2018 - Year in Review: "Kernel Exploits, New Cryptographic Failures and a (tiny) new Console" [Poll]

Discussion in 'THE FEED (Submit/View News)' started by Roxanne, Jan 1, 2019.

By Roxanne on Jan 1, 2019 at 10:06 AM
  1. 206
    Roxanne

Roxanne Moderator

Home Page:
    2018 is over and it was a very interesting Year, not only for you as a Gamer, but also for PSX-Place. We saw many Releases across all platforms, like several Kernel- and Web Exploits for the PlayStation 4, the PlayStation Vita caught a strong year as well, especially back in December, but also the PS3 was still very popular with many updated Homebrew Releases for System Firmware 4.82 for instance. We also saw some newcomers like the PlayStation Classic, where everyone knows how bad Sony designed it and why we (the Homebrew-Community) has to fix it. But in case you missed something, this Article will give you an overview what happend so far in 2018 for the whole PlayStation-family. And to round things up, there is a small Poll you can find down below where you can vote for your favourite Console of last year. Every Vote is welcome.

But what will 2019 bring to you? It's still early to say but maybe Sony will satisfy the all Gamer who asks for a "PS5". But the PS4 is still a powerful machine don't you think? Maybe we will see a new Kernel Exploit for a higher System Firmware with the hope that it will lead into a proper Homebrew Community. But however the end result will be, we hope that you will stay faithful to our Community, so you won't miss any action in 2019. And speaking of that, we wish everyone a Happy New Year 2019 and may your dreams/wishes come true.​

Happy New Year.png

What was your favourite moment of the Year? Feel free to share your thoughts in the Comments-Section.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    rocknard, Ripp3RkoS, T.A.U and 11 others like this.
?

Which was your favourite PlayStation-console in 2018?

Poll closed Jan 8, 2019.
  1. PlayStation 4 (PS4)

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. PlayStation Vita (PS Vita [including the PlayStation TV (PS TV)])

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  3. PlayStation 3 (PS3)

28 vote(s)
    65.1%
  4. PlayStation Portable (PSP)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. PlayStation 2 (PS2)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. PlayStation 1 (PS1)

1 vote(s)
    2.3%
  7. PlayStation Classic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other (please specify in the Comments-Section)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'THE FEED (Submit/View News)' started by Roxanne, Jan 1, 2019.

1. sandungas
      sandungas
      I voted PS3 for my favourite console of 2018 (as you imagined, im always talking about it heeheh) but i been enjoying while reading the talks on this forum related with PS2 homebrew projects, they has been inspiring in many ways :)
    2. moua3d
      moua3d
      I thank everybody psx-place* and PSXPLOIT TEAM *and Dev *

I hope to find a solution PS3XPLOIT HAN4.83
      Zazenora, STLcardsWS and ayassinsayed like this.
    3. DEX357
      DEX357
      I too thank everybody from psx-place great place great people, best devs and moders, i hope rebug 4.83 lit will by release witch some new things :)
      Zazenora, Ali888 and STLcardsWS like this.
    4. HellCoreMoDz
      HellCoreMoDz
      I hope in 2019 Y'ALL SUBS TO PEWDIEPIE AND SUB A MEME TO REDDIT
    5. Exploitation
      Exploitation
      I HOPE THAT PS3XPLOIT TOOLS WILL RELEASE IN 2019
    6. Zazenora
      Zazenora
      7 months ago I found this wonderful community, and I've decided to call it my online home.
      The PS3 exploit HAN is what originally led me here, and I've discovered countless new interests from there.
      The community that makes up this scene stands out among the many other places one can end up when looking into modding their PlayStation consoles, and it's easily one of the most mature and respectable places that anyone can come to for help. If you stick around long enough, the people you meet around here start to feel like a big family.
      To the staff, moderators, developers, and members that make up this unique community from all walks of life, just know that the efforts you put into your work doesn't go without appreciation.
      You've found the perfect recipe to sustain this great community and I'm looking forward to see what 2019 may bring!
      Yousaf, sandungas and lord3490 like this.
    7. Exploitation
      Exploitation
      yes you r right!!!!!!!!!
      Yousaf likes this.
    8. irkyu
      irkyu
      Just the RA on PS2 project is awesome on its own, not to mention the other cool developments last year (and Roxanne, you look cute from your pic xx)

Let's hope the best for 2019, honestly a lot of modding scenes are toxic but the PlayStation one seems really civil