As mentioned several days ago in my "The PlayStation 3.5" write up, I wrote a bit about why NoBD Custom Firmware is a great (only) solution for the consumer of a PlayStation 3 Console that has a malfunction (broken) BD Drive and/or BD Logic Board. You would think that with those broken items you could still execute your digital content, as its just an optical feature that is broken. Well, this simply is not the case, basically you are left with the XMB only Console, so in other words a fancy screensaver, Netflix is not going to launch or any other digital service. Well, no worries you have many PSN Games you bought and installed on HDD. Well, to bad those won't launch either with these drive related issues. There must be a solution right?
NOBD CFW is the only solution to bypass these BD checks that is preventing you from using the hardware that is still working and intact. These firmware have all the functionality of the non-NOBD versions, but without the use of a disc drive on the console.
The latest NOBD CFW comes to us from CFW developer Alexander as he releases a COBRA (v7.3) based NOBD firmware, view details of this latest 4.80 release from the Custom Firmware developer:
- 4.80 FERROX (COBRA v7.3) NoBD EDITION
- FEATURES & PATCHES
- COBRA Features
- Models Listed As Tested
- Installing the CFW (Alexander's Tips)
4.80 FERROX (COBRA v7.3) NOBD EDITION
Features & Patches within FERROX (COBRA v7.3) NoBD Edition;
- Built on the basis of 'OFW 4.80 SONY.
- PSN / SEN Enabled.
- Update from any possibility of CFW (CEX).
- Ability to Upgrade from OFW 3.55.
- Ability to Downgrade from any CFW with QA active Flags.
- QA Flags active if previously enabled.
- NEW FEATURE - Added COBRA PATCH 7.30!
- NEW FEATURE - New look of the XMB (See below).
- NEW FEATURE - Introduced 'CyberModding HomebrewStore' the web column.
- NEW FEATURE - Brand new Coldboot FERROX COBRA designated by MiZiO90!
- FEATURE - Compatibility PS2 games.
- FEATURE - Compatibility with the 'latest version of ReactPSN.
- FEATURE - RSOD Bypass Screen Console sufferers RSOD.
- FEATURE - 4.80 Key to start games signed with 4.80 keys.
- FEATURE - app_home / PS3_GAME.
- FEATURE - XMB Support In-Game Screenshots.
- FEATURE - Support Remote Play.
- FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager, replaces the classic Install Package Files.
- PATCH - LV1: Patched to remove the LV2 protection.
- PATCH - LV1: Patched the CoreOS Hash Check to prevent Brick Console Downgradate non-Dehashed.
- PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
- PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
- PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message to Boot.
- PATCH - Disabled Cinavia protection.
- PATCH - NOBD: Enables Console with broken BD Logic Board/Drive, not to restart Homebrew and games !!
As you know, the CFW COBRA are the most desired by all. This is because many have additional functions compared to a standard CFW.
- Great ease of use, related to many factors, also to the fact that it does not need the MAMBA, Application creates inconvenience for the connection to the PSN.
- Loading Plugin to Boot automatically, through boot_plugins.txt File to 'internal dev_hdd0.
- Support for ISO PS3
- Support for ISO PS2
- Support for ISO PSX
- Support for ISO PSP
- Support for ISO DVD
- Support for ISO BluRay
- Support for ISO Splittate on Fat32 Devices
- Support for NTFS formatted devices (dear External Hard Disk)
- NetISO support (Ps3netsrv) PS3-BD-DVD-PSX ISO / CUE / BIN
INSTALLING THE CFW;
- Download the CFW at the bottom. Rename the File .pup exactly: PS3UPDAT.PUP and confrontatene the 'MD5 with what you find at the bottom! You can use the Tool md5sums.
- Take a USB FAT32 formatted, and create a new folder called PS3, inside this create another 'other still called UPDATE, and inside latter' inseriteci the PS3UPDAT.PUP File, which would be the custom firmware.
- Insert the USB in the far right of the PS3 port.
- Be sure to: Remove any disc from the player Ps3, Remove any games loaded with any Manager, Disable Internet Connection.
- Ok. You can choose to install the CFW from the XMB or from Recovery.
- From XMB will just go into 'Settings' column, then 'System Upgrade' and choose 'With storage media'. Select the CFW and will start the process.
- To enter Recovery Instead, turn off the console. Turn it back on by holding down the Power button until the console is turned off again. Now turn it back on by holding down the Power button until you hear two beeps very close. Then release the Power button! Recovery time from the menu, select 'System Update' and follow the instructions.
- For a clean installation, you can install 2 times the CFW. You can also go back into Recovery and click Options for Rebuilding the Data
Download: NoBD Edition -- > 4.80 FERROX COBRA (v7.3)
PS3 4.80 FERROX (COBRA v7.3) NoBD EDITION
By STLcardsWS on May 9, 2016 at 6:58 PM
[UPDATE] RetroArch v1.8.4: PS Vita & PSP Ports "massively increased core collection"The RetroArch project keeps evolving and has been updated to v1.8.3 (UPDATE: Now on v1.8.4 [16th January 2020] - see Changelog for more Information) as a number of new improvements come to both the PS Vita & PSP ports. Developer's and libretro contributors from all over have been elevating the emulation project. In particular @frangar and @fjtrujy are coupe of the devs who have been porting new cores to the PSP. Now MAME 2000, freeIntv, TGB Dual and Handy are some new libretro cores running in the PSP port. Then the PS Vita port has seen performance improvements for MAME 2000, 2003 and 2003_plus. Additional details below and also on the official blog post linked below.
vitaQuakeIII v0.9 Released - Data Files Downloader Added + "Urban Terror" support addedRinnegatamante has released version 0.9 of VitaQuakeIII for your homebrew enabled PS Vita for when your on the go or your PlayStation TV / Vita TV when your gaming away on the big screen. Either way this is an enjoyable homebrew port. In this version marked as 0.9 the developer has added an Automatic Data FIle Downloader when data files are not present. This makes the release much easier to install and setup and a nice edition to the vita homebre. There has been alot of attention to performance as well in this update the addition of dynamic libraries support for OpenArena core has provided a significant boost. Also, this update provides some experimental support for Urban Terror. This add-on is multiplayer, but as the vita port developer explains in the release notes provided below there will be some issue as outlined due to this was a release designed for the PC and the Rinnegatamante had to do quite a bit of work to get it running on the Vita:Continue reading
webMAN MOD v1.47.26 updated by AldostoolsA smal update has arrived to the popular PS3 plugin that comes packed with tons of functionality. webMAN MOD has been updated from developer @aldostools with the release of version 1.47.26. This is not a huge update but the dev has pushed a fixed to a "gamepad combo" issue that was reported by wmm user gosseux,The problem seemed to occur if combo "select+up/down" was disabled it also was disabling "Select+O" button combo. This since has been fixed with this new update, also there was a requested feature added. That feature (syscall command via web) should not be used unless you know you are doing as there could be some issue occur if used incorrectly. So its a use at your own risk feature . More about that feature can be seen in the changelog provided below.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: