[WIP] Snes9xNextVITA - Port by skogaby

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Jul 26, 2015.

By STLcardsWS on Jul 26, 2015 at 9:23 PM
  1. 5,715
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

As the rejuvenate exploit matures the Vita Homebrew Scene continues to grow as developer skogaby has released a Work In Progress emulator of Snes9xNext which is a port of the libretro core (SNES9xNext). There is still some work to be done yet, but its seems like a great start for any Super Nintendo (Super Famicom) fan. [break]ss[/break] We have been seeing various Retro Emulators hit the VITA scene since the possibility of launching native homebrew on the handheld with the Rejuvenate exploit. You can see other emulators recently created here and all the details of this release below:

SNES Vita.JPG

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Jul 26, 2015.

1. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Love when a new "scene" is born. Exciting times and this was one I really wanted to see since PSP SNES emulators are destructive due to the underpowered system.
    2. ed89
      ed89
      nice to see snes native on PS Vita now I have to wait for PSMDEV for Unity and wifi PSM+ or a new hack so You can use Rejuvenate offline and without usb too would be nice so I can finally try this all new hombrews

Also a stable N64 and Dreamcast emulator on Vita and I would be more than happy and I can wait im exited what would be possible in the future of PSVITA Hacking...

(btw would it be possible n64 and Dreamcast on PS Vita if not with rejuvenate than with a native Kernel exploit? technically of course I know its hard to do...)
      Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    3. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Not sure about N64, but i think Dreamcast is impossible. I tested android DC emulator on hardware faster than vita and results are.. Not too good, it work. Some games are even playable but is far from comfortable play (IMHO).
    4. ed89
      ed89
      Yes OK but N64 must be possible mario kart and some other N64 Games on PS Vita in Full speed ... would be cool...

It is always a matter of optimization (DC) maybe not Fullspeed and all games but something like daedulus PSP must be possible I think if not its fine N64 Portable is fun too
      Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    5. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Emulation is easy, in theory... All is good until both machines using same instruction set. But even one instruction that is not native supported can be serious problem because need to be emulated in software mode. This can kill framerate in some cases. Anyway vita is based on ARM core, so everything that work on android should work on vita (not exactly, but is good way to look that is possible or no).

Look at Saturn, Dreamcast, N64 emulators on powerful PS3. DC and Saturn is slideshow. And N64 have serious problems with dynarec. Anyway this emus can work better on vita than on ps3 (or not), but until someone don't try port it, nobody know how good emulation will be.
    6. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Unfortunately the PSM hack is sandboxes so a kernel exploit is about as likely as the PSP EMU as its sandboxes as well. But at least PSM gets to use the native hardware so its possible.