- Here's an experimental tool that can patch some PS2 games to output in progressive mode (480p).
It was wrote for Ar Tonelico 2 since TSR-based methods cause Gust games to hang.
A secondary benefit is that this method is also compatible with hdloader etc.
The patch mechanism is somewhat generic so should work for other games ... but It wasn't tested much else.
Games which depend on the VSYNC field indicator for timing may run at an unusual frame rate.
- Drag&drop ISO (I suggest to make a backup) on "ps2force480p.exe".
Wait until process stop (window will close).
More info is in Important note tab.
- Since many people try to use this without reading/understanding the usage text, here are some very brief examples.
Patch Ar Tonelico 2: ps2force480p artonelico2.iso 51
Patch Persona 4 (aggressive mode): ps2force480p persona4.iso aggressive
// ps2force480p.cpp, v1.14 2008/05/18
// This tool attempts to patch PlayStation2 games to force display at 480p.
// There are similar tools which can do so at runtime (HDTV Xploder), but
// this interferes with some games and hdloader I hear.
- Known to work with:
2007/10/25 ガスト 「アルトネリコ2 世界に響く少女たちの創造詩 (PS2)」
2008/04/22 ATLUS 「Persona 3 FES (PS2)」
2008/05/29 ガスト 「マナケミア2～おちた学園と錬金術士たち～ (PS2)」
2008/07/10 ATLUS 「Persona 4 (PS2)」
- Updated 1.11: Fixed a bug searching executables at the end of large ISOs.
- Updated 1.12: Fixed a bug that might have caused a dangerous code clobber in some executables.
- Updated 1.13: Implemented an experimental aggressive patching mode for games that manpiulate GS registers directly. This now works with Persona 3: FES, but the frame rate is unnaturally high (due to VSYNC).
- Updated 1.14: Implemented a special patch for Persona 3 until I think of something more general.