Neopop/Ps2 is a port of Neopop, a portable "NeoGeo Pocket (Color)" emulator.
Disclaimer / Licence
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version. See also the license.txt file for
- In addition you agree that you will not distribute this program with
commercial rom images in any form.
- first public release
- use Core version 0.71
- Current Features:
- High compatibilty (identical to the original)
- PAL/NTSC auto-detection
- HOST/CD/MC/HDD support
- Loads games from everywhere !
- Ingame menu
- emulation is not fullspeed
- Sound Issues (due to slow emulation speed)
- GUI/browser is bugged
- Improve speed
- Zip Support
- Flash Support
- Save State
- Screenshot support (in the rom browser)
- more ?
If you would like a feature that is not listed above, please
contact me with your idea (see below).
General requirements :
Supported roms extension are :
* CDROM/MC :
- Put your roms in a directory at the root of you CD / MC
- Burn it (if on CD)
- Launch the emu, it's done !
-> filename are limited to 32 characters on the MC (including extension)
- Create a valid partition with a filesystem where to put your roms
- Copy them into it (be sure to put them in the root directly)
- Launch the emu, select [HDD] in the browser
- Enjoy !
* HOST :
The emulator can load rom from host, in order to use this, put a file
named "romlist.ini" where is located the elf and containing :
...according to where you put your roms. for example:
PDroms\Manic Miner V1.0 by Lindon Dodd (PD).npc;
in the above examples the roms will need to be located under a "PDroms" directory, respecting to where the elf is located. so :
\PDroms\Manic Miner V1.0 by Lindon Dodd (PD).npc
- When using host loading you won't have access to your mc/cd/hdd
- HDD is only available if you have a HDD installed and formatted.
- the Browser only support one level directory
- With HDD, the roms need to located in the root of your partition.
Partition must be valid and created with a filesystem
- There is some problem with refreshing CD content when changing CD
in the browser (just choose the old one / back and it should force refresh)
- The browser won't enter a directory/partition if it doesn't find any rom
inside (should add a warning msg).
The rom browser will allow you to switch from mc/cdrom/hdd to mc/cdrom/hdd ..
PS2 - NEOPOP
Arrows = A/D-Pad
Left stick = A/D-Pad
Cross = Button A
Circle = Button B
Square = Button C
Start = Start
Select = Ingame Menu
- Resume : Go back to current game
- Display : Change the display (original size, double, fullscreen)
- Filter : Video filter (Nearest or Linear) with certain games, Linear filter is needed to correct some effect caused by the fullscreen video option.
- FPS Counter : Display the framerate note that FPS is NOT accurate when frameskip is ON
- Frameskip : Enable / Disable frameskip It enable a frameskip of 1, that is more than enough.
- Sound : Turn sound on/off
- Soft Reset : Reset emulation
- Browser : return to the rom browser
Additionaly by holding [Select] when in the ingame menu, you can change
the screen position using the directional pad.
- Credits: (in no particular order)
neopop_uk - For the neopop emulator, please see original readme
for full original credits.
7not6 - For his precious help on debugging the cpu cores
Drakonite - triple buffering idea, and lots of talk
<G> - GUI background/artwork.
CC Team - for support and sponsoring.
Hyriu - LibCDVD.
Vzzrzzn, Sjeep - GfxPipe lib.
Sjeep, Lukasz Bruun - Original (i)Sjpcm lib.
PS2-Scene - For hosting
PS2DEV - As all this won't be possible without the PS2SDK !
Everyone Else - Thanks for taking an interest....
If I forgot to mention someone in the credits, please let me know.