- PlayLua is an integrated development environment designed to develop games for Sony's PlayStation 2, Sony's PlayStation Portable, Microsoft Windows, Arduino and Android. This IDE works by modes to adapt to each Framework, the modes and their descriptions are shown below:
- PS2 Mode: It is to create applications for PlayStation 2 in Lua programming language. The framework is LuaPlayer, from the famework that was published as a port for PS2, I did an internal reconstruction, solved problems, added functionalities and classes, however I left the interface of functions intact for compatibility with PSP, for the new classes have to see the documentation. Note: In this mode, only 2D graphics can be rendered.
- PS2DEV Mode: It is to create applications for Play Station 2 in C/C++ programming language. The framework are all the works that were made under the PS2DEV seal, where my contribution is the creation of the OpenGL-Clipping for PlayStation 2, which allows to show 3D models correctly, which gives the green light to create videogames with OpenGL.
- PSP Mode: It is to create applications for PlayStation Portable in Lua programming language. The framework is LuaPlayer.
- Windows Mode: It is to create applications for Windows and Arduino in Lua programming language. The framework is PlayLua Engine, an 3D Game Engine that allows to use 3D models, GUI elements, cameras, physics and Arduino, which gives the green light to create augmented reality applications, or automation applications.
- Android Mode: It is to create applications for Android in Lua programming language. (Beta)
- Editor: Lua and C ++ code editor with syntax highlighting.
- Emulation: For the development of applications for PlayStation 2, the emulation is in charge of PCSX2. For PSP he is in charge of "Windows version of Lua Player".
- Compilation: For the development of applications for PlayStation 2, PlayLua contains the compilers and virtual machines to create the executables from the programs (C / C++ / Lua).
- Run on PlayStation 2: is a functionality that allows you to compile and run the program (C / C++ / Lua) directly in the console.
- GUI languages: English, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, French, German.
- Documentation generator: this functionality allows you to generate HTML documentation from the comments in the Lua code of your program.
- Features by edition
Feature Lite Edition Full Edition Editor ✓ ✓ Emulation ✓ ✓ Compilation Only PS2 Mode ✓ Documentation generator ✓ Run on PlayStation 2 ✓ PS2 Mode ✓ ✓ PS2DEV Mode Mode ✓ PSP Mode ✓ ✓ Windows Mode (PlayLua Engine) ✓ ✓ PlayLua Engine with access to Arduino ✓ Android Mode
- System minimum requirements
Element Minimun OS Windows XP/Vista/7/8 (32 bis/ 64 bits) CPU 1.6 GHz RAM 1 GB VRAM 512 MB Sofware #1 Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 Software #2 Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) (only Windows XP)
- Videos (Tests)
PlayLua: PS2 Mode Test:
PlayLua: PS2DEV Mode Test:
PlayLua: Mode Windows Test:
Augmented Reality Test (Car-Camera) On PlayLua:
Creator: Carlos Ernesto Jiménez Torres
Questions and suggestions mailbox: [email protected]
Google plus: Carlos Jimenez on Google Plus
- Contact the author: [email protected]
All informations & other stuff is taken from an author homepage.