XMB modding has been a hot topic in the PS3 community lately and something that many including myself would like to see more of, As the XMB is still a very useful and intuitive menu system, as we see many applications clone still to this day. Developer DeViL303 has been known for many of his XMB Mods over the years, some of his more recent works include webMAN LaunchPad & XMB Package Downloader or simply XMBPD. As we seen weeks ago DeViL303 announced a complete overhaul to XMBPD ("The XMB Homebrew Store") allowing for more flexibility and features while also removing some restrictions , Since the changes to XMBPD we have seen the progress in this thread with some interesting discussion as the dev has yielded some feedback on the project to gauge a path for the future, which has helped as DeViL303 shares the latest version of XMBPD (v0.60.000) for REBUG 4.80.1 CFW ONLY.
Since our last report on this project, there has been a new wallpaper category with some new features and eye candy surrounding wallpapers, New icons have been used in XMBPD thanks to the contributions of psx-place contributor Berion that really give this release a clean look (as seen in the included screenshots). There is alot more changes and notes about this update of XMBPD v0.60.000
XMB Package Downloader (XMBPD)
NEW -- XMBPD v0.60.000 Rebug 4.80.1 Only
- Added a new category for wallpapers, with 9 sub categories.
- All wallpapers with local preview icons.
- The wallpaper/background will open in the webbrowser and then you can press triangle and go to "File>Save Image". Then you can exit the browser and go to the Photo category to set it as a wallpaper.
- There are 2 hidden wallpaper categories commented out, I have commented them out as a form of parental control, if you can FTP and edit the main xml to uncomment them then you are probably to old enough to view them.
- Added a new settings category for wallpapers.
- Added Webman 1.45.00 pkg and changed the title to 1.45.XX (as it is regularly updated I have it named like this now).
- Also added WebMAN Mod to the Tools section as it has so many uses.
the wallpapers category will show 100 items per category by default, you can increase this, once you go over 200 though you might notice missing icons as you move around through the categories more, that's why I have labelled settings above 200 as "experimental" for now, Just so you know, If icons start to go missing inside XMBPD you will need a reboot. Its probably RAM issues due to so many items. (over 7000 when set to max)IMPORTANT Notes & details about XMBPD:
- Installing XMBPD for the 1st time: If this is your first time trying this then you can install this package = Download (This package includes the latest XMBM+ from aldostools, Once installed you will find XMBM+ on the game category with XMBPD inside)
- Updating XMBPD If you already have XMBPD installed you can simply update to v0.60.000 via the built in update icon inside XMBPD setup.
- Required: The FULL Edition of webMAN MOD version 1.43.36 or higher is required
- Required: XMBPD only works on 4.80.1 REBUG REX CFW
Latest WIP Build Changelogs:v0.50.006
- Moved XMBPD up one layer on the XMB (still inside XMBM+)
- Added all of Berions icons, Looking real good. (massive THANKS! for doing those, really brought XMBPD up a notch)
- 3 icon styles to choose from now, Mixed, Bubbled and Unbubbled.
- Changed the update system so it now works via auto installing pkg instead of by downloading an xml.
- Added a few more packages to the PSN section, Spotify, Singstar.
- Added checkbox icons to show which package setting is enabled and which Style setting is enabled.
- Few other small cosmetic changes.
- Added Style / Theme Settings > Mixed (Default), All Bubbled and All Unbubbled.
- Added Reboot Option (handy for after updating or changing settings)
- Added Update XMBPD via downloading the latest XMBPD.xml directly
- Added an About section (contains Note, Support Link, Credits, Current Version with update status icon)
- Added a new category for PS3_EXTRA iso files (Contains 4 created by 0_obeWAN)
- Few cosmetic changes, grammar etc.
- Added Package Handling Settings > Install, Keep, Download.
- Moved XMBPD from Rebugs package manager to XMBM+.
Click Image to enlarge
Credits: Aldostools, Berion, Bguerville, Bitsbubba, DeViL303, Haru, 0_obeWAN.
Biggest thanks goes out to Aldostools for all the neat features he has been incorporating into WebMAN MOD.
Download: XMBPD v0.60.000
PS3 XMBPD v0.60.000 - The XMB Homebrew Store by DeViL303 keeps evolving ...
By STLcardsWS on Oct 14, 2016 at 8:18 PM
TheFlow cracks Vita Firmware 3.67 ("Will Release" but "Not Soon")TheFlow has brought some clarity on the recent updates (commits) made to VitaShell suggesting 3.67 Support, It is indeed true that 3.67 is now exploitable for the PS Vita and sibling devices the PlayStation TV (Vita TV). The dev has now confirmed on his official twitter (tweets below) that user and kernel access on Vita's 3.67 Firmware has been achieved, However, do note before you get too excited, the developer won't release till end of year, in what seems to be a move to wait out any future Vita firmware updates that may be on the horizon,. The dev has also stated (if time allows) the possibility to update HENkaku Enso to 3.65 for existing Vita user's, but in the future we might see all vita devices with a new window for exploiting .Its unclear if the recent Vita Bootloader Hack aided or had anything to with this hack but details are sure to emerge in the coming weeks and months What ya think about this announcement from TheFlow?
-STLcardsWS/ nCadeRegalContinue reading
Something good is going on in the PS Vita SceneIt appears "Something good is going on in the PS Vita Scene" says psx-place's own kozarovv, As the recent commits by xyz (team molecule member) and then TheFlow (VitaShell Creator) Github pages some rather interesting discoveries were found in those recent commits as also The_Hero (of Games&Consoles) points out about some new commits arising following the news from last week when Yifan lu (a member of Team Molecule) disclosed the new HENkaku Enso Bootloader Hack to the Vita Community. Since, it now appears there are some rather interesting developments coming to fruition in the Vita's ecosystem. Are we are likely in store for something big for the Vita Community, like 3.67 breakthroughs? It sure looks that way, currently, we are only making suggestions and concluding details from the commits across these Open Source Projects from elite vita devs. As these changes are signaling something is on the horizon. @kozarovv laid out some of the important bits of information that can be gather from those recent commits made available -STLcardsWSContinue reading
HENkaku Ensō bootloader hack for Vita [ by Team molecule]Team molecule is not done detailing information on the PS Vita / PlayStation TV / Vita TV, after the releases of HENkaku and then HENkaku Ensō Now developer Yifan Lu has detailed a write up detailing a new exploit titled HENkaku Ensō bootloader Hack, the information detailed could lift some of the restrictions hampered in the Vita's current environment. and even lead to a full blown 3.65 exploit (but that needs additional work the team is not interested in, but they hope others will be with this new info.) There is alot to read so i will let you get to the details yourself in the this well written piece by the developer, The topic we have broke up below in our tabs for easy reading, but you can also view the original format in the source link provided from Yifanlu's blog at bottom of the article.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: