2018 is over and it was a very interesting Year, not only for you as a Gamer, but also for PSX-Place. We saw many Releases across all platforms, like several Kernel- and Web Exploits for the PlayStation 4, the PlayStation Vita caught a strong year as well, especially back in December, but also the PS3 was still very popular with many updated Homebrew Releases for System Firmware 4.82 for instance. We also saw some newcomers like the PlayStation Classic, where everyone knows how bad Sony designed it and why we (the Homebrew-Community) has to fix it. But in case you missed something, this Article will give you an overview what happend so far in 2018 for the whole PlayStation-family. And to round things up, there is a small Poll you can find down below where you can vote for your favourite Console of last year. Every Vote is welcome.
But what will 2019 bring to you? It's still early to say but maybe Sony will satisfy the all Gamer who asks for a "PS5". But the PS4 is still a powerful machine don't you think? Maybe we will see a new Kernel Exploit for a higher System Firmware with the hope that it will lead into a proper Homebrew Community. But however the end result will be, we hope that you will stay faithful to our Community, so you won't miss any action in 2019. And speaking of that, we wish everyone a Happy New Year 2019 and may your dreams/wishes come true.
At the beginning of the Year 2018, all of us were probably still flashed from the newest Achievements made for the PS3 by allowing to install a Custom Firmware while sitting on Sony's newest System Firmware 4.82 on that time. In fact, it took even Sony several months to react with a System Update - namely with Firmware 4.83. But not only the PS3 got it's attention. While we were still highlighted with a PS4 Kernel Exploit for System Firmware 4.05, many Homebrew Software got released for both the PS4 and the PS Vita, including PS2 Classics making them playable on the PS4. And also worth mentioning, the latter saw also some early stages for a Emulator. So the Year 2018 already started very strong, don't you think?
- CCAPI (Control Console API) v2.80-r2: 4.82 CFW Support / New VSH Menu / ps3 TOOL Support ...
- PS2 Netemu Selector - Easy way to toggle PS2 Emulator (on PS3 CFW)
- Ps3Xploit Tools v2.0 - Improved Flash-Writers & Dumpers (Even easier to install CFW on 4.82 OFW)
- PSP Emu Selector - Use Decrypted MINIS2.EDAT with PSP Emulator on PS3
- PS VITA / PS TV
- [4.05] PS4HEN (by wilcard): "Hello World" Homebrew and Custom Themes also possible
- Ps2 Classic's Unlocked on PS4 4.05 (by flatz)
- PS2 Fake PKG Generator for PS4 (by cfwprophet)
- 4.05 webkit Playground (by eXtreme): Supports FTP & PS4HEN w/ Debug Settings
- (UPDATE v2) PS4HEN Update Blocker Payload by CelesteBlue & LightningMods
The Year 2018 is only one Month old and there was already a battle which Sony Console deserves it's most attention. And February was the month where the PS Vita decided this competition, not only by several new Homebrew Releases, but also by the release of both the HENkaku Ensō bootloader hack, as for the fact that System Firmware 3.67 (which was the newest on that Day) got fully hacked. But February was a month for portable Consoles in General and not only the PS Vita got it's attention. With whom it had to share it's success you ask? Yes, with the PSP by releasing an extraordinary and new Homebrew Game, even in 2018. But ok, both the PS3 and the PS4 got also it's attention, but it was more like, "What you should do when you have a newer PS3 Chassis" and "What you could do with your PS4 while in Rest Mode". Sadly, the latter didn't got so much attention as it would be deserved.
- PS VITA / PS TV
But the war isn't over yet. In fact, the PS4 won't let allow that the PS Vita will get your attention by it's own only. And to prove this, we jump to March where we saw a new Kernel Exploit released for the PS4 on System Firmware 4.55 right on the first day of this month. And that wasn't the only thing we saw in March. Quickly after the Kernel Exploit, we saw how Linux was installed on Firmware 4.55 by releasing a new Linux Loader. And it won't stop there since the well-known Homebrew Backup Manager "multiMAN" - which was very successful on the PS3 - got teased for a future PS4 Release. Actually, it happend so much in March only that you could write a whole News Coverage for that Month only. And the fact it showed that the PS Vita was a tough enemy. Even with the huge PS4 Achievements, including a new Emulator in progress, HENkaku Ensō got ported to System Firmware 3.65. And a third party wanted to get your attention, with many - many - many - many - many Homebrew Updates for the PS3 on Firmware 4.82 including a newest Version from PS3Xploit and a newer Version from the famous REBUG Custom Firmware. Do I have to say more?
- Ps3Xploit 3.0 (Preview)- New Features for SuperSlim & all non-cfw comp. Ps3 Models
- PSA - PS3Xploit v3 (Dangerous Version Leaked)
- Demo Downloader v1.0 (Preview - 4.82 OFW XMB Mod (for upcoming PS3Xploit v3) by DeViL303 & pink1)
- RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - February 2018 Progress Report
- PS3Xploit Tools v3.0 "HAN" released NoN CFW Compatible Slim & SuperSlim Models)
- PS3xploit Resigner v1.3.0 + How to Convert PSX / PS2 / PSP for PS3Xploit HAN (v3.0)
- Super Nintendo (SNES Station) Emulator for PS3Xploit HAN (via PS2 Emulation)
- PKG Linker v1.0: Scan & Serve PKGs to PS3 from PC (CFW & PS3Xploit HAN)
- Sega Genesis (P-GEN) now playable on PS3Xploit HAN (via PS2 Emulation - uLaunchELF)
- HAN Toolbox (v0.3) - A very functional XMB MOD for PS3Xploit HAN (by Devil303 / Pink1)
- REBUG Lite CFW updated to v4.82.2 (COBRA 7.55 w/ Homebrew Blocker)
- [Update v1.4.3 ] PS3 PKG Ripper v1.4.2 - Critical Bug Fixed (All user's are advise to update)
- SEN Enabler v6.0.7 - Important Bug Fix Release for 4.82 by Evilnat
- ManaGunZ v1.32 (by Zar) - Interface and Stability Improvements for the popular PS3 Homebrew
- PS3Xploit v3 HAN Cold Boot Installer [raf/ac3]
- PS3Xploit v3 HAN XMB Waves Installer [lines.qrc]
- Ps3Xploit HAN - Additional XMB Modding Tools (XML / RCO / Image Font Replacers)
- PS2 Classic GUI v2.1 (by Aldostools): Adds PS2 CONFIG Support
- OpenPs3FTP (v4.4 - Experimental R3): New Multi-Threading Support from jjolano
- PS VITA / PS TV
- Vita Media Center (WIP - v0.1) by Arkanite
- vitaXash3D - Run Half-Life on Vita (port of Xcash3d-FWGS Engine)
- TheFlow ports HENkaku Ensō for System Firmware 3.65!
- VitaQuakeII v1.5 - Hardware Acceleration now added by Rinnegatamante
- Henkaku / Enso 3.65 for 3.60 user's Released by TheFlow!
- vitaXash3D [Release 3] - Touch Support / Improved Performance / Included Mods
- CelesteBlue previews a decrypted Kernel Dump from FW 3.65!
- PSV VSH Menu plugin updated to v2.0 (by Joel16) : New Features & Bug fixes
- vitaQuakeIII (Quake 3 Arena / Team Arena ported to Vita) by Rinnegatamante
After so much new and updated Announcements, it was only logical that all parties have to calm down a little bit. So after the first quarter of the year was over, everyone decided for a ceasefire in April. But this doesn't mean that every party was lazy. Everyone was preparing it's next strike, while the PS3 was still the strongest party with several Updates for the PS3Xploit together with it's HAN Toolboxes and the REBUG REX Custom Firmware got updated for DEX users. The PS3 had also prepared his secret weapon with some work for getting a better Hardware Acceleration with the internal RSX Graphic's Chip through Linux, which will cover us for many months further. But both the PS Vita and the PS4 were also busy. First saw an updated Version for Adrenaline while the second showed it's first Homebrew Releases for System Firmware 4.55. And a fourth Party joined this battle, which was small, but still worth reading, especially since those were News Coverage's where you had to think twice about it to understand how this whole PlayStation-ecosystem works.
- PKG Linker 2.0 - Serve Packages to your PS3 (HAN/CFW)
- PS3Xploit v3 HAN SELF Replacer (by @esc0rtd3w)
- HAN Toolbox v0.4 Released - The Unofficial Companion for PS3Xploit HAN
- [XMB MOD] User Category Mod - Reboot and Instant Shutdown (PS3 HAN 4.81/4.82 OFW)
- RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - March 2018 Progress Report
- PS3Xploit v3 Debug Settings Installer + Debug/XMB Swappers
- ManaGunZ v1.33 - 4.82 DEX Support
- [UPDATE 4.82.2 Released) 4.82.1 REBUG REX CFW (w/ COBRA 7.55) + Homebrew Updated for 4.82 DEX
- HAN Toolbox v0.5 - New Release adds new Debug Setting Toggler, Theme Downloader & more
- Hardware Acceleration for RSX GPU in OtherOS++ (PS3 Linux)
- PS VITA / PS TV
- PS4PKGViewer updated to v1.2 by LMAN
- FreeBSD - 4.55 Kernel Exploit write-up published by SpecterDev
- Remember about Modchips? The PS4 might get (kind of) one!
- PS2 Classic GUI + PARAM SFO Editor (by TheDarkprogramer)
- PS4NES & PS4GearSystem (Ps4 4.55 Homebrew - PoC Emulators) by m0rph3us1987
- [GAME MOD ] Mortal Kombat XL - Mesh Swap Modpack 1 (Friday the 13th release)
- Minimum Firmware Versions for Games List (psdevwiki)
With all the Releases for the PS3 in the past months, the PS4 was again upset. And with being upset, it strikes back with ruling again a whole month as it's own. In May, we saw our latest Kernel Exploit for System Firmware 5.05. But not only a newer Exploit was showed. Running Linux on your PS4 was getting better and easier supported, after PS2 Classics were featured for the PS4, the same happend for PSP Games and a new Project was showcased with multiple Developers included in the background working hard to get your attention back to the newest Console in Sony's PlayStation family. And while other parties wasn't able to keep track, the PS4 saw even some sneak-peek's for a even newer Kernel Exploit. So the PS4 did it's Homework right.
- Psxitarch Linux released (by PSXITA TEAM) - Adds Support for 3D Graphics, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi & More
- PSP Emulation on PS4: Early Stages of Injecting Games / Homebrew on discovered PSP Emulator
- Kernel Exploit for FW 5.05 incoming + Tools for Homebrew Development
- Meet "The Mira Project" - a (kind-of) CFW for your PS4 by #TeamOrbis
- Mira Project v1.0 - Developer's Release from #TeamOrbis
- Kernel Exploit for FW 5.53 sneak-peek by @Mathieulh --- UPDATE: Latest FW 5.55 as well !!!
- PS4 5.05 Kernel Exploit released by @SpecterDev - including Homebrew Payloads !!!
- PS4 Linux Loader (by valentinbreiz) - Supporting 4.55, 5.01 & 5.05 Firmware
Nearly half of the Year 2018 is over and we saw already a lot of Releases across all Platforms. But sometimes, there are Months where there aren't so much happening. Maybe it was because of the warm temperatures outside or because everyone was preparing for his/her vacations. But nevertheless to say, we saw at least a few Releases for June. A new Jailbreak was teased for PS Vita's System Firmware 3.65 - 3.68 but the highlight was made from a Console which was already in it's 24th age. Yes, the first and oldest Family member, the PS1 got it's attention with a new Mod Patch for the Classic Game Title Resident Evil. It's funny to see that this month goes to the PS1. So much nostalgia. We call it, the Retro-June.
- PS VITA / PS TV
And as mentioned before, the Days are getting even warmer outside. And while you are enjoying your vacations, a new Jailbreak for the PS Vita has been released right on the first day in July. The PS4 saw a new Homebrew Release and webMAN MOD got's updated for the PS3. And while you are surfboarding on the beach, we are still surfing on our Retro-Trip. Last month the PS1 showed it's highlight but this month it was the turn from it's successor, the PS2. We saw a series of new updates for Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) and for the Open PS2 Loader (OPL). Yes you asked a good question back on that time. Does the Developers even take care about newer Consoles?
- PS VITA / PS TV
August was definitive one of our psychological Months. Instead of highlighting new Achievements across all Platforms, we asked ourselves many other untypical questions like, Why there is no Homebrew for the PS4 or how to control Scams and Frauds in the Scene(s). Some Platforms saw a few Releases like a useful Overclocking Plugin for the PS Vita. But we also saw our Family member growing from the PlayStation Developer Wiki with the creation of two new Dev Wikis, one for the PS1 and another one for the PS2. It seemed that with all the Retro-Content from the past two months, people wanted to get more Retro Stuff. No wonder why 2018 was also the Year for all those Retro Consoles like from Nintendo or from Sony, don't you think?
- PS VITA / PS TV
Sadly, September was also a slow and weak month. And it was the question if you should bother with the old PS3 or with the newer PS4. But both showed some Releases worth to mention. The PS3 saw a useful Tutorial to get more Free Space available on your internal Harddrive. But the PS4 saw some even more useful Utility similar to a Toolbox with background FTP support, a File Browser and many more. And getting PSP Games ready for your PS4 easier was released. But yes even we have to admit, it was a dry month.
The silly season was over and we are getting again more new and updated Releases across all platforms, Indeed in October, we saw many Releases from various Platforms. The usual suspects like the PS3 and the PS4 where on the road. PS Vita showed that it's not dead together with it's predecessor. And even the PS2 was worth mentioning again. We also saw some News Coverage regarding the Future of Gaming itself provided by Sony.
October was also the month where we celebrated our 4th Birthday from our Community here. But even with the higher amount of News Coverage again, October was the saddest month for all of us here throughout the whole year. All other News Coverage weren't so highlighted because we lost one of our great Community Members - UniqueUsername. He was a great inspiration to many members from this Community and we miss him.
- PS3 4.83 OFW Now Live - Beware changes impacting HAN users - stay tuned for more info
- [Update v6.1.0] SEN Enabler v6.0.9 - Includes 4.83 Spoof (Restoring PSN Access on 4.82 CFW)
- OpenBOR PLUS updated to v1.248 with new improvements by White Dragon
- 4.83 FERROX (w/ COBRA v7.55) CFW by Alexander
- Control Fan Utility [v4.83 Unofficial] -Control your PS3 Internal fan to help prevent overheating
- 4.83 OVERFLOW CFW - STANDARD CEX / NoBD & NoBT editions Released
- 4.83 OVERFLOW COBRA (v7.3 lite) CFW &- NoBD / NoBT versions Released
- ManaGunZ (v1.34) - Adds 4.83 CFW Support Added + Other new additions from Zar
It's getting cold outside. So better stay at home and create some Homebrew, many thought (as we did since this was our motto for this year). Unfortunately only a few Developers thought this but we still saw some great updates for both the PS3 and the PS4. The PS3 got an updated Version from CCAPI, while the PS4 saw a new Update from OrbisMAN with a better File Manager now included. Not to forget, the PS4 saw also a Kernel Exploit in November. It was only useful for a hand of people since it was released for an older System Firmware and for those who lost the Blu-ray Movie Playback Compatibility when updating without a BD Drive connected, but it was still worth mentioning.
The PS Vita was also mentioned in November, but it was a little bit catchy this month. There was something to cover about the PS Vita, but it was so completely wrong, that the Creator of that News Coverage felt ashamed and didn't post any new Coverage for nearly two weeks. But even News writers makes some mistakes sometimes, which is normal since we are also only humans. She apologized for her mistake and she got her penalty from the other Team members but this Story is for another day, maybe.
- New PS4 Exploit details from fail0verflow Team in "PS4 Aux Hax" Series - v4 Belize via CEC
- PS4 4.74 Kernel Exploit released by @CelesteBlue - including "NoBD" Support !!!
- OrbisMAN - PS4 Homebrew updated to Version 2 [BETA] w/ new File Manager & More
- X-Project updated to v1.5.2 - New Improvements provided by KiiWii
- Remote pkg Installer (Updated by flatz)
Only one month left in 2018, but December was very special. There was also a lot of to Talk about but instead of mentioning some new Kernel Exploits, Jailbreaks or Custom Firmwares, we prepared many Threads for Hacks and Exploits, which can happen the year after that. December was characterized by new Homebrew Updates as usual like the HAN Toolbox for the PS3. Or when you remember about it's secret weapon, which saw over 9x Updates through November and December combined, which was already impressive. But we were all concentrated to four letters - or I should say three numbers and one letter. Yes, as a Grand Finale, we brought to you four very huge News Threads about the #35C3 Congress in Germany, so worth reading that it would be the best when we separate them in the following list to get an better overview, especially for newcomers. And so many things where shown at #35C3 that this Year was coming to an good end. But you should better read them for yourself.
- PS VITA / PS TV
- Why the PS4 needs a Current Firmware Exploit
- OpenGL ES implementation on the PS4 (Write-Up) provided by flatz
- Streets of Rage (Mod) released for PS4 by Markus95
- Exploiting PS4 Video Apps (to run unsign code) -- presentation coming (Dec. 28) by m0rph3us1987
- News from #35C3 - @m0rph3us1987 presents his Talk about "Exploiting PS4 Video Apps"
- PS4 PKG Linker (A PC -GUI for flatz' Remote pkg installer) by pink1
- [UPDATE x3 - 1st Core Running] RetroArch making progress on the PS4?
What was your favourite moment of the Year? Feel free to share your thoughts in the Comments-Section.
2018 - Year in Review: "Kernel Exploits, New Cryptographic Failures and a (tiny) new Console" [Poll]
By Roxanne on Jan 1, 2019 at 10:06 AM
[UPDATE 4] PS3 Toolset by bguerville: A powerful collection of tools fueled by new PS3 exploitUpdate (4) Now supporting 4.86 Fully & Issue fixed with NAND console's in rare situations
You may recall a recent article revealing a few exclusive screenshots of bguerville's latest project, now the time has come to introduce the next evolution in PS3 Jailbreaking solutions. The PlayStation 3 Toolset by @bguerville is a new suite of tools, built upon a new PS3 exploitation framework & fueled by a new exploit discovered on the PS3 by the developer. The new exploit (and the toolset project as a whole) is compatible with all PS3 models running 4.82 - 4.85 OFW/HFW/CFW
While ps3xploit team member's @habib continued research and development of PS3HEN for nonCFW models with assistance from @esc0rtd3w, @bguerville meanwhile was working on his own research and developing other tools and exploits as you will see with this new PlayStation 3 Toolset, which thorough testing was conducted by @esc0rtd3w (whom we recently interviewed). All the team of talented devs have done some amazing work in the scene in recent years with all the PS3Xploit projects and that trend continues with this release.
The PS3 toolset is a project that @bguerville has been working on for some time,
the developer gave us a brief timeline of events since the Ps3Xploit Tools 2.0 framework (flash writer and dumper(s)) that led to this new release (see the timeline section).Continue reading
[UPDATE-4.86] PS3HEN v3.0.1 - View latest changes to the PS3 Exploit for SuperSlims & nonCFW models4.86.1 HFW post by @Joonie
UPDATE (04-02-2020): Version 3.0.1 has been released.
See below for additional Details!
See also: The Great PS3 HEN All in One (AIO) Guide
Here is v3 of the latest PS3 Hack to hit the PS3 Scene with the recent release of PS3HEN. This exploit for nonCFW console's provides homebrew support and a number of Custom Firmware intangibles for those console that can not install a traditional CFW, with those being lat production PS3 Slim models and all of the SuperSlim Consoles. While this is a tremendous release and breakthrough the information behind PS3HEN has been lacking and has served more questions then answers that could be provided. This is due in the way this was delivered and presented. We paused the reporting this on the frontpage until we were pleased with the documentation. So we took it upon ourselves to get the ball rolling on a new PS3HEN F.A.Q. detailing various aspects and info that will be useful for PS3HEN user's. Also we have started forming the PS3HEN Homebrew & Plugin Compatibility Chart
Version 3.x.x has come with a number of new additions for a better experience. Some of the new changes provide full PS3ISO Support ,As well as full BDISO and DVDISO support has been added, plus new improvements to PS3HEN's stabiliContinue reading
4.86.1 REBUG LITE EDITION + REBUG TOOLBOX 2.03.04 MULTI RELEASEDIt has been a busy week and especially for the PS3, First we had introduction of bguerville PS3 Toolset (which introduce a new ps3 Exploit along with some powerful tools). Then we had 4.86 Official Firmware dropped (no exploits patched) Then developer @Joonie of Team Rebug was quick to release an updated HybridFirmWare (for PS3HEN user's when an update to PS3HEN arrives for those nonCFW models) and now the developer follows that with the release of 4.86.1 REBUG LITE Edition, supplying us with one of the best firmware as the first option for 4.86 Custom Firmware Choices. This CFW comes equipped Cobra 8.2 payload, this payload provides various features some of those highlights include background running plugins, burnt optical media support as well as ISO Support are a few of the many Cobra features included in v8.2. The release details found below detail the various features & patches found in this CFW release. Also it's worth checking out at the download location (link below) the additional info and ":how to" information pertaining to use of REBUG LITE's CFW functionality. Note: that currently as of writing this some homebrew still needs to catch up fully for 4.86 support to on par with 4.85 and previous FW's . So it's not advised to rush in quite yet, if some bugs discourage you,. Until then, keep a watch HERE as those updates roll through, since there was no kernel changes to the 4.86 update most homebrew should still be functional on 4.86 with no update but some could have minor/moderate issues.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
Boots to "APPS". Art can be 320x480 (exactly 1/2 screen). Theme for CoverArt lovers -UniqueUserName