The 1-TeraByte HDD limitation, which had plagued the PS2, has finally been resolved
(The best PS2 news youve heard in years has just arrived)
This will be invaluable when 1TB internal drives disappear from store shelves
Which is closer to becoming a reality than you might think.
Download available at the bottom of this page... Enjoy
I know we will all eventually need this -Thank You SP193
- vVv IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE DEVELOPER vVv -
Please use the much-improved beta version linked here:
....... LaunchELF v4.43a (2017-09-09) .......
You can follow its progress here:
....... wLaunchELF Release Thread .......
uLaunchElf 4.43a ( 2-TeraByte Edition ) file/partition/hdd manager...
(Allows proper/reliable formatting, and correct size/value reading/feedback)
- For 2TB Internal Hard Drives -
===== Notes from the Beta Tester ( spiderman ) =====
All tests completed/accomplished with the following:
- 1. This version of uLaunchElf ( uLE - 2TB )
- 2. Genuine Official Sony Network Adaptor
- 3. IDE-to-SATA Adapter...
(very quick and simple mod for PHAT/Fatty/Chubby PS2's only)
....... You can find it HERE .......
- 4. 2TB Seagate 2.5" (laptop) SATA Internal Harddisk Drive...
(with the converter I am using, there is no room for a full size Internal HDD)
- 5. USB-to-SATA-Converter...
(to connect the drive to PC for installing games, removing the drive from the ps2 each time)
- 6. OPL 0.9.3 (with all the options = VMC, GSM, etc.)
- 7. HdlDumpGUI v1.5...
(For installing games, it was the same as with ANY other hard drive)
- 8. Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) newest version available
- I've used the uLE-2TB.elf (specifically uLE's HDDmanager/FileBrowser features)...
(mainly to Format the Hard Drive, Create Partitions, and Copy/Paste files)
- Correct Values are now displayed in uLE = Total Size and Free Space look right
- +OPL partition created successfully
- ALL partitions created successfully
- I now have more than 1 TB of games installed ( 484 games )
- ALL Games work as they should in OPL
- ALL Virtual Memory Cards (VMC) work as they should in OPL
- Simple Media System (SMS) works as it should...
(However, the initial loading times seem to have increased)
- HdlDumpGUI readings/feedback of TRUE User-Useable space...
( 1863GB Total / 1104.38GB Used / 758.63GB Available )
"The main problem was formatting the hard drive initially (before this version).
I tried WinHIIP and Free Hard Drive Boot (FHDB) with no success.
uLE didn't work, and gave incorrect values for the HDD size.
SP193 developed a uLE version that worked."
"This site has helped me tremendously, and I will gladly help anybody I can.
I was delighted to help out any way that I could, although really I deserve little of the credit, as it was SP193 that worked on the program, and I was merely a tester."
(for developing, and providing us with, this much needed future-proofing resource)
(Beta Testing, Glitch Reporting, Feedback, Images, and this articles Main Source of information)
Other uLE Maintainers/Contributors of Note:
(who may not have taken part in this version, but deserve an honorable mention nonetheless)
AKuHAK, krHACKen, dlanor, E P, Mirakichi,
Polo35, radad, Drakonite, sincro, kthu, Slam-Tilt, chip, pixel, Hermes,
and many others in the PS2Dev community
....... uLaunchElf 4.43a ( 2-TB edition ) .......
MANY EMAILs AND PMs from spiderman