PS3 4.83 CFW / Homebrew Apps / Plugins / Tools updated for 4.83

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 10, 2018.

1. 7,619
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

With the Official Firmware update of 4.83 now live and with many members just getting in on CFW in 4.82, this list we do on every firmware update will contain CFW created for 4.83 (once available), the Homebrew App / Plugin & Tools that need updates to support 4.83. NOTE not all things need to be updated to support firmware updates (homebrew games, emulators, ect typically do not need updates) and some things just need updates to fully support 4.83 like various plugins, manager's and various utilities.

This list will be updated as things are released, see something we missed. Let us know in the comments below
    PS3_4.83_CFW.jpg

• STANDARD CFW (CEX)

COBRA CFW (CEX)

REBUG REX (CEX/DEX custom hybrid)

• Currently no plans for a REBUG CFW Release fo 4.83, will keep you informed when changes. For a REX build it takes time anyhow as its needs an emergence of a DEX firmware update.

NoBD / noBT CFW's (
      for console with a broken BD Logic board (symptom = Unable to boot Games / Apps from the XMB (noBD CFW) , noBT cfw are for console with a damaged Bluetooth / wifi module. these firmwares should only be used when needed by your broken console !!!)

Dualboot FW
      (
      A firmware for CFW user's that is essentially OFW but allows you to install a CFW once again, the idea behind this type of firmware for CFW user's only is to play your disc games on PSN with little to no risk of a ban)
      CEX = Retail public firmware
      DEX = Debug (non-public firmware)

Additional information about "CFW Types" can seen in this link and look for "PS3 CFW" TAB and also view the CFW Feature Comparison in this link

• Homebrew App
      Plugins

NOTE: from developer @aldostools (link)

• Nothing to report currently,

• PSN Utility / 4.83 Spoof (Spoof your 4.82 CFW to look like 4.83 which allows for a PSN connection)
      PSN Utility
      • PSNpatch (Note: This is app is firmware independent, meaning it does not need an update to support 4.83 CFW, but also note that PSNpatch lacks spoofing abilities but contain many useful PSN features).

Important PSA about PSNinja

This is a Public Service Announcement (PSA) about a PS3 Homebrew application that's rendered obsolete (PSNinja) and only contains basic protections and does not contain the more effective ways like "disabling cfw syscalls" to help prevent a ban from using CFW. If you view a guide or tutorial that suggest you should use PSNinja please be advised that the information is incorrect / outdated and the author may also be misinformed and educated enough to give advice as its Common community knowledge that its now an Obsolete Utility, the better alternatives are PSNpatch / SEN Enabler and then also webMAN MOD as choices that will perform all the task PSNinja does and also disabling cfw syscalls (aka disable CFW until next boot cycle of the PS3)

Connecting to PSN on an exploited console does pose risk and there is no guarantee you can avoid a ban, but there has been methods proven to limit the risk, but connect to PSN at your own risk .

• Tools

View Previous CFW / Homebrew List on these firmware versions:
    4.82 - 4.81 - 4.80 - 4.78 - 4.75 - 4.70 - 4.66

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    Otto, Coldheart2236, T.A.U and 10 others like this.
  2. 7,619
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

SEN Enabler Added to list (App / Plugins / PSN utilities)

T.A.U, Vishera, Evilnat and 4 others like this.
  3. 3
    Alex_22

Alex_22 Forum Noob

esta disponibles para ps3 super slim que no se han actualizado?

Is it available for the super slim ps3 that have not been updated?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2018
  4. 7,619
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Currently this thread is for Custom FIrmware compatible Console's Only

5. 44
    SkillFeed

SkillFeed Forum Noob

Is it right if i spoof my fw to 4.83 with sen enabler and then use psninja+psnpatch to go online? I was using those two for a year and didn't got banned yet.

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

6. 7,434
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Yes, it should be fine. Except you don't need old & obsolete Psninja especially if you are already using psnpatch.
    Never use several tools to do the same job, using the Psninja adds absolutely no extra protection & is more likely to create issues than solve them.

bitsbubba, Otto, T.A.U and 2 others like this.
  7. 44
    SkillFeed

SkillFeed Forum Noob

Idk im not an expert, but i was using these two as a combination since a year now and no problems do far.

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

8. 7,619
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

You may of been safe, but you could also be adding an UNNEEDED risk, since no one knows for 100% certain what Sony looks for when banning (and if anyone could know, sony could change tactics) So using something that is NOT NEEDED and rendered obsolete is asking for something.

So the question comes do you want to use an App that gives you NOTHING and may cause you an issue or simply not use it since its very basic features (as psninja is the oldest app and early in the PS3 lifecycle and much more is known) are replicated in SEN Enabler / PSNpatch / webMAN MOD and those choices offers the protection that matters.....

Otto, T.A.U and ilye_s like this.
  9. 1
    dayon.2

dayon.2 Forum Noob

Can someone keep me alert when Han Xploits does an update to 4.83. I updated my console and now I cant play any PS2 games and that really pissed me off.All of that downloading just to get a non working game from an update. So please keep me posted.

10. 7,619
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Sure you will get special attention ... :)
    SSSHHHH don't tell anyone but if you goto
    psx-place.com
    you will be first to know.

11. 4
    Buymasher98

Buymasher98 Forum Noob

hello everyone is new, then I would like to explain my situation .... I with my ps3 slim I was to the software 4.82 with the jailbreak, last night I did not want to update my ps3 to the software 4.83 and now I was without the jailbreak .... I wanted to ask all of you how should I do now? I do not want to do the teensy because I do not know how to do it. Now what should I do? should I wait for the jailbreak for the 4.83 software?

12. 5
    justcam

justcam Forum Noob

i updated to 4.8.3 yesterday on accident i was never jailbroken in the first place but i was planning on do it a few days ago. I think i might of fucked up any chance of me jailbreaking. Is there a way if i downgrade it to 3.55 that I can somehow jailbreak it?

13. 7,434
    bguerville

You need to clarify for me.
    Is your slim console cfw compatible?
    Is the fw updated to 4.83 already?

14. 72
    Killer Bunny

Killer Bunny Forum Noob

Lol XD!!

15. 7,434
    bguerville

If you updated to 4.83, you cannot use the released ps3xploit tools anymore.
    You have only 2 options if you want to jailbreak.
    1. Use a hardware flasher like E3/Teensy to either apply the no-fsm patch when released (no need to downgrade with no-fsm method) or downgrade to 3.55 then install cfw.
    2. Wait for a ps3xploit tools update. No ETA, pls don't ask.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Otto, SpyroMancer and STLcardsWS like this.
  16. 72
    Killer Bunny

Killer Bunny Forum Noob

I just don't understand the reason people updated to 4.83 ofw. There were many warnings but people didn't bother reading them. Now face it. YOU WONT BE ABLE TO EXPLOIT YOUR 4.83 OFW PS3 UNTIL AN EXPLOIT FOR THAT FIRMWARE COMES. WAIT FOR AN EXPLOIT!!!!

Rocadoja and ISAK.M like this.
  17. 5
    justcam

justcam Forum Noob

When I downgrade It can i use the 4.8.2 debug dex?

18. 72
    Killer Bunny

Killer Bunny Forum Noob

Can you please tell me how you did it "accidentally"? It asks many times for confirmation. It asks you to agree to some things. How can it be "accidental"?????

ISAK.M and Otto like this.
  19. 19
    HANsoloJACK

HANsoloJACK Forum Noob

Using the phrase "an accident" is an attempt to avoid embarrassment. By requesting an explanation, your only emphasizing that embarrassment be revealed. Some people simply see "Update" and just update without thinking, then realize after the fact it was a mistake and seek a solution to undo that mistake, but are embarrassed they did not pay attention to what they did until too late, so an excuse is made to avoid explaining why.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    marsil602, ISAK.M and DeViL303 like this.
  20. 4
    LucasschouDK

LucasschouDK Forum Noob

Hi I know u guys don't know a time for the 4.83 but how long do u guys think like 1 week ect hope u guys see this:)