PS3 4.83 FERROX (w/ COBRA v7.55) CFW by Alexander

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 16, 2018.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 16, 2018 at 7:42 PM
  1. 7,695
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Following the 4.83 Official Firmware update for the PS3, not only did it close the PS3Xploit's for installing CFW on 4.82 and also the HAN Exploit, but it also means its time for a round of Custom Firmware updates for excising CFW user's. So if your first experience on CFW was on 4.82 on your on 4.82 CFW, then all you do is update to a 4.83 CFW of your choice and install the pup the same way you would an official update from a USB STORAGE DEVICE, but of course with the CFW PUP. This release of 4.83 FERROX COBRA CFW from developer @Alexander is a Cobra CFW, so it has all the features of a Standard CFW, plus contains the special Cobra payload which provides background running plugin support, PS3/PS2/PS1/PSP ISO Support some of the features this payload provides, (note standard CFW can install MAMBA and replicate many COBRA features) All details of this release can be found in the Translated notes found below from developer Alexander. ​

ferrox2017.png

• 4.83 FERROX (w/ COBRA 7.55) CFW
      CFW TypeFirmware Type MD5 Checksum
      CEX
      117ac0f24aff848901533e5e0dfb0508

Changelog FERROX COBRA 4.83:

1. Added ps2_netemu.self modified by @kozarov, with improvements to CONFIG files. I have not much deepened the thing as I do not use these files, but I will link the official thread: Click here !!
      2. Added a Wave as an option in the FERROX Mods Installer. This completes the customization of your PS3, and combines very well with the graphics created by @ MiZiO90 . For more info read the installer description below !!

CFW CHARACTERISTICS:

• Built on the base of OFW 4.83 SONY.
      • PSN / SEN Enabled.
      • Ability to Update from any CFW (CEX).
      • Possibility of Update from OFW 3.55 "And from original firmware 4.82 [PS3Xploit exploit - compatible consoles only]"
      • Possibility of Downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags.
      • QA Flags active if previously enabled.
      • FEATURE - COBRA Patches 7.55 added
      • FEATURE - New Look of the XMB (See FERROX Mod Installer below).
      • FEATURE - PS2 Games compatibility.
      • FEATURE - PSP Games compatibility in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
      • FEATURE - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
      • FEATURE - RSOD Screen Bypass for Consoles affected by RSOD.
      • FEATURE - Keys 4.83 to start Games signed with keys 4.83
      • FEATURE - App_home / PS3_GAME.
      • FEATURE - XMB In-Game Screenshot - find the option in the Photos column of the XMB In-Game.
      • FEATURE - Remote Play support.
      • FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager replaces the classic Install Package Files.
      • FEATURE - Addition of Temperature display in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patch to remove LV2 protection.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patched the coreOS Hash Check to prevent the Brick on a non-Dehashed Downgraded Console.
      • PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
      • PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
      • PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message at the Boot.
      • PATCH - CINAVIA protection Disabled completely

Download (MEGA): ONLY FOR CURRENT CFW USERS -> 4.83 FERROX COBRA CFW
    md5: 117ac0f24aff848901533e5e0dfb0508

Source & EXTRA XMB Mods: cybermodding.it

Checkout additional 4.83 Releases >>> LINK
    Should you upgrade your 4.82 CFW to 4.83 NOW or LATER??? >>> LINK

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 16, 2018.

1. acidcrash
      acidcrash
      From "suddenly" i mean the PS3 system was working fine, all games worked. Download Ferrox CFW 4.83, put it on a USB drive, connected to PS3, on XMD made the upgrade, then when the PS# rebooted, it throws the rror at me.
    2. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      @Alexander thanks for including ps2_netemu mod into firmware. I really appreciate it. :)
      Alexander and bitsbubba like this.
    3. sandungas
      sandungas
      One of the first steps when installing a firmware is an extraction of the PS3UPDAT.PUP contents to hdd
      In that step the firmware files (that are about being installed) could become corrupted, and the installation is not completed (for safety reasons)

This ONLY happens if the hdd filesystems had problems already (before starting the PS3UPDAT.PUP installation)
      And usually happens because the user selects "NO" everytime the PS3 shows that warning mesage about "the PS3 was turned off incorrectly, now is needed to check filesystem"
      If you choose "NO" to that filesystem check the errors in the filesystems cummulates until a point where the PS3 cant boot and forces you to format hdd

The problem is a bit more confusing if it happens when installing the firmware because you enter in a loop like what you are having

I guess you need to try with other USB flashdrives, and eventually you should try with other hdd (or take that hdd out of the PS3 and verify in PC that doesnt have any damage)
      bitsbubba likes this.
    4. pinky
      pinky
      I seem to recall update pup's having a sha-1 that's checked for corruption before installation.
      bitsbubba and ilye_s like this.
    5. acidcrash
      acidcrash
      Thanks for your reply. As for the file system check i never cancelled it. Also tried with 3 diferrent HDD and 4 USB. Will try again to insert the hdds on a phat PS3 that i have laying around to see if it works and do some more testing, if not i will take it to a ps3 repair shop to check it out.
    6. sandungas
      sandungas
      The PS3 is picky with the USB flashdrives, the gold rule is after you find one that is compatible with firmware installations in PS3, you should use that same flashdrive always
      Actually, if you are lucky to have one at home of an small size and compatible with the PS3 you should dedicate that flashdrive to the PS3 (or to the PS3 + other consoles you have)

Incase you never installed a firmware in PS3 before from USB or from USB in recovery mode... then you dont know if the flashdrives you are using are compatibles

----------
      Additionally, the problem could be your hdd... so you have 2 posible culprits... and is going to be a mess to find which one is causing the problems

Also, you should know rebug sometimes refuses to install, so try to install other cfw's

----------
      Is very unprobable that the installation of ferrox bricked your PS3, you are the only one reporting this problem
      And actually... your PS3 is not bricked because you can see the warning messages displayed on screen (this means the critical parts of the firmware are working normally)

So dont take your PS3 to repair, is not needed to pay for a repair, you can do it for free
    7. Garterbelt135
      Garterbelt135
      I've never installed any kind of CFW on any PS3 because I was always on the latest firmware. I just bought a PS3 after my last one broke almost 2 years ago. It was updated to 4.83. It's CECHA-P and the online charts says it's downgradeable to 2.45, but I don't know how and I don't want to f u c k it up.
      My main reason for this comment is to ask the question can I install this custom firmware fresh on to 4.83? Or is this only meant to be an upgrade for people who already have a CFW for 4.82?? Am I fucked? Do I just have to wait for an actual custom firmware for 4.83?
      Any info, knowledge, and help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
    8. Alexander
      Alexander
      For me it has always been a pleasure to be able to implement shared functions among us developers :)

@acidcrash you could simply extract your hdd from the PS3 and attach it to the PC. Check with CrystalDisk Info to check your health status. Eventually, if the hard disk is in good condition, you can format it in FAT32 (from the PC using Minitool Parition Wizard or the classic diskmgmt.msc) and reinstall the Ferrox 4.83.
      Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    9. Garterbelt135
      Garterbelt135
      @Alexander
      Could you take a look at my question above your responseresp help me out?
    10. Maximodss
      Maximodss
      hello I have a ps3 that does not work the BD reader .... can I install this CFW? will launch the applications?
    11. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      See this thread for Cobra NoBD 4.83 CFW, and this thread for standard NoBD 4.83 CFW.
    12. kylekurt19
      kylekurt19
      guys i am using 4.82 cfw.. is it safe to update directly from 4.82 cfw to 4.83 cfw or do i need to upgrade my firmware to 4.83 ofw first before updating to ferrox 4.83?
    13. pinky
      pinky
      upgrade from 4.82 cfw. it's safe. in fact, I went from d-rex, to rex (after encountering a bug with d-rex), to ferrox 4.83 to avoid spoofing and dex, with my intention of signing in to psn with as little risk as possible.
    14. kylekurt19
      kylekurt19
      thanks for the reply bro.. how about from 4.83ofw to ferrox 4.83 cfw? is it safe?
    15. pinky
      pinky
      you can't install 4.83cfw over 4.83ofw.
    16. gsampson35
      gsampson35
      Just installed this update now. Works perfect. Had a bit of a freezing issue with Webman Mod the first time I tried to load a game but all is working perfect now. One question I have is how does this CFW handle PS2 backwards compatibility. Does it auto select what is best for your system? I'm using a 60gb PS3.
    17. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      What is 60gb PS3?
    18. gsampson35
      gsampson35

CECHA01 Backwards compatible model.
    19. kylekurt19
      kylekurt19
      bro what if i updated to 4.83 ferrox from 4.82 ferrox.. is it safe to revert it back to 4.82 ferrox?
    20. pinky
      pinky
      qa flagging. do the button combo over network settings to find out if it's enabled.