$19 for the PS Classic for US Buyers today

Discussion in 'PlayStation Classic (Mini-Console)' started by atreyu187, Jun 29, 2019.

1. 5,808
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    So you wanted a PS Classic but you don't wanna pony up and real cash? Well for today you can get one for $19.

20190629_111354.jpg

Use this add paired with the Target Cartwheel app for a 35% discount putting it right at $19 plus taxes. It's a nice little emulation box that run PSP & NDS games fairly well. As well as runs N64 & Sega DC/Naomi1/2 games not bad. For $19 it's a worth while investment.

TnA and ntodek like this.
  2. 1,060
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

That thing is going to be THE hacking/homebrew-machine next to the OUYA, or RasPi!

That thing is quite neat for the price, including 2 controllers and for what it technically can do.

3. 5,808
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    A consolized NDS & PSP alone is worth the $32 I paid let alone $19!!

TnA likes this.
  4. 1,060
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

2 original (albeit relatively cheap and without any Analog-Support) controllers along with the Mini-PS1-Case (all original Sony + ofc legal and exact prints of 'Sony' and 'Playstation') alone is worth the 20$, IMO. lol

It would be great, if Sony would make an official RPi-case! :)

I am quite sure, that this thing will be able to do much more within a year and it already can do alot!

atreyu187 likes this.
  5. 2,242
    Berion

Berion Developer

BTW: I see many complains about quality of console case and joypads but IMO thy are more than good. I could pay this even just to have them.

Anyway, last two weeks ago there was a promotion in various shops in Poland with PSC prize around 130zł (~34$). It is not than bad. For 20$ as thread title says, I would buy two (in case of brick ;p).

TnA likes this.
  6. 5,808
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

Shoot they are easy to "mod" the USB cable as well. It has a standard mini-USB port inside the controller. I like to use my DS3 especially for NDS and PSP as they need an analog stick for some games to work. Makes the stylus movement trivial. The only issue is it conflicts with the DS4 settings so you have to remove DS4 from the config to use it but works great after that. Or you can just use a DS4 instead.

TnA likes this.
  7. 1,060
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

IMO the quality of the console and controllers itself is very good! It just feels cheap, because it is so lightweight and yes, the controller-cables are a bit short! Add some weight to the controllers - or just use another one, like the DS3 - and it feels way better!

Btw.: Yes, for 20$ (+ tax) I would have bought 3 or so, lol.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  8. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

in my area they're still close to 100 dollars,cheapest import solution is about 60e + 2-3 weeks waiting time.

9. 1,060
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

Where?
    It's quite cheap in the US and in a lot of countries in Europe.

Lowest price for the US - which I had seen before this - was 24$ (+ tax) using a ref-link Madlittlepixel provided!

It was recently (during the E3) available in Saturn and Media Markt for 29€ (including Tax) [at least in Germany... not sure about the others tho'] and on Amazon as well.

10. 1,060
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

It's down to 20$ at 'Best Buy' as well!

11. 5,808
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    You can buy the open returns which are new and never been opened just a return to take another $5 off while in store. So for under a $20 out the door with enough left over to pay for gas you can get one. The pads alone are with that. And they have a standard USB mini port inside it. Just get a really long PS3 USB cable and plug it in the inside. You can then remove the outer port cover and add it to the longer cable. I did this so they look official still.

TnA likes this.
  12. 1,060
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

Yes, that price is worth buying 3, lol. :D

This year (unlike the last one), it'll be a cool and cheap present for Christmas, haha!

DeViL303 likes this.
  13. 7,081
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
  14. 2,242
    Berion

Berion Developer

@DeViL303 What a shame there is no inside any XML. :D

DeViL303 likes this.
  15. 1,060
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

Btw.: Coincidence or not, but it's quite the right time, that Flash-Memory-Devices are dropping in prices significantly!

I can't wait for the 1TB-SSDs and 1TB-Micro-SD-Cards to go below 40€! :D

400GB Micro-SD-Cards are already available at Amazon for 53€... So at the end of the year (given the current price drops) a 1TB-SD-Card should be available for ~75€... Next year and at this day and month, we will probably see a 1TB-Micro-SD-Card for just below 50€!

I am about to change every single HDD I have to either an SSD (in PCs, PS2-4 and XBOX to 360 and wherever there is an internal HDD) or a Micro-SD-Card (for everything, where I use a USB-HDD currently like for the Wii or PS3 and obviously to have enough memory on every device, like quite some smartphones) + quite some small-factor USB2Micro-SD-Adapters.

Technically Flash-Memory is already obsolete since way over a decade, needs too much power and is too slow, to begin with!
    I can't wait for the new memory-types to supercede 'flash', because they need a 10th of the power are 50times faster and are still more robust in terms of memory-safety (Magnetic fields, X-rays, etc.)!

@Berion : ???

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  16. 2,242
    Berion

Berion Developer

@TnA Didn't You know that @DeViL303 is a PS3XML master race? This was my autism joke. ;p

What kind of flash is obsolete? ;) Because You know, there are many like i.e NAND. We have already consumer ready successor: Intel's 3D X-Point (what a stupid name...). No spontaneous charge jumps, no loosing charge after 10+ years without power source, longer cell life etc. They have special SSD line with them: Optane (and I don't talk about 3DXP as cache memory for HDD but fully autonomic SSD). Memristors are the future... or not if we remember BetaCam VS VHS war. :D

DeViL303 likes this.
  17. 1,060
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

Oh, alright! ^^

Oh... NOR- and NAND-(memory)-chips, still are both of the same kind of 'flash'-technology (a.k.a EEPROM, which is rewritable 'in a flash' via writing to single blocks/pages or Bytes instead of rewriting the whole device) albeit with an other architecture for the overall logic. ('Grundlagen Technische Informatik' [course], NOR, NAND, OR, XNOR, XOR, 'Buffer', etc. These HW-Logic-implementations are crucial to understand, why the memory-chip-producers strife for 3D NAND on their newer chips!).

There is an old-school-invention which keeps it 'flash', but exchanges the substrate on a 'gate' to something which needs a 10th of voltage to write to it (a memory cell), compared to normal flash cells... That's ~13-15 years old already...

There are technologies, that get away with the gate-technology altogether in favor of other ways + there is a new 'unified Memory' design (concept), which only needs power, when it is written to or read from, it is faster than RAM and can theoretically keep the stored information for a longer time, than our universe is supposedly old (and they are also shock-, magnetic-, water-, x-ray-proof)!

The Unifyed Memory is derived from Quantum-Technology Btw.! That's probably gonna be the best replacement for RAM, ROM and various memory-technologies (in the future). Imagine a PC/Phone you technically never really have to reboot or turn off! You know E-ink-readers? Basically that's the memory-equivalent of that! :)

But... That's all a bit off topic... ;)

Edit: Oh... 400GB-Micro-SD-Cards dropped to 53€ yesterday and are at 50€ since today (see Amazon)!
    The prices are falling sooo fast... Incredible!
    But we should all be walking around with 256GB-Cards since 2016 actually, lol... Damn Gatekeepers... :D

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  18. 2,242
    Berion

Berion Developer

I never heard of that. And it is hard to search about it due to very popular words connection. :/ But anyway, 3DXP is already on the market, "UM" not. Across all those years I heard about plenty of revolutionary technologies which never left the labs.

Prices for NAND QLC/TLC/V-NAND indeed but slower and more reliable aren't.

19. 1,060
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

I am not sure if it was 'Unified Memory' or 'Universal Memory'...

Hm... I'll add a link, once I find it. ;)

True... A lot never left the labs or got popular, mainly due to licensing or price...

I don't quite get the last sentence... ^^

20. 2,242
    Berion

Berion Developer

I have in mind that only TLC, QLC and V-NAND type of NANDs based storages are cheaper and cheaper. SLC and MLC have still high prices (and they are slowly disappearing from the market).