PS3 4.83 FERROX (w/ COBRA v7.55) CFW by Alexander

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 16, 2018.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 16, 2018 at 7:42 PM
  1. 7,705
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Following the 4.83 Official Firmware update for the PS3, not only did it close the PS3Xploit's for installing CFW on 4.82 and also the HAN Exploit, but it also means its time for a round of Custom Firmware updates for excising CFW user's. So if your first experience on CFW was on 4.82 on your on 4.82 CFW, then all you do is update to a 4.83 CFW of your choice and install the pup the same way you would an official update from a USB STORAGE DEVICE, but of course with the CFW PUP. This release of 4.83 FERROX COBRA CFW from developer @Alexander is a Cobra CFW, so it has all the features of a Standard CFW, plus contains the special Cobra payload which provides background running plugin support, PS3/PS2/PS1/PSP ISO Support some of the features this payload provides, (note standard CFW can install MAMBA and replicate many COBRA features) All details of this release can be found in the Translated notes found below from developer Alexander. ​

ferrox2017.png

• 4.83 FERROX (w/ COBRA 7.55) CFW
      CFW TypeFirmware Type MD5 Checksum
      CEX
      117ac0f24aff848901533e5e0dfb0508

Changelog FERROX COBRA 4.83:

1. Added ps2_netemu.self modified by @kozarov, with improvements to CONFIG files. I have not much deepened the thing as I do not use these files, but I will link the official thread: Click here !!
      2. Added a Wave as an option in the FERROX Mods Installer. This completes the customization of your PS3, and combines very well with the graphics created by @ MiZiO90 . For more info read the installer description below !!

CFW CHARACTERISTICS:

• Built on the base of OFW 4.83 SONY.
      • PSN / SEN Enabled.
      • Ability to Update from any CFW (CEX).
      • Possibility of Update from OFW 3.55 "And from original firmware 4.82 [PS3Xploit exploit - compatible consoles only]"
      • Possibility of Downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags.
      • QA Flags active if previously enabled.
      • FEATURE - COBRA Patches 7.55 added
      • FEATURE - New Look of the XMB (See FERROX Mod Installer below).
      • FEATURE - PS2 Games compatibility.
      • FEATURE - PSP Games compatibility in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
      • FEATURE - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
      • FEATURE - RSOD Screen Bypass for Consoles affected by RSOD.
      • FEATURE - Keys 4.83 to start Games signed with keys 4.83
      • FEATURE - App_home / PS3_GAME.
      • FEATURE - XMB In-Game Screenshot - find the option in the Photos column of the XMB In-Game.
      • FEATURE - Remote Play support.
      • FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager replaces the classic Install Package Files.
      • FEATURE - Addition of Temperature display in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patch to remove LV2 protection.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patched the coreOS Hash Check to prevent the Brick on a non-Dehashed Downgraded Console.
      • PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
      • PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
      • PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message at the Boot.
      • PATCH - CINAVIA protection Disabled completely

Download (MEGA): ONLY FOR CURRENT CFW USERS -> 4.83 FERROX COBRA CFW
    md5: 117ac0f24aff848901533e5e0dfb0508

Source & EXTRA XMB Mods: cybermodding.it

Checkout additional 4.83 Releases >>> LINK
    Should you upgrade your 4.82 CFW to 4.83 NOW or LATER??? >>> LINK

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 16, 2018.

1. ilye_s
      ilye_s
      Hey just question can I enable the QA from rebug toolbox installed on a ferrox cfw thx Devs :)

Sent from my CAM-L21 using Tapatalk
    2. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      Not sure if Rebug Toolbox would work on Ferrox, even if it still appeared in the list of homebrew. You're better off enabling the QA flag while still on Rebug, or running the Habib QA Toggle if QA flag is disabled and you're already on Ferrox.
      ilye_s likes this.
    3. ilye_s
      ilye_s
      Thank you so much for your help @Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 likes this.
    4. TOPTuK
      TOPTuK
      Hi guys! I used to have 4.82 OFW firmware, successfully installed 4.82 Cobra CFW and enjoyed gaming on my PS3. But then accidentally updated to OFW 4.83.. I know, I messed up. Now, thank's to hard work we finally have 4.83 Cobra 7.55 CFW. BUT i have a problem, when I try to install 4.83 Cobra 7.55 CFW it copies 70% of update file and writes error message "Data is corrupted, (8002F957)". Any advice for my case?
    5. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      You need to use hardware flasher to be able to install any CFW again.
    6. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      You can only install CFW 4.83 from CFW 4.82; the exploit only works on 4.82 OFW and Sony patched it in 4.83. Unless another exploit emerges (don't hold your breath - there is no guarantee one will be found) your only option, as @kozarovv said, unfortunately is to use a hardware flasher (e.g. E3 or Teensy++). It's a real pain, I can imagine, but that's the penalty for accidentally updating.
    7. TOPTuK
      TOPTuK
      Maybe some day there will be an option to dump memory to install 4.83 CFW, like I did it with 4.82. :/
    8. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      Sorry to break the bad news, but yes you can always hope :) The PS3Xploit team are brilliant people; I'm sure if there's a way, they'll find it, but if or when that will be is not something that anybody knows at present.
      sandungas and emelin.2004 like this.
    9. Alexander
      Alexander
      you can enable it with both the rebug toolbox and the habib 4.x qaflag package. Then you just have to do the combo on the network settings.
      sandungas and ilye_s like this.
    10. ilye_s
      ilye_s
      Thanx @Alexander by the way I just installed your cfw cobra ferrox and it says that QA are already activated so no need to activate right ? And thank you for the good work

11. takla
      takla
      can i directly install this firmware from 4.82 rebug? thanks in advance
    12. pinky
      pinky
      if the button combo works, qa is enabled.

yes
      ilye_s likes this.
    13. takla
      takla
      thank you for your reply, last question can i still downgrade to 3.55 even i install this 4.83 custom fw?
    14. pinky
      pinky
      qa flagging.
    15. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      You can install a lower firmware version if you enable the QA flag in Rebug Toolbox or with the Habib QA Toggle standalone application. In fact it is good practice to do so as it also blocks the option to update system software via internet, which prevents accidentally updating to Sony OFW.
      sandungas likes this.
    16. Tony Martinez 98
      Tony Martinez 98
      Hello, nice CFW I installed it and works great, I have a question, I read some time ago that Cobra CFWs would incorporate a modified stage2.bin that would allow to run burned PS3 games, so, does Ferrox Cobra 4.83 includes this feature? Or do I need to installed it manually?, thanks in advance.
    17. acidcrash
      acidcrash
      Hello guys

I've upgraded my Slim Ps3 from CFW Rebug 4.82.2 and suddenly i can't have access to my system. When the ps3 boots it goes straight to recovery mode saying it run correctly, to press PS button to restart. Or gives the option to reinstall the system, everytime i try to reinstall the CFW it says "the data is corrupted" (8002F2C5) and can't install any CFW

What can be wrong with this S#/T!!!!

Even if i go into recovery mode, the error is still the same! Already tried to reset system, restore system restore, everything

Tried with 3 diferent USB memory, and both USB Ports, still no luck!
    18. insanetoker89
      insanetoker89
      You updated TO or FROM 4.82.2?
    19. insanetoker89
      insanetoker89
      If you installed FERROX 4.83 over REBUG 4.82 then supposedly it should work. But if it doesn't then I think ur out of luck. Try installing OFW 4.82 in the recovery menu and reinstall REBUG 4.82 and STAY on REBUG, don't upgrade to 4.83 just yet...lol
    20. sandungas
      sandungas
      Define "suddenly", what happened exactly the last time the firmware was working normally ?

Most probably your hdd filesystem commited suicide after a game crash, is not so rare, and is not related with the firmware