(WIP) XtremeEliteBoot+ (a powerful alternative for FMCB)

Discussion in 'General PS2 Discussion' started by HWNJ, Nov 19, 2017.

1. 460
    sp193

sp193 Developer

Home Page:
    That is what I do not understand. POPS was meant to be used from the HDD unit, booted directly by the HDD Browser.
    When kHn used it in the POPStarter project, we got more freedom to how we can use it. But it still had no front end.

That conf_elm.cfg file you wanted, is a ps2-home thing. In fact, kHn was checking if it existed at some point, just to block the ps2-home fork. Hence how it got renamed to conf_elmz.cfg, to work around the ban.

They don't (and should not) dictate how POPStarter is to be used. There was never a standard way to use POPStarter with any particular front-end.

But if you feel that you want your users to be able to switch between your work and their variation of OPL, you could shape your work to be compatible with what they use. There is no other reason for collaborating with them otherwise, IMO. But OPL is first and foremost a PS2 game loader.

2. 2,913
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

No news ?, i guess people is wondering if this is going to be published before 2019
    [​IMG]

MALK likes this.
  3. 569
    jolek

jolek Member

Why not change the title from [Coming Soon???]
    to [WIP] and move it from
    Home Forums > News Stand > Latest Scene News -> PS2 News
    to
    Home -> Forums ->PlayStation 2 Forums -> PS2 Homebrew.
    If someday XtremeEliteBoot+ will be released, then It'll good time to mention about it in news.

Currently there is too much complaining about ETA.

mitrut0123 and TnA like this.
  4. 7,704
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Looks like blame is shifted on the site here lol? I think that is perfectly valid question to ask (considering the circumstances ). Also
    • This news has been de-listed from the mainpage news (and its mainpage PS2 index) for months now It was only viewable by the forum and not the actual news feeds from the sites frontend.
    • The name title has been changed before from "Coming Soon" to "Coming Soon???" (When it was de-listed from the news) but there was more updates/video and eta's giving by the dev so it stayed as is.
    • i did do what you suggested not that it makes all that much difference,.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018 at 5:50 PM