XMB modding has been a hot topic in the PS3 community lately and something that many including myself would like to see more of, As the XMB is still a very useful and intuitive menu system, as we see many applications clone still to this day. Developer DeViL303 has been known for many of his XMB Mods over the years, some of his more recent works include webMAN LaunchPad & XMB Package Downloader or simply XMBPD. As we seen weeks ago DeViL303 announced a complete overhaul to XMBPD ("The XMB Homebrew Store") allowing for more flexibility and features while also removing some restrictions , Since the changes to XMBPD we have seen the progress in this thread with some interesting discussion as the dev has yielded some feedback on the project to gauge a path for the future, which has helped as DeViL303 shares the latest version of XMBPD (v0.60.000) for REBUG 4.80.1 CFW ONLY.
Since our last report on this project, there has been a new wallpaper category with some new features and eye candy surrounding wallpapers, New icons have been used in XMBPD thanks to the contributions of psx-place contributor Berion that really give this release a clean look (as seen in the included screenshots). There is alot more changes and notes about this update of XMBPD v0.60.000
XMB Package Downloader (XMBPD)
NEW -- XMBPD v0.60.000 Rebug 4.80.1 Only
- Added a new category for wallpapers, with 9 sub categories.
- All wallpapers with local preview icons.
- The wallpaper/background will open in the webbrowser and then you can press triangle and go to "File>Save Image". Then you can exit the browser and go to the Photo category to set it as a wallpaper.
- There are 2 hidden wallpaper categories commented out, I have commented them out as a form of parental control, if you can FTP and edit the main xml to uncomment them then you are probably to old enough to view them.
- Added a new settings category for wallpapers.
- Added Webman 1.45.00 pkg and changed the title to 1.45.XX (as it is regularly updated I have it named like this now).
- Also added WebMAN Mod to the Tools section as it has so many uses.
the wallpapers category will show 100 items per category by default, you can increase this, once you go over 200 though you might notice missing icons as you move around through the categories more, that's why I have labelled settings above 200 as "experimental" for now, Just so you know, If icons start to go missing inside XMBPD you will need a reboot. Its probably RAM issues due to so many items. (over 7000 when set to max)IMPORTANT Notes & details about XMBPD:
- Installing XMBPD for the 1st time: If this is your first time trying this then you can install this package = Download (This package includes the latest XMBM+ from aldostools, Once installed you will find XMBM+ on the game category with XMBPD inside)
- Updating XMBPD If you already have XMBPD installed you can simply update to v0.60.000 via the built in update icon inside XMBPD setup.
- Required: The FULL Edition of webMAN MOD version 1.43.36 or higher is required
- Required: XMBPD only works on 4.80.1 REBUG REX CFW
Latest WIP Build Changelogs:v0.50.006
- Moved XMBPD up one layer on the XMB (still inside XMBM+)
- Added all of Berions icons, Looking real good. (massive THANKS! for doing those, really brought XMBPD up a notch)
- 3 icon styles to choose from now, Mixed, Bubbled and Unbubbled.
- Changed the update system so it now works via auto installing pkg instead of by downloading an xml.
- Added a few more packages to the PSN section, Spotify, Singstar.
- Added checkbox icons to show which package setting is enabled and which Style setting is enabled.
- Few other small cosmetic changes.
- Added Style / Theme Settings > Mixed (Default), All Bubbled and All Unbubbled.
- Added Reboot Option (handy for after updating or changing settings)
- Added Update XMBPD via downloading the latest XMBPD.xml directly
- Added an About section (contains Note, Support Link, Credits, Current Version with update status icon)
- Added a new category for PS3_EXTRA iso files (Contains 4 created by 0_obeWAN)
- Few cosmetic changes, grammar etc.
- Added Package Handling Settings > Install, Keep, Download.
- Moved XMBPD from Rebugs package manager to XMBM+.
Click Image to enlarge
Credits: Aldostools, Berion, Bguerville, Bitsbubba, DeViL303, Haru, 0_obeWAN.
Biggest thanks goes out to Aldostools for all the neat features he has been incorporating into WebMAN MOD.
Download: XMBPD v0.60.000
PS3 XMBPD v0.60.000 - The XMB Homebrew Store by DeViL303 keeps evolving ...
By STLcardsWS on Oct 14, 2016 at 8:18 PM
ePSP Bubble Installer 3.1 (by CelesteBlue)Since we last checked in on this homebrew, developer CelesteBlue has made several updates to the incredibly useful ePSP Bubble Installer with the release of version 3.0 and 3.1. Which added the ability to duplicate ePSP bubbles & adds a bubble Removal functions (v3.1 actually fixes an issue with the new feature added in 3.0) & various other changes have been outlined in the logs, a very useful utility for exploiting and utilizing the psp emulator with henkaku.Continue reading
Configuration Manager v0.20 (by DeViL303): Several new additions are present in this updateEveryone like XMB mods, Right? Well we know @DeViL303 is no stranger to XMB Modding and if you did not checkout the inaugural version of Configuration Manager you can give this latest update a go as we see several new additions to the release adding confirmation dialogs for copy operations. plus a few features outlined in the changelog provided. Also if your more XMB mods be sure to view the recent work from @Berion 's as the dev pushes an unofficial update to XMB Manager Plus with the release of XMBM+ 2k17. Continue reading
Project Void v0.0.3 (by Akabane87) - Many new elements & progress in this homebrew GameFollowing the previous update to Project Void from developer Akabane87, we have seen an extensive changes that includes a vast amount of changes, making this one step (of the many) closer to a complete game and this homebrew project is really impressive as Project Void put you in a dogfight in space with your ship against the elements. This update brings alot of new elements so give this new vpk a go and also read the "Latest Update" tab for all the details of this update. Also view what is currently playable and operational within Project Void.Continue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 homebrew
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3 plugin
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
ALL OpenBOR OPL ready ISOs -Neill Corlett
MegaMan- War of the Past OpenBOR OPL ready ISO -Neill Corlett