XAW1002 console (unpatched) and a few 's

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by barelynotlegal, Dec 5, 2018.

1. 479
    barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal Member

so hears my deal...
    i got a 500gb model ps4 with a 2TB external that MIGHT be traded for the Mario Odyssey bundled switch, i have confirmed via serial number that its not a patched console. i spoke with the gentleman this morning and he told me he updated the console last night :)facepalm:). i have read all about the update and what it does to Efuses and stuff. my question is this console will still suffer the same issue with the fuses correct? everything i read is as if i already installed CFW.
    So now what? i do plan to buy games, i just want the ability to back them up. its going to be for the family at grandmas house. which means 5 adults, 6 kids, 3 dogs, and a stinky ferret are going to be in the mix. not to mention tile flooring.
    i see there is a option.

but again the guy is already on CFW and from what i see there is a $Dongle$ involved.
    i have 2 other consoles a pro/4tb internal and my first baby that has all my legit stuff on still 5.05
    the switch looks fun and more intersting that the wii (not the wiiU never tried) that i got all hyed on for a month or so
    thanX in advace

2. 1,051
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

My 2 cents.... i love my switch, its a launch model. I havent done anything to it bc you either ban yourself, or are instabanned by nintendo for fooling with cfw. If it has already been modded i would steer clear of it. You dont know the history of the system, what he did with it , and no matter what precautions you take it might not be enough if you sign on with it.
    Personally i would sell that ps4 outright and out that money towards a clean hackable unit. That way you can do some reading over at gbatemp to see ex as ctly what you can and cant get away with. Not knowing exactly what he did with the system is a deal breaker. He could have used dev menu, layeredfs, any of the homebrew solutions without having txs mod. Its just to big a risk unless you are solely interested in never going online with that system.

3. 9,533
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

from what I've heard, auto-rcm no longer works on 6.2. I think that might be what caused the trinket to no longer function on a friend's switch. he's far more an expert on the system than I am though, so I'm just piecing things together. ;) there's an app to update safely without burning fuses btw, but afaik, everything works on 6.1 or possibly even 5.1, all current games that is (not sure about updates), so there's no reason to update.

4. 479
    barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal Member

@nCadeRegal thanx and passed, your right not sure what has been done to console. thank you for that
    @pinky if it was me i wouldnt update it also makes me curious why he updated it. not sure if modded or not and maybe thats why he wanted to trade

5. 9,533
    pinky

the system will nag you to update once an update has downloaded. if you're in sleep mode, you need to click resume game while the default selection is update, so you could lose save progress if you accidentally press it. I'm assuming that that's what happened. updates take like three seconds from start to finish, so it's very easy to mess up.

6. 479
    barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal Member

I passed on the deal. come to find out it was modded but he said it would never work for more than 2 days. Poopy :sadface:

7. 479
    barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal Member

What I don’t understand is why no one is jumping on my ps4’s (locally) I jizzed in my pants when I found out about the exploit.
    Guess I could eBay it.

8. 9,533
    pinky

dunno. there are a lot of exploitable ps4 and switches out there, so they don't sell for as much as you might expect. I mean ps4s go for barely more than the new price, and yet a lot of the time, they don't sell at all. with the switch, there are like over 20 million exploitable consoles out there. the number for the ps4 must be rather high as well.