Rocks'n'Diamonds is a Boulderdash type game by Holger Schemel with many unique features, such as the ability to play remade levels from Boulderdash, Emerald Mine and Supaplex and many more levels.
More information about the game can be found at the homepage for the Windows version: >>> http://www.artsoft.org/2018/04/10/1-rocksndiamonds-4-1-0-0-released/
And the official manual here: >> https://www.artsoft.org/rocksndiamonds/manual/index.html
Install Additional Levels
- More than 50,000 additional levels can be downloaded here >>> http://www.artsoft.org/rocksndiamonds/levels/
- I made a single easy-to-install zip More_Levels_v2.zip (~80 MB). It contains selected additional levels from the above site and is available here >>> https://mega.nz/#!tdBhDRrZ!t4XrrCyXzCSGjcgFjvh-Sm1MhGErcsWg3UOjUZCKvZ4
- Just download, unzip, and transfer to your Vita, so that you have a subfolder ux0:/data/rocksndiamonds/levels/More_Levels.
- FTP transfer of levelsets has to be done using binary transfer mode, not Auto or ASCII . Otherwise some levels will be treated as ASCII with mangled line endings and won't work. This was verified with the Emerald_Mine_Club_original_1 levels and FileZilla FTP.
- Thanks to my supporters on Patreon: Andyways, CountDuckula, and Sean Ritzo.
- Thanks to Holger Schemel for making a great and portable game.
- install the vpk
- extract contents of data.zip and copy them to your Vita. You should have a folder ux0:/data/rocksndiamonds with the files in it.
- Dpad or left stick = move
- right stick = move mouse pointer
- Cross = primary button (snap action to clear adjacent dirt, also functions as ok in menu)
- Circle = secondary button (drop dynamite)
- Square / L = left mouse button
- Triangle / R = right mouse button
- Select = quit (escape key, also cancels requesters)
- Start = pause (space key)
Note: for multi-touch gestures, the fingers have to be far enough apart from each other, so that the Vita will not erroneously recognize them as a single finger. Otherwise the pointer will jump around.
Single short tap = left mouse click
Single short tap while holding a second finger down = right mouse click
Single finger drag = move the mouse pointer
Dual finger drag = drag'n'drop (left mouse button is held down)
Three finger drag = drag'n'drop (right mouse button is held down)
- To load new level sets, go to the level number select in the menu, and press x. A new screen should open that shows a few levels. Go to the parent dir and into the folder Classic Games. There are many more levels already included in that folder.
- Sometimes when loading a levelset after loading other level sets one after the other, the game runs out of memory and quits. This is fixed by simply restarting the game and loading the levelset again.
- To answer the OK/Cancel dialogs in the game, press select to cancel (select is escape), or x for OK.
- You can install new level sets by copying them into ux0:/data/rocksndiamonds/levels . See the official manual: https://www.artsoft.org/rocksndiamonds/manual/manual.html#
- If you mess up some options and want to reset to default, you can delete the folder 'ux0:/data/rocksndiamonds/userdata'
- Significant speedup by drawing directly to texture pixels. Setting game speed to 'very fast' actually makes it faster now.
- implemented mouse pointer controls via right analog stick and front touch. The level editor is fully usable now.
- improved picture quality for sharper graphics
- fixed name entry using touch keyboard. It works without any return or backspace keypresses now.
- fixed graphics corruption of some cartoons on menu screen (updated data.zip)
- initial Vita release