Alexander released his 4.81 CFW FERROX Standard Edition (v1.1). Standard CFW mean there is no cobra payload integrated into CFW, but MAMBA can be used instead if needed. Changes are done only on visual side, so if you are on v1.00 and you are happy, there is no need for update. New features comparing to version 1.00 is Package Manager instead of Install Package Files, and integrated Graphic Mod Installer.
Official Support @ Cybermodding.it
4.81 FERROX - Standard Edition (CEX)
- Added PKG Graphics Mod Installer of the custom firmware. To install, go to the Package Manager - Install Package Files - Internal Package Folder
- Added Package Manager instead of the classic Install Package Files.
- Built on the basis of 'OFW 4.81 SONY.
- PSN / SEN Enabled.
- Update from any possibility of CFW (CEX).
- Ability to Upgrade from OFW 3.55.
- Ability to Downgrade from any CFW with QA active Flags.
- QA Flags active if previously enabled.
- FEATURE - New look of the XMB (See below).
- FEATURE - Introduced 'CyberModding HomebrewStore' the web column.
- FEATURE - Compatibility PS2 games.
- FEATURE - Compatibility with the 'latest version of ReactPSN.
- FEATURE - RSOD Bypass Screen Console sufferers RSOD.
- FEATURE - 4.81 Key to start games signed with 4.81 keys.
- FEATURE - app_home / PS3_GAME.
- FEATURE - XMB Support In-Game Screenshots.
- FEATURE - Support Remote Play.
- FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager, replaces the classic Install Package Files.
- PATCH - LV1: Patched to remove the LV2 protection.
- PATCH - LV1: Patched the CoreOS Hash Check to prevent Brick Console Downgradate non-Dehashed.
- PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
- PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
- PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message to Boot.
- PATCH - Disabled Cinavia protection.
INSTALLING THE CFW (From Alexander)
- Download the CFW at the bottom. Rename the File .pup exactly: PS3UPDAT.PUP and confrontatene the 'MD5 with what you find at the bottom! You can use the Tool md5sums.
- Take a USB FAT32 formatted, and create a new folder called PS3, inside this create another 'other still called UPDATE, and inside latter' inseriteci the PS3UPDAT.PUP File, which would be the custom firmware.
- Insert the USB in the far right of the PS3 port.
- Be sure to: Remove any disc from the player Ps3, Remove any games loaded with any Manager, Disable Internet Connection.
- Ok. You can choose to install the CFW from the XMB or from Recovery.
- On the XMB will just go into 'Settings' column, then 'System Upgrade' and choose 'With storage media'. Select the CFW and will start the process.
- To enter Recovery Instead, turn off the console. Turn it back on by holding down the Power button until the console is turned off again. Now turn it back on by holding down the Power button until you hear two beeps very close. Then release the Power button! Recovery time from the menu, select 'System Update' and follow the instructions.
- For a clean installation, you can install 2 times the CFW. You can also go back into Recovery and click Options for Rebuilding the Database and Restore the System File. So you'll have a setup more than clean and safe.
TEST ON CONSOLE:
- CECH G04
- CECH 2104A
- CECH 2004B
- CECH 2504B
- CECH 2504A
DOWNLOAD FERROX Custom Firmware 4.81 Standard Edition (v1.1)
PS3 4.81 CFW FERROX Standard Edition v1.1 released
By kozarovv on Nov 29, 2016 at 8:50 AM
ReDream (DreamCast Emulator) Early Stages of porting to VITA & PSTV (RetroArch) from RinnegatamanteDeveloper Rinnegatamante whom we recently interviewed in the Power Supply Series and who has ported a Nintendo 64 emulator to the PS Vita / PS TV recently with the release of Deadalus x64. Has another emulation project that many will be excited for as this shapes up, especially after seeing the great progress of d x64's n64 emulation so far to this point. Now ReDream (A Sega Dreamcast Emulator) is being ported to the PS Vita as a libretro core running on RetroArch (Vita), so far its early progress, However, it looks like potential could be untapped from a developer who has some experience with the platform and emulation porting.. So far its rendering of graphics are in the early stages, so stay tuned for more progress reports from the developer..
Until then tell us in the comments below what is your favorite Dreamcast Game or memories from SEGA last hardware adventure.Continue reading
ManaGunZ v1.38 - 4.86 CFW (CEX) / HEN Support + Picture Viewer + several fixes from developer ZarFollowing the previous update of ManaGunz, homebrew developer and creator @Zar of the project has updated the popular ps3 homebrew to version 1.38, this update provides full 4.86 support (CFW CEX + HEN). Also in this update an added feature for viewing pictures (PictureViewer) in various formats that include DDS / GTF / BMP / WEBP / TIFF / GIM / TGA and other's as well. This update also provides several fixes; now in the file manager within ManaGunZ the scroll bar is now visible, also a fix to a language bug has been provided. See all the changes in this latest update in a popular AIO homebrew manager. multiMAN and IRISMAN are great choices as well for the PS3 but ManaGunZ is a popular choice as well. All 3 apps give a very diiferent approach and unique experience and also exclusive features.
Developer @Zar still have plans for the project and some features in development did not make the cut in this version but could seen possiably in a future update as the developer states with this release here in the psx-place forums that " The features I was working on, like dump BR, are disabled because I didn't finish yet.". So that is something that hopefully we see from this hobbyist developer when time allows. Until then checkout what the developer has brought us in v1.38 below in the included changelogContinue reading
Developer @TheoryWrong talks about "OrbisSWU" - An interesting approach for Downgrading your PS4 ???Remember back in the old days when instead of installing an Kernel/Web-Exploit like nowadays, you asked "how I can install an Custom Firmware (CFW)" or something like "how I can Downgrade my Console"? Of course, todays attempts aren't that bad since you get a similar functionality in terms of running Homebrew for instance, but not quite for 100% compared to the old days. Especially not when we talk about the possibilities of modifying a PlayStation 3 compared to the PlayStation 4 today. In fact, there was a time where everyone wanted to "Downgrade" his/her PS3 from an higher System Firmware (OFW) to bring the functionality of Homebrew back to their PS3. Or can you remember when your Blu-ray Drive wasn't working anymore due to its age or because of an failed Downgrade process so everytime when you wanted to install a newer, higher CFW, it failed with displaying an error message and you had to install those "noBD" CFWs? While the latter one was already achieved for older Firmwares below <4.75 in the past, it will be still interesting to achieve both a Downgrading possibility and a "noBD" support for higher Firmwares on a PS4 as well. The good thing is, well-known Developer @TheoryWrong asked the same question to himself. And it gets even better; he is ready to show his progress so far So lets have a look at it. Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: