PS3 XMB Package Downloader - An XMB MOD that intergrates a Homebrew Store on the XMB v0.70

XMB Package Downloader is a "Homebrew Store" that is intergrated into the XMB

1. 1,840
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  2. 1,840
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Note: I had to use the download plugin sprx from Rebug 4.80 (REX) to get XMBPD v0.62 to work properly on the 4.81 CEX CFWs (error 80029567 otherwise), if you are not comfortable with using that file on your CEX CFW then don't install this mod.

3. 1,840
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

DeViL303 updated XMBPD (XMB Package Downloader) with a new update entry:

XMBPD v0.62.00

Read the rest of this update entry...

DOWNLOAD

Can now be updated from the XMB again, link was down for a little while.

aldostools likes this.
  4. 5,531
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Nice update as always...

Regarding this problem with download_plugin.sprx in 4.81, did you get this error code with all pkg types? When did you get the error? Immediately on launching the query? Later?
    Did the install command without downloading & the download command without installing give you the same error as well?

The error code you reported seems to be linked to pkg installation according to psdevwiki which is a bit strange however because pkg installation is not handled by download_plugin, it is game_ext_plugin's prerogative...

Also, beyond XMBPD, it would be problematic if the wMM pkg functions didn't work on non Rebug CFW, with a sprx system file having to be replaced as a workaround...

5. 1,840
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

I didn't try different package types to be honest, was just trying to get XMBPD working as quickly as possible, it didn't work on a few like managers and Emulators. did not try official packages.

Got the error just as the download bar came up, didn't get to 1%. Tried on a few of the new fws.

I did not try different download/install settings but I will when I get a chance. Doubt it will make a difference though as it doesn't even initiate the download.

Yeah I researched the error a bit and gave up as it was all old info and this is new territory, 4.80 Rebug (DEX?) plugin works fine from my testing. And it doesn't effect cobra hashes which is one positive.

Looks like the CEX download plugin will need a patch if it wants to be compatible with the new wm pkg handling commands. If I discover anything I will post here but that seems to be about it..I was glad to have found the offending file so didn't look around much once it started working.

The old XMBPD method using the xil xmls would only work on Rebug too..

bguerville likes this.
  6. 1,840
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

I noticed before in my tests with the old XMBPD using the xil xmls, that I could download/install official pkgs from my own host on CEX CFW (using all standard sprx files of course as I hadn't tried swapping sprx files at that stage)..so back then I concluded there was some check done on the pkg somehow before downloading that was failing due to signing,flags,or metadata or some bs I didn't understand. :) I assumed Rebug had some custom patch to bypass a security check.

So I have done some testing:
    The wmm commands work fine using a PSN pkg with the CEX plugin. I tried direct from a Sony link first, then from my own host and then locally when using the CEX download plugin.

But i can not even install local pkgs via webMAN command that are not official while using that sprx, so the download plugin is obviously responsible for more than just downloading. It performs some checks too. I know the ps3 sees the pkg like its not local even though it is due to the webserver/URL.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    bguerville and aldostools like this.
  7. 1,762
    aldostools

aldostools Developer

This info should be of interest for CFW devs that produce CEX pups: @darkjiros @Alexander @Bobby_Downgrades @playerkp420

BTW I would like to ask them why they prefer to put the stage2 in a different place than the original localtion /dev_flash/sys/stage2.bin

bguerville, DeViL303 and Alexander like this.
  8. 1,762
    aldostools

aldostools Developer

I would like to request them to add support for XMBM+ in category_game.xml like Rebug does. It would make things more simple for *your* end users.

bguerville and DeViL303 like this.
  9. 98
    Bobby_Downgrades

Bobby_Downgrades Developer

Home Page:
    Thanks Aldo, I just spoke to Devil about it,
    Seems I had forgotten to patch the download plugin, I patched this manually on 4.80 but I have since added it into my cfw maker program,

The reason for moving stage2 into new location was simply OCD I wanted to put all extra files into webman folder in dev flash,
    @DeViL303 is going to be giving input into overflow cfw from now,
    we have been talking about making it back to generic with files paths and names standard to everyone else,
    In the hope that the cfw can be friendly for all homebrew, (so everyone knows where everything is),
    I have only recently found everyone here and before having compatibility with other devs was not a concern but
    from speaking with so many friendly people over the past couple of months I am going to try to make
    the cfw dev friendly,
    Also yes if you explain to me what changes need to be made in order to make the cfw XMBM+ friendly I will gladly do that,
    thanks for thinking of me

bitsbubba, lord3490 and aldostools like this.
  10. 1,840
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Its not just your firmware, it's all the 4.81 cfws I've tried. I think it has to be the DEX plugin, or some other patch that rebug has.
    Its just one tiny query that needs to be added to the game category xmls, but cfw makers need to make sure they don't end up with duplicate packages in thier package Managers/install pkg files. I have already had this issue when adding xmbm support on my Launchpad game xmls, I think it was on Playerpk420's but not sure, I have sorted it in my xmls and can show you how if the issue arises.

11. 98
    Bobby_Downgrades

Home Page:

The download plugin will not let you download packages without being patched,
    on dex cfw for example you cannot update a game without the download plugin and autodownload plugin being patched,
    with packages as your doing you don't need the autodownload patched only the download plugin,
    I believe the nas plugin checks pkg type, (retail / debug) so without patching to allow retail pkgs on dex you again cannot update games,
    then lastly the explore cat game plugin handles signature, when it's patched it allows unofficial signed pkgs to be installed,

The function in the download plugin that manages download of pkgs is i think the same in cex and dex, in dex cfw I patch it to allow download of official game packages, otherwise games cannot update online, (combined with autodownload plugin patch)
    In cex 4.80 I used the same method with the cex download plugin (exact same function patched) to allow download and install via whats new,
    Are you trying to download local pkgs on rebug cfw ?
    If yes maybe the patch to disable ecdsa check on retail pkgs is not present (I don't think they use it),
    If no maybe something else is checking sig on pkgs ?
    Or of course your first thought of the download plugin checking may be correct but I've never seen anything like that when I have been in there, I may not have seen tho due to not looking for it

12. 1,840
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Local, remote, It always works fine on Rebug but now I've been trying to get it working on CEX since the new FW release.
    Well unless maybe everyone except Rebug forgot to apply some patch, it is the download plugin from DEX that is required, swapping that one file makes the whole thing work.

13. 98
    Bobby_Downgrades

Home Page:
    With cex there is no need to patch it, as the games will update that's why it hasn't been patched by anyone, I only patched it in my cex 4.80 due to using the whats new downloads,
    Are you able to download from local host on 4.81 ?

DeViL303 likes this.
  14. 98
    Bobby_Downgrades

Home Page:

Here is the cex download plugin patched to allow downloads for 4.81
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/629hhj9h879h2id/download_plugin.sprx?dl=0

bitsbubba, DeViL303 and aldostools like this.
  15. 1,840
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Well there is a need now due to XMBPD . :)

Tested your sprx and its working! :)

So you already know what patch needs to be applied to the download plugin on CEX to make xmbpd work without using rebug sprx.. I see. problem solved. Nice feature ;)

16. 98
    Bobby_Downgrades

Home Page:
    :)
    It will work with all 4.81 cex cfw

DeViL303 likes this.
  17. 1,840
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Cool, I will include your sprx in the next xmbpd as a "fix" for firmwares that don't support it.

18. 98
    Bobby_Downgrades

Home Page:
    @Alexander @playerkp420

Here are the patches discussed in this thread for the download_plugin.prx to allow downloading pkgs (to allow unsigned)
    using XMBPD,
    There are two ways but this is the way I use (with 2 patches),

download_plugin.sprx

search and replace in hex:
    2F800000419E01B03BA10080
    2F800000600000003BA10080
    search and replace in hex:
    2F890000419E004C38000000
    2F8900006000000038000000

19. 98
    Bobby_Downgrades

Home Page:
    Good idea :)

20. 1,762
    aldostools

aldostools Developer

Thanks for your reply. I suggest you check category_game.xml and category_game_tool2.xml in Rebug. It has the following 2 queries added (the 1st is for XMBM+ and the 2nd is for webMAN).
    Code:
    <Query
    class="type:x-xmb/folder-pixmap"
    key="seg_package_files"
    src="xmb://localhost/%flash/xmb/category_game.xml#seg_package_files"
    />
    <Query
    class="type:x-xmb/folder-pixmap"
    key="xmb_app3"
    attr="xmb_app3"
    src="xmb://localhost/dev_hdd0/xmlhost/game_plugin/fb.xml#seg_fb"
    />

Indeed I suggest you and all the other devs that use Rebug as the model to follow and improve. It is the result from many talented devs (not only Evilsperm, Cyberskunk, Joonie, Habib, Abkarino).

BTW I saw that you included a custom version of webMAN MOD. It has a combo to disable Cobra, but you forgot to change the path to point to your custom location of stage2. If you use the standard location in /dev_flash/sys, then you don't have to make changes and the updates in my github would be also compatible with your CFW.

DeViL303 likes this.