PS2 Wonderstation (OSwan/PS2) 0.1

Is a port of Oswan, a Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color emulator

1. 5,917
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

alright, I just checked the colecovision emulator. emulator boots up fine, video works. it must be the emulator then. it must be using a lower resolution for some reason. whenever u boot an emulator or other homebrew, it displays the matrix infinity logo instead of the ps2/psx one, so it may not be considered for the ps2 by the system.

edit: btw, I found the other wonderstation emulator disc. it has the same issue. it worked on my old tv, but there's no video on the new one.

2. 125
    sp193

sp193 Developer

Home Page:
    Some people do appreciate the nature of 240P on CRTs, but it isn't very good for modern-day TVs. I guess the developer(s) of this emulator was/were one of them.

On my LCD screens, the non-interlaced NTSC/PAL video tends to be not very sharp. IMO, it's just one other thing that needs to be slowly undone, with each and every piece of homebrew software that is rebuilt for modern times.

That would be your modchip at work. Maybe it was made to display the Matrix logo whenever you boot software.
    The PS2 logo is displayed by the PS2LOGO program, when it gets booted by OSDSYS. The PS logo is displayed by the PS compatibility ROM, after PS1DRV puts the IOP in PS mode. There is nothing displayed between the invocation of software, otherwise.

pinky likes this.
  3. 5,917
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

the modchip still displays the ps2 and psx logos albeit with a slight modification to the ps2 logo where it shows the infinity version. with this, and other emulators, it displays the full matrix infinity logo without the ps2 or psx logo at all. it must recognize it as homebrew. I'm afraid I can't show the emulator working under these circumstances, but I promise that it works.