E-UAE 0.8.29-WIP4 for PS3 release 10
[PS3 Port by OLE]
- compiled by using psl1ght v.2 sdk
- The full uae documentation is stored in the 'docs' subdirectory,
here you are reading the ps3 port info.
- 68000, 68010, 68020, 68040, 68060 processor cores
- OCS, ECS and AGA chipset
- amiga hi-res (720x576) graphics resolution in 32bit depth
- joystick1, joystick2 (2nd joypad required) and mouse emulation
- options dialog (supports switching of the disk files and more)
- sound in 48000 kHz
- keyboard emulation
- support for usb keyboard and usb mouse
- support for loading zip and dms floppy images
- support hor harddisk files
- save-state saving and loading
- reads either /dev_usb000/uae/uae.cfg or /dev_hdd0/game/EUAE00829/USRDIR/UAE.CFG configuration during startup!
- ps3 ready to boot homebrew programs
- kickstart rom - see spoiler belowNote that to make full use of E-UAE you will need access to an image
of some version of the Amiga Kickstart ROM (although E-UAE does include a ROM emulation which may work with some old games). The Amiga Kickstart ROMs are copyrighted material and may not be freely
distributed (so don't ask me for a copy). If you don't have an Amiga
from which you can legally make a ROM image, a selection of ROM images are available for purchase online from Cloanto (publishers of the
Amiga Forever distribution). See http://www.amigaforever.com/
- - joystick button 1
- - mouse button 1
- - mouse button 2
- - user defined keyboard key
- press to activate virtual keyboard (vkb), release to hide it. If vkb is shown press left/right digital pad to select the current key. Press the 'up' digital pad button to actually simualte key press of the current key. L1, L2, R1 ann CIRCLE buttons are user defined keys. If vkb is shown press L1 to define L1 button, press L2 to define L2 button and press R1 to define R1 button. Later on (when keyboard is hidden) if you press L1, L2 etc. it will simulate assigned key press / release.
- Joypad 1 (emulates joystick 1 and mouse 1)
- Joypad 2 (emulates joystick 2) - if you want to enable 2-joystick mode, plug-in the second joy pad, restart uae and switch the port mode to "joy-1 & joy-2" in the options dialog.
- left analog pad emulates either mouse movement (by default) or joystick. Press R3 (right hat) to switch between mouse and joystick control on left hat. Speed-up of the mouse cursor movement can be changed in the options dialog.
- press Start to enter application menu, you can load ADF files from there.
- press CIRCLE to exit the application menu
- The program reads uae.cfg during startup. In this configuration file you should specify all required parameters (memory size, kick rom, initial floppy disk files, cpu core, chipset etc.).
- Files (kickrom, adf files) are accesible from either usb disk or internal disk.
- NTSC support: press and hold CIRCLE button during emulator startup to initialize 480 lines /60 Hz video mode. If it doesn't work for you, you can press and hold
- TRIANGLE button during starup to use the current video mode set in dashboard. Make sure to change emulator options to actually emulate ntsc amiga machine by setting ntsc=true in your configuration file or in options- Save states are stored in your harddisk directory /dev_hdd0/game/EUAE00829/USRDIR/SAVE
- to use harddisk file: enter options and mount it the "Hard files" submenu. Alternatively you can specify the harddisk in your configuration file by adding the following line: hardfile=read-write,32,1,2,512,/dev_usb000/uae/system.hdf or, if the previous one doesn't work for you: hardfile=read-write,0,0,0,512,/dev_usb000/uae/system.hdf Normally you just need to change the path and filename of the hardfile. The first four numbers are the default ones and should work even if your emulated disk file has a different size. The first set of numbers is ok for hardfiles formated to OFS (old file system), the second set (zeros) is for harddisk files formated to RDB (fast file system).
Credits and thanks:
- UAE team and porters.
- RCDRUMMOND for E-UAE
- psl1ght sdk team
- PS3 homebrew scene
PS3 E-UAE (Amiga Emulator) R10
A Ps3 Port of E-UAE E 0.8.29-WIP4 (Amiga Emulator)