PS3 4.70 OFW Hack (including SuperSlim PS3) - New method for injecting backups

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Nov 6, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Nov 6, 2016 at 3:51 PM
  1. 8,991
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

So ,here is some news for PlayStation 3 OFW owners, as Russian hackers have released a new method of injecting backups on PS3 4.70 Official Firmware, similar to the hack and information from Kakaroto that lead to injections of various PS3 and PSP backups and tools such as trueAncestor backup Injector (which is used in this method). This new method seems to require a update for the game or it will not work according to limited reports. Also the hack does not require a IDPS which becomes even more useful for OFW user's as there is currently not many ways to obtain an IDPS via software. IDPStealer was one method used by PS3 user's during the first backup injection hack, but Sony patched the tool created by flatz and now this new method has a conversion that is said to not need any hardware or idps. The process can be found in this included Tutorial.

PS3 SuperSlim.jpg

• Requirements for Converting your Games on PS3 4.70 OFW (Downloads @ bottom of article):
      • The Game (Disc Version) and the Patches..
      • Converter: GAME_CONVERT.zip
      • Injector: TrueAncestor - The BACKUP Injector
      • Hex Editor: HxD - The Hex Editor is Freeware
      • make_npdata: (Complied version inside GAME_CONVERT)
      • PkgView: (Latest version 1.3 is needed)

• PART: #1 - Convert PS3 Game / Modify License
      1. Open archive GAME_CONVERT.zip any archive and extract packed inside GAME_CONVERT folder at any convenient place, preferably close to the root of the drive (NOT the folder path should be long and contain Cyrillic characters and other signs such as @ & () "/ [\ ]:;! | =,)
      2. If you have downloaded the game in an ISO you need to unpack it or mount a virtual drive. Of all the files we need only PS3_GAME folder, copy it to GAME_CONVERT. This also unpack the archive GAME_CONVERT.zip, containing script-BAT and utility make_npdata.
        As a result, you should get this: GAME_CONVERT.png
      3. We go in and check out there PS3_GAME presence LICDIR folder. If not, then read the following second part.
      4. Run CONVERT.BAT, continue to enter the name of our future in the game folder NPEBXXXXX format (where XXXXX any five-digit number), click the interval, waiting ... After the completion of the script, next to the other files will be almost finished with the game folder.
      5. It's time to unpack the patch (s). If the patch is not one, then you need to unpack them all and merge into a single folder, from smallest to largest, while agreeing with the replacement.
      6. Copy EBOOT.BIN file from the patch to the folder USRDIR our converted games. Editing, if needed, PARAM.SFO. (Change the version of the game, and the firmware on the exact same as in PARAM.SFO patch)
      7. Finished the game folder and the folder with the patch throws in "TrueAncestor BACKUP Injector \ game" and create a backup for instructions, please read third part below. Something like this should look ready patch folder and games. igra.jpg

• PART #2 : (Create/Modify License)
      Only needed, if one was NOT included in your 'backup'!

Creating PS3_GAME \ LICDIR \ LIC.DAT
      1. In PS3_GAME create LICDIR folder.
      2. Open in LIC.DAT hex-editor on any game, scroll down to 0x800 position until we find the game code (scroll carefully, that would not miss). LIC.DAT.png
      3. Once found, we replace it with the code of our game, taken from PARAM.SFO. LIC.DAT_NEW.png
      4. Vanishes 4 bytes old checksum in the 0x20 position (which indicates the 4th arrow), then select from the beginning exactly 0h900 bytes (number of allocated code is displayed in the bottom of the hex-editor - "Length: 900"), calculate a new CRC-32 as shown by the arrows and write a new check sum in the position 0x20:
        LIC.DAT CRC-32.png
      5. Save and copy ready LIC.DAT in PS3_GAME \ LICDIR.

P.S. --> You can generate LIC.DAT code of PARAM.SFO games via the PS3 LIC.DAT Generator.​

• PART #3: Repack ISO to PKG and Inject Backup to PS3

PS3 OFW RePack (ISO2PKG)
      1. Insert the flash drive in the PS3 or an external HDD, formatted in FAT32.
      2. Go to "System Settings> Backup Utility" and create a backup copy.
      3. To unpack (* .pkg) use PkgView v1.3 PS3 PKGView v1.3.png
      4. To add a game to use the backup TrueAncestor BACKUP Injector v1.70
      5. Drag a folder with numbers "PS3 \ EXPORT \ BACKUP \ 000000000000" in "TrueAncestor_BACKUP_Injector_v1.70 \ backup" folder
      6. Folders with the unpacked game move to folder "TrueAncestor_BACKUP_Injector_v1.70 \ game"
        • [NPXX00000] - The game itself
        • [BLXX00000] - Patch
        • DLC (if present)
      7. Run injector.exe and Recompiling BACKUP with the game (carry out points "1", "3", "S") TrueAncestor BACKUP Injector2.png
      8. Restoring a backup to the PS3

• Thanks to @jjkkyu for explaination.

Downloads: Required Tools (AIO) Pack

Source(s): pspx.ru (Russian Site) / maxconsole.com

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Nov 6, 2016.

1. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Thanks to @cots for the alert
    2. nCadeRegal
      nCadeRegal
      Cool read, just wonder how many users actually stayed on 4.70 from baxk when all this was a thing.
    3. Berion
      Berion
      If this is true and if this works on current fw, Sony first time in history will change "backup keys" and all users with dead PS3 and who want stay on OFW will be f*...

I understand that some peoples need piracy like plant need water... but seriously, where are the ethical borders?
    4. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Well method had some legimate uses not all about piracy. PSP backups for example. Only way for a OFW system to play PSP backups. Or saving your laser on yourdisc games.

Most of my disc based system fall victim of faulty drive sooner or later.. Expect my ps3 that has seen a majority of its use from the HDD..
    5. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Are there any reports of these games still working once updated to the latest firmware?
    6. cots
      cots
      I've tried and failed at this method. I'm using OFW 4.76. Anyone have any luck yet?
    7. nCadeRegal
      nCadeRegal
      Only works on 4.70, hence why it is not working for you. it hinted in the article that it may be possible to port to newer firmwares.
    8. Matrix
      Matrix
      Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
      Bagus Permana Gamez likes this.
    9. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      The previous methods required IDPS, this method does not.
      Bagus Permana Gamez and Matrix like this.
    10. fierocket
      fierocket
      Please video tutorial
    11. aldostools
      aldostools
      I think what Matrix means is that True Ancestor Backup Injector has been around since March 4, 2015, and it doesn't need IDPS since "Verision 1.0".

If I understood the tutorial correctly, the steps basically are:
      1- Convert a retail (disc) PS3 game to NP (the game updates make the game start from HDD)
      2- Create a PKG for the converted game, another for DLC, updates, etc.
      3- Make a backup on PS3, inject the PKGs to the backup with TA, restore on PS3, profit!

If these steps are correct, then psone classics, ps2 classics and minis/psp remasters signed as free probably will work too using the injector on OFW 4.70.

Anyway it's a nice tutorial... even if it's an old method ;)
    12. catalinnc
      catalinnc
      there is no need for that...
      _
      aldostools likes this.
    13. aldostools
      aldostools
      Ok, I understand that for updates are not necessary.

PART #3 in the tutorial is titled "Repack ISO to PKG and Inject Backup to PS3". So I guess the PKG for the game is necessary.

For DLC is necessary, unless you already have the licences or download the PKGs with patched DLC from the sites that you know ;)

Or am I missing something? Honestly I never have used this method since I use CFW and I don't need to inject games into backups :)

EDIT:
      Ah I think I got it!... The game, DLC and patches are injected *unpacked* directly to /dev_hdd0/game, so the PKG must be unpacked (not created). What caused my confusion was the title "Repack ISO to PKG" in PART #3.
      Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
      Bagus Permana Gamez likes this.
    14. dquestagod
      dquestagod
      it seems possible to gain jailbreak thru method and the install package folder. This also seems like a back door in or a way to rewrite the system to your liking guys you are almost there I have a strong filling.Keep up the good work and thanks for your contributions.
    15. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Yea i was always aware of T/A backup injector, also being a CFW user i never messed with the method at all just read and followed a bit when it was first going down. So did not know that IDPS was not needed (or at least remember as i am sure i seen it back then). Should of looked into that a bit more,

I t
      aldostools likes this.
    16. jjkkyu
      jjkkyu
      The Russians turn the dark world to be brilliant.:D
      aldostools likes this.
    17. Bejita
      Bejita
      I Get Error 80029530 When i start the games after restoring

Looks like a error from eboot.bin, and i use original eboot.bin, because i don't know how to patch this eboot for support injection.

In part 3 i can't understand about this :

Folders with the unpacked game move to folder "TrueAncestor_BACKUP_Injector_v1.70 \ game"
      • [NPXX00000] - The game itself
      • [BLXX00000] - Patch
      • DLC (if present)
      I Don't Understand [BLXX00000] - Patch, where i can get this ?
      Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    18. yayes
      yayes
      update patch for that game-id
    19. happydance
      happydance
      just wondering why is it limited to 4.70? is it because psxport method don't work on 4.7X+ or the conversion of the retail to np don't work on 4.7X+

I think atreyu187 meant, that the game is installed on 4.70 and works then got updated to like 4.81

what about games update that requires a higher firmware than 4.70?