Following the 4.83 Official Firmware update for the PS3, not only did it close the PS3Xploit's for installing CFW on 4.82 and also the HAN Exploit, but it also means its time for a round of Custom Firmware updates for excising CFW user's. So if your first experience on CFW was on 4.82 on your on 4.82 CFW, then all you do is update to a 4.83 CFW of your choice and install the pup the same way you would an official update from a USB STORAGE DEVICE, but of course with the CFW PUP. This release of 4.83 FERROX COBRA CFW from developer @Alexander is a Cobra CFW, so it has all the features of a Standard CFW, plus contains the special Cobra payload which provides background running plugin support, PS3/PS2/PS1/PSP ISO Support some of the features this payload provides, (note standard CFW can install MAMBA and replicate many COBRA features) All details of this release can be found in the Translated notes found below from developer Alexander.
4.83 FERROX (w/ COBRA 7.55) CFW CFW Type Firmware Type MD5 Checksum CEX 117ac0f24aff848901533e5e0dfb0508
Changelog FERROX COBRA 4.83:
- Added ps2_netemu.self modified by @kozarov, with improvements to CONFIG files. I have not much deepened the thing as I do not use these files, but I will link the official thread: Click here !!
- Added a Wave as an option in the FERROX Mods Installer. This completes the customization of your PS3, and combines very well with the graphics created by @ MiZiO90 . For more info read the installer description below !!
- Built on the base of OFW 4.83 SONY.
- PSN / SEN Enabled.
- Ability to Update from any CFW (CEX).
- Possibility of Update from OFW 3.55 "And from original firmware 4.82 [PS3Xploit exploit - compatible consoles only]"
- Possibility of Downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags.
- QA Flags active if previously enabled.
- FEATURE - COBRA Patches 7.55 added
- FEATURE - New Look of the XMB (See FERROX Mod Installer below).
- FEATURE - PS2 Games compatibility.
- FEATURE - PSP Games compatibility in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
- FEATURE - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
- FEATURE - RSOD Screen Bypass for Consoles affected by RSOD.
- FEATURE - Keys 4.83 to start Games signed with keys 4.83
- FEATURE - App_home / PS3_GAME.
- FEATURE - XMB In-Game Screenshot - find the option in the Photos column of the XMB In-Game.
- FEATURE - Remote Play support.
- FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager replaces the classic Install Package Files.
- FEATURE - Addition of Temperature display in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
- PATCH - LV1: Patch to remove LV2 protection.
- PATCH - LV1: Patched the coreOS Hash Check to prevent the Brick on a non-Dehashed Downgraded Console.
- PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
- PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
- PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message at the Boot.
- PATCH - CINAVIA protection Disabled completely
Download (MEGA): ONLY FOR CURRENT CFW USERS -> 4.83 FERROX COBRA CFW
Source & EXTRA XMB Mods: cybermodding.it
Checkout additional 4.83 Releases >>> LINK
Should you upgrade your 4.82 CFW to 4.83 NOW or LATER??? >>> LINK
PS3 4.83 FERROX (w/ COBRA v7.55) CFW by Alexander
By STLcardsWS on Oct 16, 2018 at 7:42 PM
RetroArch (PS2 - v1.8.8) - Utilizing New PS2 SDK / Toolchain adds performance upgradesThere has been some great work being done in the PS2 community, First off i would like to give two PS2 developer a big shoutout and some recognition (I failed in doing so in my previous coverage back in April, thanks to @TnA for pointing that out ) with work done on the PS2 SDK / Toolchain as PS2 developer's @uyjulian and @Maximus32 have been working and progressing the toolchain and SDK for sometime as you can read about some of that progress and follow some of the development in this thread.
Developer @fjtrujy has also put in some great work to the project and has utilized and adopted the improved toolchain for the RetroArch PS2 port and can be seen with the release of RetroArch v1.8.8 and its been a good descion for the homebrew (multi-system emulator) as it has been getting significant performance increases, right now we only have one new core and its a classic from the 80's (theodore libretro core), but the existing cores have an incredible performance boost for instance the QuickNESContinue reading
The latest with RetroArch (PS4-Unofficial): PSP emulation in next update along with OOSDK conversionSince the release of unofficial version of RetroArch (PS4-R3) from developer @OsirisX and subsequently the source code release that came along with it, we surprisingly have not seen or heard much in regards to an official team adopting this release to make it official. We can however more then likely gather some clues and "connect some dots" from the OG port that started it all on the PS3 and has since been pulled in recent and replace with the still in development Psl1ght (Open Source) SDK port rather then the previous versions that used the official sony sdk. With the Open Orbis SDK (OoSDK) release recently for the PS4, this seems to be the approach for the PS4 to become official as well,
Recently developer OsirisX has stated that he wants to convert the project's to OoSDK before another release is made, but the developer has already made some progress and teases a bit of that progress in the video below showing a new core being supported in PPSSPP. When asked about potential PSP or PS2 Support the developer stated the plan is to include PSP support (via PPSSPP core) in the next release. The teaser video show's GTA Vice City Stories being quite playable (video shows FPS counter) so if this game looks this well, many others should play very well also. There is still alot of great development going on with this port by developer OsirisX. .Continue reading
Super Console Wars - v1.0 (by @Acekone1 & @Lapy05575948)We have a new Homebrew Game released for the PS4 (Also available on Windows / Android / Xone / Switch (update now on PS Vita)) from developer Lapy of Lapy Games, this time around the developer who has brought us other games like River Raid Remake & Duck Hunt /Wild Gunman Remake's (and many games other's (9) found in the Lapy's Game Collection has collaborated with Acekone1 in this release. Acekone1 came up with the original concept, while also designing many of the elements that reside in the game. Where as developer Lapy did the programming portion of the game Powered by the Unity Engine for this Homebrew Game creation.
Super Console Wars is the title, its gameplay can be seen in the included ScreenShots and Video attached, S.C.W.'s main characters are some familiar faces from the video game industry as head figures of Sony, Microsoft & Nintendo who embark's on a new journey in this title where you "Choose your side and fight against fans & haters!". This platform shooter put those characters in an adventure that spans 5 stages (sectors). With an included final boss, but along the way you will encounter 4 different types of enemies in this journey (more info on those enemies in the tab below). The game can be played in both English or Spanish languages. Also, the devs have snuck in some Easter Eggs to be foundContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: