Following the 4.83 Official Firmware update for the PS3, not only did it close the PS3Xploit's for installing CFW on 4.82 and also the HAN Exploit, but it also means its time for a round of Custom Firmware updates for excising CFW user's. So if your first experience on CFW was on 4.82 on your on 4.82 CFW, then all you do is update to a 4.83 CFW of your choice and install the pup the same way you would an official update from a USB STORAGE DEVICE, but of course with the CFW PUP. This release of 4.83 FERROX COBRA CFW from developer @Alexander is a Cobra CFW, so it has all the features of a Standard CFW, plus contains the special Cobra payload which provides background running plugin support, PS3/PS2/PS1/PSP ISO Support some of the features this payload provides, (note standard CFW can install MAMBA and replicate many COBRA features) All details of this release can be found in the Translated notes found below from developer Alexander.
4.83 FERROX (w/ COBRA 7.55) CFW CFW Type Firmware Type MD5 Checksum CEX 117ac0f24aff848901533e5e0dfb0508
Changelog FERROX COBRA 4.83:
- Added ps2_netemu.self modified by @kozarov, with improvements to CONFIG files. I have not much deepened the thing as I do not use these files, but I will link the official thread: Click here !!
- Added a Wave as an option in the FERROX Mods Installer. This completes the customization of your PS3, and combines very well with the graphics created by @ MiZiO90 . For more info read the installer description below !!
- Built on the base of OFW 4.83 SONY.
- PSN / SEN Enabled.
- Ability to Update from any CFW (CEX).
- Possibility of Update from OFW 3.55 "And from original firmware 4.82 [PS3Xploit exploit - compatible consoles only]"
- Possibility of Downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags.
- QA Flags active if previously enabled.
- FEATURE - COBRA Patches 7.55 added
- FEATURE - New Look of the XMB (See FERROX Mod Installer below).
- FEATURE - PS2 Games compatibility.
- FEATURE - PSP Games compatibility in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
- FEATURE - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
- FEATURE - RSOD Screen Bypass for Consoles affected by RSOD.
- FEATURE - Keys 4.83 to start Games signed with keys 4.83
- FEATURE - App_home / PS3_GAME.
- FEATURE - XMB In-Game Screenshot - find the option in the Photos column of the XMB In-Game.
- FEATURE - Remote Play support.
- FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager replaces the classic Install Package Files.
- FEATURE - Addition of Temperature display in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
- PATCH - LV1: Patch to remove LV2 protection.
- PATCH - LV1: Patched the coreOS Hash Check to prevent the Brick on a non-Dehashed Downgraded Console.
- PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
- PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
- PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
- PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message at the Boot.
- PATCH - CINAVIA protection Disabled completely
Download (MEGA): ONLY FOR CURRENT CFW USERS -> 4.83 FERROX COBRA CFW
Source & EXTRA XMB Mods: cybermodding.it
Checkout additional 4.83 Releases >>> LINK
Should you upgrade your 4.82 CFW to 4.83 NOW or LATER??? >>> LINK
PS3 4.83 FERROX (w/ COBRA v7.55) CFW by Alexander
By STLcardsWS on Oct 16, 2018 at 7:42 PM
BGFTP v1.0 (by GrapheneCt): Background FTP server for transfering file to your VitaDeveloper GrapheneCt has released BGFTP, a new FTP server that works in the background. It does not matter if your in-game or sleep mode or hanging around the Live Area, The FTP transfers are always working while the developer says this will not impact any performance of the running task, but does add a warning that transfer can be slowed down since they are running on Reserved System Cores and will be knocked to low priority on those reserves, but nonetheless a great way to transfer files from your PC (or other devices servicing as a FTP server) to either your homebrew enabled PS Vita or the PlayStation TV (aka vita tv)..Continue reading
The Power Supply (Vol. 02) - Our Guest Today: "PS4 Developer @m0rph3us1987"With the very first introduction of our new Series of Developer Interviews - as known by "The Power Supply" - you were already allowed to dabble a little bit with Volume 01 of the series, where you got a deep look into the work from well-known Developer @deank he did for this scene. While he worked mainly for the PS3 Community, we thought it would be only fair to bring you a PS4 Developer with Volume 02 of this Interview Series today. This Developer maybe don't have the same long reputation as deank have since he began to tinker with the PS4 as his very first Sony Console. But this doesn't mean that he isn't worth to ask some questions. We covered his Achievements already in the past here in this Forum, especially when we provided you our yearly Overview about the CCC Events held in Germany. In fact, you should be familiar with him and his Lecture he held back at 35C3. So please give an warm welcome to m0rph3us1987, while in his Interview, we will talk about his Lecture he held, we will learn how he sees the current situation in "PS4 Development and Hacking" and we will get an deep insight how he began to learn writing some code in his young age. So allow us to introduce him further.Continue reading
RetroArch (PS4) R3 Released: New libretro Cores Added (Dramcaset / Jaguar / ScummVM /) + Source CodeFollowing the initial release of R1 and the followup of R2, developer @OsirisX has just released R3 for the PS4 Port of RetroArch with new core being added, various bug fixes to go along and also a release of the promised source code is included as well.. The new update provides ps4 support for Flycast (Sega Dreamcast), Bettle PSX, Virtual Jaguar, ScummVM, Stella-2014 (Atari 2600), Vectrex and SameBoy are the new cores included (emulation like dreamcast is experimental and many games have speed issues) in this release This update is based on RetroArch v1.8.4 and the Core Updater has been enabled, multi-controller Support has been added (up to 4 can be used), previous R1/R2 only one controller was supported. Also some cores that need have added support for keyboard and mouse controls. This port has evolve quite nicely and should be even better with now the source code release and likely will becomes part of the official release as this is still considered an "unofficial" port, but likely to become the official port.
Also the developer has created a Core Updater, which provides another method to update the cores. It help keeps the main pkg lite and you can also download indvidual cores via RetroArch itself as that bug of downloading cores has been fixed. See all the latest details below pertaining to the R3 release.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: