PS3 4.80 REBUG CFW (COBRA v7.3 - REX / D-REX) 2016-09-24

REX is a hybrid of CEX & DEX firmwares, this firmware can be simple or REBUG Toolbox can add feature

1. 8,151
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

2. 19
    Paulkuria

Paulkuria Forum Noob

my ps3 ofw is 3.41 .if i install rebug D-rex latest at the recovery menu..Am i now ready to play backups on that console???

3. 1,646
    Berion

Berion Developer

You cannot install D-Rex on retail console. For them is Rex. D-Rex is for debug models or converted to debug (but I'm not sure if it's safe on 4.21+ as Sony added new checks to console type as I heard).

So, if You install 4.80.1 Rex on Your OFW 3.41, then yes, You will be ready. ;)

4. 19
    Paulkuria

Paulkuria Forum Noob

Thanks berion..So the best thing is to use Rex on 3.55 or below??
    Am knew here

5. 293
    0_obeWAN

0_obeWAN Developer

To install D-REX
    You need first to install REX 4.80.1

To switch CEX to DEX use IDPSet from Zar
    1/ Make your CEX/DEX dumps
    2/ Make EID0 root key dump
    3/ simply use convert to DEX option
    Well done

Now you're able to install D-REX on your console
    Back to CEX is OK if needed later

Make a backup of yours dumps on PC !!! important

6. 1,646
    Berion

Berion Developer

If Your PS3 is retail model with CEX (Sony retail signature) OFW (official >> original firmware), and in version 3.55 or any below. Then yes, use Rebug 4.80.1 Rex (because it's for CEX models).

If Your PS3 is debug kit model with DEX (Sony debug kit signature) OFW (official >> original firmware), and in version 3.55 or any below. Then use Rebug 4.80.1 D-Rex (because it's for DEX models).

If You want convert Your CEX model to Semi-DEX (it's not and never be a full DEX) then for sure it's safe any DEX fw up to 4.21. Above this version I don't know because I'm back to CEX and never in future interesting in this. For common user, there is no benefications from DEX fw so better will be if You stay on CEX.

BTW: After You jump to Rebug, remember to making copy of all per user IDs/keys/settings and image of internal flash. Just for safety of Your data in future.

7. 293
    0_obeWAN

0_obeWAN Developer

Paulkuria
    Hello..Thank you for your commet in my post.. Am new in this hacking.. Can you please tell me if i just install rex on the console with ofw 3.55 or below am ready to play backups?

Yes it is just after configuration !!!
    Install toolbox present in "Install package file" and start from XMB
    Activate (in second coumn) Debug mod, Cobra mod, webMAN startup AND REBOOT your console

Now you're OK :)

Note : DO NOT CONNECT PSN LIKE THAT YOU'LL BE BANNED SHORTLY !!! Ask how about to connect PSN for safe...​

DeViL303 likes this.
  8. 19
    Paulkuria

Paulkuria Forum Noob

I got you now..Thanks..
    what of games now..do i need to install multman to my console or there is an easy way to copy them from cds to usb?

9. 293
    0_obeWAN

0_obeWAN Developer

multiMAN is great to copy disc on hard drive Just after easy way to mount and run games is webMAN
    Take time to know what is webMAN and how to configure it easily from your web brownser PC
    Exemple : very important to configure your fans speed and much more. complete explain on site

DeViL303 likes this.
  10. 19
    Paulkuria

Paulkuria Forum Noob

Please not that Here in kenya we only need to play backups thats all..I have seen webman its a way of browsing games from the web of which i dont see usefull to us here..Direct me on how to rip games from disc to Ps3 internal hdd

11. 19
    Paulkuria

Paulkuria Forum Noob

I have understood cleary about the webman..Is it the one in the rebug cfw latest?

12. 293
    0_obeWAN

0_obeWAN Developer

Not latest, you will find here named webMAN MOD 1.45.00 + documentations from @aldostools
    For sure webMAN is essential to manage your console, especialy for temperature in Kenya is you want be quiet vith your console

About disc
    First of all NEVER UPDATE YOUR Custom Firmware WITH DISC INSERTED IN => result Jailbreak lost for ever :( Back to OFW definitly

To copy disc, insert it, install multiMAN start and go in game category see your disc on, make Triangle, choose option to copy (I don't remember exaclly, mine is French) Copy start and just wait it's done.

DeViL303 likes this.
  13. 7,837
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

WebMAN-MOD can use the web but that is only one of many features. It offers access to the PS3 via the network (with http & ftp) however using the network is not mandatory.

WebMAN-MOD is mainly used locally.
    It offers game mounting from XMB, dynamic fan control, file managing, some system control covers management, xmb screenshots, pkg handling, file download & dozens of other features.
    Basically it does nearly everything multiman can do but it also offers many features that multiman doesn't have....
    It gets updated frequently & aldostools offers regular user support.
    IMO webMAN-MOD is one of the best managers out there. You should definitely try it.

Disc dumping.
    Personally, my favourite tool for PS3 to dump from disc is Irisman 3.50.10. (get it from the resources section in the PS3 category or at store.brewology.com).
    You can dump the folder & files of course but you can also make an iso file to use with Cobra enabled. It's recommended to use iso instead of JB folders.

There are other tools on the PS3 to dump discs like multiman, gamesonic... It's up to you to choose the one you prefer I suppose.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  14. 19
    Paulkuria

Paulkuria Forum Noob

Arcoding to what you just explained to me...i prefer webman