A port of Return to Castle Wolfenstein for PSVITA/PSTV based on iortcw.World War II rages and nations fall. SS head Himmler has Hitler's full backing to twist science and the occult into an army capable of annihilating the Allies once and for all. Battling alone, you're on an intense mission to pierce the black heart of the Third Reich and stop Himmler -- or die trying. Fighting in advanced team-based multiplayer mode, you'll wage your own WWII in an all-out Axis vs. Allies contest for frontline domination.
Powered by the Quake III Arena engine, the Wolfenstein universe explodes with the kind of epic environments, A.I., firepower and cinematic effects that only a game created by true masters can deliver. The dark reich's closing in. The time to act is now. Evil prevails when good men do nothing.
- Cross = Jump
- Square = Reload
- Circle = Open doors/Activate objects
- Triangle = Change weapon
- L Trigger = Aim/Use Binocular
- R Trigger = Shoot
- Left Analog/DPad Arrows = Move player
- Right Analog = Aim
- Touch = Precision Aim
How to install:
- - Install the vpk and data files (if manually installing data files, extract the zip folder in ux0:data)
- - Move pak0.pk3, sp_pak1.pk3 and sp_pak2.pk3 from your RTCW files (Tested with Steam data files) to ux0:data/iortcw/main.
- - [OPTIONAL] If you want to install translations in Italian/French/Spanish/German, grab the relative files from here: https://github.com/iortcw/iortcw/releases/tag/1.51c and overwrite all files in ux0:data/iortcw/main.
vitaRTCW is still extremely experimental:
- - Framerate is unstable, in certain circumstances it can even drop drastically.
- - Fogging is completely disabled.
- - Multiplayer is not implemented.
- - Savegames can't be named (meaning you can have only a single savefile unless you manually rename your save file and overwrite it later).
- - It has not completely tested (only first level got fully played, meaning later in the game, crashes may occur, if it happens, report them here or on GitHub with coredump attachment and possibly a save file to fastly reproduce the issue.
- - Initial boot cutscene is completely black screen, you can skip it however.
- The engine (idTech 3) has been ported through vitaGL and is fully compatible with all supported PSVITA resolutions the same as vitaQuakeIII.
- By default, vitaRTCW will run at 640x368 resolution! This is cause it's a little slower than PSP resolution but makes texts readable.
- If you don't mind about texts and want the best framerate possible, you can switch to 480x272 or if you want better graphics at the cost of lower framerate, you can switch to 720x408 or 960x544.
- To do so, edit in wolfconfig.cfg the r_mode value as follow:
- 0 = 480x272
- 1 = 640x368
- 2 = 720x408
- 3 = 960x544
- Regardless of the resolution you'll play on, vitaRTCW will run with MSAA 4x!
All my patroners for their awesome support:
- Ch3lin for the awesome livearea assets
- iortcw developers (especially MAN-AT-ARMS) for the awesome work done and the help given during QVMs implementation
- Special mention for my distinguished patroners since vitaRTCW can't be integrated with in-game mentions:
- - nobodywasishere
- - RaveHeart
- - Tain Sueiras
- - 2Mourty
- - Andyways
- - ArkaniteOnVita
- - Artūrs Lubāns
- - BOBdotEXE
- - ckPRO
- - Count Duckula
- - Daniel
- - Eduardo Minguez
- - Elwood Blues
- - Gelson Silva
- - Igor Kovacs Biscaia
- - Jared Breland
- - Lars Zondervan
- - Mored1984
- - gnmmarechal
- - Oleg Des
- - Pirloui
- - rsn8887
- - Samuel Batista
- - styroteqe
- - suLac4ever
- - T33Hud
- - Troy Murray
- - Yakara Network
- - PSX-Place.com
- - Download: http://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/459
- - Source-Code: https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/vitaRTCW/
- - Release Thread: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=116&t=49738