This is a new collection of mods all combined into one "new" category, with all xmls and icons in one place on HDD. It allows for the user to choose exactly which components to install, and they can choose where to install them, and it also allows easy updating/modifying of each component individually.
All mods are translated into Spanish, French, Italian and German in this release (based on system XMB setting), other languages will show English for now..More languages on the way.
The basic idea is that I moved the original network items over to PSN and renamed that to Network, I also cleaned some useless items out of the PSN category. The easiest way to understand how it works and what it changes is to watch a video.
Big thanks to all the developers/originators of those mods/plugins/hacks and everyone who has helped with translating, testing and ideas etc, there are too many to name, but here are some anyway, @aldostools, @Berion, @bguerville, @bitsbubba, @deank, @kozarovv, @mysis, @littlebalup, @Joonie, @habib, @Haru, Team Rebug, @esc0rtd3w, @MHAF99, @disyoko , @thehero_@STLcardsWS, Team XMBM+, @Phil, @0_obeWAN, @Lord3940, @sandungas and more.
Special thanks to the translators and to Berion for the icons.
Below are the XMB items/Mods/Addons you can choose to install, each one (or all) can be installed into either the new CFW Extras Category, or into the game category, or both:
In the users category you can choose to add some or all of the following items:
- Soft Reboot
- Hard Reboot
- App Home
- Configuration Manager
- CFW Tools (Mod of Mod)
- Homebrew Folder
- Package Manager
- Package Manager Plus (Mod)
- webMAN Games
- webMAN Mod Settings
- XMB Manager (Mod , no "plus")
- XMB Package Downloader
Most items don't need any explanation as they are self explanatory by the name, but the Homebrew Folder might, This is a new item that can be added to Game or CFW Extras, it will show any apps that have the category designation "CB" in the PARAM.SFO, So if for example you wanted to move some of your apps into this, you would edit the PARAM.SFO to "CB", then rebuild database and they will appear inside there, or just pack that PARAM.SFO into the pkg before install.
- Soft Reboot
- Hard Reboot
This also installs the Whats New on PSX-Place Item, it will replace the original "Whats New" in the PSN category (the original was broken in Rebug anyway, links don't work).
There are more features too, such as the ability to install mods into any category without modifying flash again, I have made 5 generic "extension slots" in each category, but they wont be used in this initial release.
- This is ONLY for Rebug 4.81 REX. (only tested on that, may work on other CFW at your risk)
- If you have any existing mods in any category this will wipe them out.
- You are required to have a webMAN Mod plugin running for some features to work, such as webMAN games, webMAN mod settings, and XMBPD (full edition of wMM required for this).
- Due to the amount of items this adds, your ingame XMB will struggle to show all of the icons more than usual, and some of the icons for the mods will never show.
- This is the first release of a WIP so there are most likely some bugs.
* I will add more to this description over time.
PS3 CFW Extras Category v1.01
An XMB Mod that Completely Replaces your Network Category with Custom Items