This is VitaShell's patches for USB storage support as a standalone plugin. If loaded on startup (before SceShell), it will automatically mount the USB storage as ux0 instead of the memory card or internal memory.
Full credits to The_FloW for the patches.
This is NOT for gamecard-to-microSD adapters! For that, you want to check out this
Note: When using USB storage as memory, make sure all taiHEN plugins are installed to ur0: with ur0:tai/config.txt as the config file. This is because taiHEN is loaded before usbmc so you cannot use taiHEN plugins installed to USB.
- First you need to install Ensō
Now you can use the USB storage as extra storage. Continue reading if you want to use it in place of your memory card.
- Make sure your USB storage drive is formatted to a single FAT, FAT32, or exFAT partition using the MBR partition scheme.
- Install the vpk
- Run usbmc to start the installer
- Press X to install the plugin.
- Open the usbmc installer again.
- Press X to start the memory card installation.
- Choose to either copy VitaShell/molecularShell to the USB storage or copy everything from your memory card to the USB storage, replacing any files already on there.
- Once the copying is complete, press X to shut down the Vita.
- Remove your old memory card to start using your USB storage as a memory card.
- Insert a Sony memory card or remove the USB storage if you have internal memory (PSTV and PCH-2000).
- Install the usbmc vpk to that memory card.
- Launch the installer and use the Triangle option to uninstall.
Note you cannot uninstall usbmc while it is in use (duh).
Memory Card Priority
- Vita memory card will be used if inserted.
- USB storage will be used if inserted and formatted correctly.
- Internal memory will be used if it exists (PSTV and PCH-2000).
VITA / PS TV usbmc v4
Automatically mount the USB storage as ux0 instead of the memory card or internal memory.