Something very different this time. SwitchView UI will turn your PS Vita in to a Nintendo Switch! (kinda...) The title of the app is SwitchView UI. I started this project for fun and for personal use but in the process it turned out to something really great so I decided to share it with you. It's a simple homebrew app (or game launcher) that gives you an interface to launch your games and apps.
It is not a replacement for the Vita's Livearea it is just a homebrew app. It lists all the games/apps in your ux0 location (not system apps), and shows them in a menu very similar to the Switch UI.
As you can see I tried to make all the graphics similar to the Switch dark theme. I also tried to keep the PS Vita buttons and icons the same. The buttons bellow the main game thumbs are the system apps like the PS Store, Photos, Settings app etc.
With a little customization you can turn this in to a PS4 or Xbox One interface by simply replacing the images and adjusting the positions.
It's very simple at it's current state but it does the job.
- High quality icons and interface
- Lists all your games/apps and displays their icon
- Clock and battery percentage display on top right corner
- Navigation using the arrow keys and select with X
- System protected apps or nonpdrm games will not display their icons because of protection. A blank thumbnail will be displayed instead - fixed in 0.1.1 thanks to MyLegGuy
- Launching any system app from the apps listed in the second row like the PS Store, Photos, Settings app etc. will give you an error C2-12570-5. You can just ignore it and launch the app again manually - fixed in 0.1.1 thanks to SKGleba
- Rinnegatamante for Lua Player Plus
Want to see more homebrew apps like this? Support my work by becoming a Patron: https://www.patreon.com/vitahex