support to the PS4 and slowly it has appeared that the homebrew scene is starting to gain some traction as we keep seeing new release and progress made forward,. Today developer m0rph3us1987 take's his POC NES Emulator and adds a full-Speed, the emulation is based on LaiNES emulator..With this version the dev has also stated PAL Roms will have better emulation then NTSC roms currently. You can see a sample of some footage of this ps4 homebrew in action via a short clip provided by @wa7ly on twitter.
This release is only for PS4 Firmware 5.05 (exploited)
4.83 OVERFLOW COBRA (v7.3 lite) CFW &- NoBD / NoBT versions Released@Bobby_Downgrades not only released a suite of 4.83 STANDARD CEX CFW for the PS3, but also a suite of 4.83 COBRA CFW, developer Alexander recently also released a COBRA CFW now he two will differ a bit as this one from @Bobby_Downgrades is based off COBRA v7.3 (a lite version), so while both are 4.83 Cobra CFW the payloads while very similar are different versions.. The COBRA Editions contain all the Standard CEX features plus the extra Cobra features, plugin support, ISO Support, Network Streaming Support for Game over your local network are just some of those features added with the Cobra payload. Additional information about this release can see below along with the NoBD and NoBT editions to go along for those damaged console that rely on those type of builds.Continue reading
4.83 OVERFLOW CFW - STANDARD CEX / NoBD & NoBT editions Released
Following the release of 4.83 FERROX COBRA, we have developer @Bobby_Downgrades who has dropped various editions of 4.83 Custom Firmware, first off is a suite of standard cex choices, If your console is running perfectly fine and has no damaged components the the regular standard cex will do just fine, but you have an issue where BD / Logic Board or the Bluetooth/WiFi chip then there is special version of the firmware to bypass those components and allow for your PS3 to be used agai (minus those components)
This Standard CEX features all the usual CFW Patches for operating Homebrew App and personal backups, plus a few extra options for this CFW that can be seen in the details belowContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: