OSwanPS2 is a port of Oswan, a Bandai WonderSwan/WonderSwan Color emulator developed by David Raingeard for Windows 9x.
This port is for use on the Sony PS2 and was developed using the PS2SDK.
Oswan/PS2 is not endorsed by Bandai in any way and is produced without the use of any copyrighted material which belongs to Sony Computer Entertainment Inc, or any other party.
Oswan/PS2 should only be used to play games that the user legally owns.
Oswan/PS2 must never be distributed with any copyrighted games or other material. Any breach of these terms is out of the authors control and is not at the authors consent.
Oswan/PS2 is a free sofware. You may copy and distribute it as much as
you like assuming that you respect the above conditions.
The Oswan/PS2 source code is distributed under the terms of the
GNU General Public License.
WonderSwan Color Emulator for the Playstation 2
12-jan-05 : First public release
This is the result of a few days of work, after discussing
with 7not6 on which emulators could be quickly ported and
seeing that "Mr Driller" was available on this one ... !
Remember those days on the dc ...
Unfortunatly, due to a severe lack of motivation, I don't
think I will continue to develop this emu, and rather
prefer to go on with other more interesting and funny
projects, so this could the first and last release !
I wasn't intending to release it but I've been convinced
by <G> to release it in a more or less usable stage, in
case someone would like to continue it. Else it could
still can be usefull to somemone.. could..
The emulator is quite already in an advanced stage, and
source code should be quite easy to understand.
Oh, yes, before you complain, the emulator still miss sound..
I know it sucks, but it has experimental HDD support and
a nice GUI ... ... aaah you're smiling
The HDD code has been added to the 7not6 browser, so that
others emu using it (so almost all) can be updated quicly !
see readme for usage, and current/missing features.
* Good compatibilty
* PAL/NTSC auto-detection
* HOST/MC/HDD/CDROM rom loading
* HDD Support (still in beta-testing)
* nice GUI (Ingame menu & Rom browser)
* Fullscreen or "Windowed" emulation in a real WSC lens !
* Gfx glitches (code portability issue?)
* no sound (code is there, but as games get crazy once enable,
it's deactivated in this release)
* Probably a lot of other stuff...
* Add proper sound support (seal library banz0r... )
* rewrite gfx fct (once gsKit 0.2 available and get rid of old gfxpipe)
* Fix Gfx Glitches
* Rotate display for games requiring it
* Ram save / Save state
* Save config
* Zip support (those roms are too big!)
* Fix bugs
* CDROM/MC :
- Put your roms in a directory at the root of you CD / MC
- Burn it (if on CD)
- Launch the emu, it's done !
- Create a valid partition with a filesystem where to put your roms
- Copy them into it (be sure to put them in the root directly)
- Launch the emu, select [HDD] in the browser
- Enjoy !
* HOST :
The emulator can load rom from host, in order to use this, place a file
named "romlist.ini" where is located the elf with the following content :
and then place all roms according to what you define in the file.
for example :
rom\Final Fantasy (J).wsc;
rom\Mr Driller (J).wsc;
rom\Golden Axe (J).wsc;
in the above examples the roms will need to be located under a "rom" directory, respecting to where the elf is located.
\rom\Final Fantasy (J).wsc;
\rom\Mr Driller (J).wsc;
\rom\Golden Axe (J).wsc;
- When using romlist.ini loading you won't have access to your mc/cd/hdd
- HDD is only available if you have a HDD installed and formatted.
- the Browser only support one level directory
- With HDD, the roms need to located in the root of your partition.
Partition must be valid and created with a filesystem
- There is some problem with refreshing CD content when changing CD
in the browser (just choose the old one / back and it should force refresh)
- The browser won't enter a directory/partition if it doesn't find any rom
inside (should add a warning msg).
The rom browser will allow you to switch from mc/cdrom/hdd to mc/cdrom/hdd ..
PS2 - OSWAN
Arrows = A/D-Pad
Left stick = A/D-Pad
Cross = Button A
Circle = Button B
Start = Start
Select = Ingame Menu
- Resume : Go back to current game
- Display : Original, double, fullscreen
- Filter : Video filter (Nearest or Linear) with certain games, Linear filter is needed to correct some distortion caused by the fullscreen video option.
- Sound : Turn sound on/off (disable for now)
- Color Scheme : Change color scheme (for WS mono only)
- Reset : Reset emulation
- Browser : Return to the rom browser
Additionaly by holding [Select] when in the ingame menu, you can change
the screen position using the directional pad.