3.67 in 2019

Discussion in 'General PS VITA Discussion' started by Dashing21, Aug 18, 2019.

1. 17
    Dashing21

Dashing21 Member

Hello! I have a ps vita running 3.67 and the latest update is 3.71. I want to jailbreak it (install vita shell). What is the best method ?
    1. Should i manually update to 3.70 and then install trinity ? If yes then please paste the link of an updated guide (the guide on how to manually update)

2. Should I install h encore using one of the guides available on internet ? I tried one but it keeps asking me to update and i can't continue the process.

Every help is appreciated.

2. 11,535
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

try this. I've never tried h-encore, trinity, or modoru. however, this is a good guide for anything related to henkaku: https://vita.hacks.guide/

3. 17
    Dashing21

Dashing21 Member

For some reason, I can't block updates using that DNS server. Is there any other way ?

4. 11,535
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

you can update directly to a firmware using qcma. @atreyu187 , has a tutorial on it in the tutorials section. I've done it before when I was back on 3.18 and henkaku was released.

5. 5,664
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Don't even update man!! Your on a hackable firmware. Just install h-encore and you can be done. It needs to be activated Everytime you do a power cycle. It even works after being awaken from sleep mode.

Then once you are feeling more comfortable with the system you can use Mobdoru to install HENkaku/Enso to have a permanent hack even after reboot. But even with h-encore it takes about five seconds to reactivate the hack.

So most stay on that due to ease and no worrying about risking a brick. Once you have that installed use NoNPDRM to play encrypted games which is better then VPK for Mai dumps as you can update freely. And use content straight from PSN without the need to decrypt data.

And finally install reF00D plugin it allows you to play games on any firmware despite what firmware you are on. TBH I would just stay on 3.67 till you get used to it.

Berion likes this.
  6. 2,098
    Berion

Berion Developer

Just for clarification: Modoru is not for "install HENkaku/Enso" but for downgrade firmware on which Enso and "normal" HENkaku works (3.60 or 3.65).
    ;p

And indeed, the best approach for You is H-encore as first step.

DeViL303 likes this.