Official Description (from developer Rinnegatamante)
vitaHexenII is a port for PSVITA of Hexen II, a popular dark-fantasy fps created by Raven Software using a modified version of Quake Engine.
It's based on vitaQuake core and it shares a lot of features with it.
Features in vitaHEXEN II
- Support to both standard game and Portal of Praveus expansion
- Support to both analogs for comfortable aiming and player movement
- Native support to 960x544 resolution
- Rescaler in options menu for fps enthusiasts
- Different hidden features unlocked in the Options Menu (Like FOV)
- Support to dualshock rumbling when player get hit (PSTV only)
- Sounds and CDAudio (Soundtrack) support
- Software GPU Rendering
- Support to savestates
- Sometimes game can crash when trying to change resolution after starting a game
- Quake Console and relative logs are disabled due to random crashes caused by RAM texture usage
- When attempting to change map, sound is not properly paused
How to install
- Place the data folder in ux0:/ and place your data1 folder from your Hexen II purchased installation in ux0:/data/Hexen II. If you want to install also Portal of Praveus, copy also the portals folder to ux0:/data/Hexen II.
How to use soundtrack
- Soundtrack is supported in MIDI, OGG and MP3 formats.
- Files must be placed in ux0:/data/Hexen II/cdtracks and must be named for example as track00.ogg, track01.ogg, etc...
- If you are extracting tracks from your Hexen II cd, this is the correspondence between track name and track filename:
- track02 -> casa1
- track08 -> egyp3
- track14 -> roma3
- track03 -> casa2
- track09 -> meso1
- track15 -> casb1
- track04 -> casa3
- track10 -> meso2
- track16 -> casb2
- track05 -> casa4
- track11 -> meso3
- track17 -> casb3
- track06 -> egyp1
- track12 -> roma1
- track07 -> egyp2
- track13 -> roma2
- Download (Official DL): http://rinnegatamante.it
- Github Repository: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaHexenII
- Release Thread: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=46740