PS3 $20 Reward for fixing my super frustrating problem, read the description inside.

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by mrmike, May 17, 2020.

1. 3
    mrmike

mrmike Forum Noob

I'm on Ferrox 4.86

One day, during regular game play on Call of Duty Black Ops 2, the game would not let me run and throw grenades/flashes. So I think, OK, no problem. I turn off the PS3, turn it back on, and same problem. I put in Black Ops 1, same problem. I put in Black ops 3, it'll let me run and throw grenades but it wont let me throw flashes. The controller is not the issue since both of the controllers I have were in perfect working order. Switching back and forth between controllers result in the same problems for the same games. I go in to safe mode. I reformat the PS3 hard drive. I put in the Black Ops disk offline. I go in to local play. Still can't run or use my grenades and flashes. Hitting the reset button on the controller does not work.

If you google, "can't run or throw grenades ps3", the first 2 results sound similar to my issue but they have been resolved.

I am completely stumped.

Willing to pay for a resolution to my issue, if you're an admin and want the funds put in to escrow under your own supervision and then releases, I don't mind. I'm willing to pay through cash app or venmo to whoever is able to offer a suggestion that resolves my issue first.

2. 32
    mitrovmc

mitrovmc Member

have u tried reinstalling fw? just a thought

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

3. 32
    mitrovmc

mitrovmc Member

or connecting the controller to another device(android,pc,another ps) and then reconnecting to urs ps

Sent from my motorola one using Tapatalk

4. 288
    blckbear_

blckbear_ Member

Electrical engineering student
    I'd try connecting the controller to a PC and use SCP Toolkit to check that the controller inputs work as intended. If they dont maybe the graphite pads that connect the membrane to the PCB need a clean and/or more pressure using EVA foam or something similar.

If the controllers work ok, then IDK, never used CFW.

5. 80
    YsonyY

YsonyY Member

Have you tried resetting the controller with a paper clip or something (theres a hole @ the back) then connect with usb cord & press ps button.

6. 1,860
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Senior Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    But the controller is working good with other games? i meant the buttons that throw grenades/flashes?

7. 80
    YsonyY

YsonyY Member

try typing a message & see if the buttons respond. If not maybe you need to switch out the buttons or a new controller.

8. 1,307
    Coro

Coro Moderator

ive seen were buttons go crazy on wireless but work normally with usb plugged in. this was the battery going out. a diffrent battery fixed the problem.

from reading google as you said it seems to be a bug in the game. maybe updating the game would help but if you were playing online (not local/lan mutliplayer) then you shold already be up to date.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  9. 1,504
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

I'm not in it for the money, but hopefully you get a resolution.
    First: See if the problem is identical regardless of controller (eliminates one controller being bad) (I would also test usb to ensure it's not wireless/bt related issues)
    Second: Make sure those buttons & combos work in another game (eliminates game itself)
    Third: Ensure you are running CEX, not DEX (not sure if ferrox has dex version)
    Fourth: delete gamedata (not savedata) and try again, may have to reinstall game, savedata should be fine and wouldn't cause issue (removes possibility of corrupt gamedata causing issue)
    Fifth: Install another cfw (eliminates cfw/apps/settings as possible issue)
    Sixth: Try same game on another ps3 and see if the same problem arises (eliminates your playstation as the issue)

You can shuffle them about as you see fit to try to eliminate a few things and narrow it down. You may have already done these steps. I wasn't aware that bo2 was even still working on ps3 tbh... but hopefully you get it sorted out.

blckbear_ likes this.
  10. 1,307
    Coro

Coro Moderator

you can use this to test your controller directly on ps3.

11. 1,860
    LuanTeles

LuanTeles Senior Member

Civil Engineer
    Home Page:
    Anyways does anyone knows where can i buy a original controller? i can't find it anywhere

12. 76
    raidriar

raidriar Forum Noob

Can be the fault of a non genuine DualShock 3 / sixaxis or deformed foam inside the controller you can fix with some layers of tape

13. 33
    chrisp099

chrisp099 Member

Have you tried using another hard drive? It could be some sort of key bind config error. Ive searched the error and it seems to be latency or hardware throttling related.

14. 2,976
    Berion

Berion Developer

https://www.reddit.com/r/ps3homebre...ward_for_fixing_my_super_frustrating_problem/

I already said You how to diagnose it on reddit. Did You goes through all 7 points?
    1. If this is fault of game, can be diagnose by running it on different PS3 or different physical copy.
    2. If this is fault of DS3, can be diagnosed by trying another games which using the same buttons for some player character actions, or connecting fully working another DS3 (if it is fully working You can diagnose on another PS3 or another game which using those buttons ;]).
    3. If this is fault of none-official joypad (PS3 don't like them, maybe there are also games which won't work properly with them), can be diagnose by connecting original DS3.
    4. If this is the fault of USB controller inside PS3, then can be diagnose in the same way as in no.2.
    5. If this is fault of game hacks in any form, You can diagnose it by disable them (all cellos plugins, all game custom plugins etc.).
    6. If this is fault of CFW (I don't see any connection), try another. Personally I strongly recommending latest Rebug Lite.
    7. If for some reason game doesn't works properly (in theory Your case) on DEX fw, switch to CEX and check the results. (You don't need fully CEX/DEX just changed LV2/VSH is sufficient)

15. 1,658
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

sounds like a USB cfg loader button binding didn't take and has left you with this problem. Were you modding the game in any way?

16. 272
    arcadekidflo

arcadekidflo Member

You don't have grenades in you ammo :))

17. 288
    blckbear_

blckbear_ Member

Electrical engineering student
    On ebay they were increasing in price, and locally I cant find them in good condition so I ended up buying replacement analog sticks, stick caps and shells to repair when needed.

18. 3
    mrmike

mrmike Forum Noob

I have tried reinstalling the cfw as well as the previous version, it did not work.

I have not tried connecting to a different device and then reconnecting, I'll look in to it and let you know how it goes, thanks.

Yes, I have tried resetting the controller, it didn't work.

The only mods being used were the eboot mods which included red boxes.

I have not tried another hard drive, but is there a potential link even if I'm running the game directly from the disc? Before I invest in a different hard drive, I'd just like to know if it's possible, thanks.

I have a genuine Sony controller as well as an authentic SCUF controller for PS3. The buttons that don't work in some games work fine in others.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2020
  19. 3
    mrmike

mrmike Forum Noob

Yes

20. 17
    stinger1011

stinger1011 Forum Noob

I had an issue with one controller I had, the r1 would flicker almost, like I had rapid fire installed but stock controller. Turned out to be bad connection to the graphite pads I cleaned and realigned and made sure adequate pressure and it solved the issue. Hope you get the poblem solved