PS3 4.83 FERROX (w/ COBRA v7.55) CFW by Alexander

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 16, 2018.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 16, 2018 at 7:42 PM
  1. 7,704
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Following the 4.83 Official Firmware update for the PS3, not only did it close the PS3Xploit's for installing CFW on 4.82 and also the HAN Exploit, but it also means its time for a round of Custom Firmware updates for excising CFW user's. So if your first experience on CFW was on 4.82 on your on 4.82 CFW, then all you do is update to a 4.83 CFW of your choice and install the pup the same way you would an official update from a USB STORAGE DEVICE, but of course with the CFW PUP. This release of 4.83 FERROX COBRA CFW from developer @Alexander is a Cobra CFW, so it has all the features of a Standard CFW, plus contains the special Cobra payload which provides background running plugin support, PS3/PS2/PS1/PSP ISO Support some of the features this payload provides, (note standard CFW can install MAMBA and replicate many COBRA features) All details of this release can be found in the Translated notes found below from developer Alexander. ​

ferrox2017.png

• 4.83 FERROX (w/ COBRA 7.55) CFW
      CFW TypeFirmware Type MD5 Checksum
      CEX
      117ac0f24aff848901533e5e0dfb0508

Changelog FERROX COBRA 4.83:

1. Added ps2_netemu.self modified by @kozarov, with improvements to CONFIG files. I have not much deepened the thing as I do not use these files, but I will link the official thread: Click here !!
      2. Added a Wave as an option in the FERROX Mods Installer. This completes the customization of your PS3, and combines very well with the graphics created by @ MiZiO90 . For more info read the installer description below !!

CFW CHARACTERISTICS:

• Built on the base of OFW 4.83 SONY.
      • PSN / SEN Enabled.
      • Ability to Update from any CFW (CEX).
      • Possibility of Update from OFW 3.55 "And from original firmware 4.82 [PS3Xploit exploit - compatible consoles only]"
      • Possibility of Downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags.
      • QA Flags active if previously enabled.
      • FEATURE - COBRA Patches 7.55 added
      • FEATURE - New Look of the XMB (See FERROX Mod Installer below).
      • FEATURE - PS2 Games compatibility.
      • FEATURE - PSP Games compatibility in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
      • FEATURE - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
      • FEATURE - RSOD Screen Bypass for Consoles affected by RSOD.
      • FEATURE - Keys 4.83 to start Games signed with keys 4.83
      • FEATURE - App_home / PS3_GAME.
      • FEATURE - XMB In-Game Screenshot - find the option in the Photos column of the XMB In-Game.
      • FEATURE - Remote Play support.
      • FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager replaces the classic Install Package Files.
      • FEATURE - Addition of Temperature display in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patch to remove LV2 protection.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patched the coreOS Hash Check to prevent the Brick on a non-Dehashed Downgraded Console.
      • PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
      • PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
      • PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message at the Boot.
      • PATCH - CINAVIA protection Disabled completely

Download (MEGA): ONLY FOR CURRENT CFW USERS -> 4.83 FERROX COBRA CFW
    md5: 117ac0f24aff848901533e5e0dfb0508

Source & EXTRA XMB Mods: cybermodding.it

Checkout additional 4.83 Releases >>> LINK
    Should you upgrade your 4.82 CFW to 4.83 NOW or LATER??? >>> LINK

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 16, 2018.

1. kylekurt19
      kylekurt19
      i have no idea about that bro.. i am just a noob user..but i really appreciate your help.. thank you bro and god bless
    2. Alexander
      Alexander
      it does not make much sense to go from ferrox 483 to 482, as the cobra 483 allows you to mount all backups with sman or mmcm (multiman cobra manager)
    3. Maximodss
      Maximodss
      Hello ! will they release the NOBD version? for consoles with the damaged reader .. I'm waiting for my old ps3 fat
    4. kylekurt19
      kylekurt19
      if i updated to 4.83 ferrox will my ofw still be 4.82?
    5. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      Using Ferrox or any other CFW would mean you would no longer be on OFW. The OFW you had installed prior to installing CFW is not retained. Only if you install OFW from CFW would you be back on OFW, but if you update to 4.83 OFW you would be unable to re-install CFW as Sony patched PS3Xploit in the 4.83 update.
    6. acidcrash
      acidcrash
      Well, no go with any of the things i've tried. I've even got a friend's ps3 system to test my hardware and both disk and USB worked fine. I took my hdd, placed on his system it asked to update the firmware to 4.82 or later, made the update for 4.82 OFW, and when i placed backup no my ps3 it was a no go, same error saying it need to be updated and when i place 4.83 CFW or any other it gives me and error. I will wait a few times to sse if an exploit comes out, if not i will probably take it to be reflashed with E3, it must solve the issue for sure

I was thinking to try to update the 4.83 OFW but if the exploit comes out i'll probably won't be able to install a CFW or downgrade to 4.82

Thanks guys
    7. AsyrnNoel
      AsyrnNoel
      Yo, I downloaded this when it was released for 4.83. I had no problems until I realized it couldn't detect my NTSF flash drive by pressing the option in the file explorer due to something missing. Tried fixing it my self, but still didn't work. Has this been fixed, or is it something that's not gonna happen? Or is it just something happening to me?
    8. bguerville
      bguerville
      Ntfs has never been a filesystem natively supported by any ps3 firmware, official or customised. On USB, only FAT32 MBR partitions are supported natively by the system software.
      Also what do you mean by "ntfs option in the file explorer". I assume you are talking about some homebrew as no firmware offers such an option.
      Only homebrew apps like Irisman, other backup managers & a handful of other homebrew apps can give you ntfs support so your issue with ntfs isn't related to this Ferrox release.

I suggest you create your own thread & detail the issue properly if you wish anybody to help you.
      Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    9. Byteman
      Byteman
      Hi!

There is an issue in this CFW connected with PS1 emulation. It seems that all games are running in 50hz PAL mode regardless of what they actually need.
      Is it possible to fix this bug?
    10. sandungas
      sandungas
      I think is related with how the "emulator settings" for the PS1 game backup are passed by cobra ---> to the emulator

The same problem happens in rebug (because ferrox and rebug uses the same cobra code), and any other firmware with cobra

The alternative (for some people as far i did read) is to use a backup manager that integrates "mamba"
      Mamba is a replacement of cobra, it shares lot of his functions, but it does some different things with PS1 games
      The only backup managers with mamba are iris, irisman and managunz (in that order of apparence in the scene)
      Coldheart2236 likes this.
    11. Byteman
      Byteman
      Hi!
      I've rolled back to Rebug Lite 4.82, without reinstalling webman and changing other settings, and everything works like a charm...
    12. AsyrnNoel
      AsyrnNoel
      Sorry, I didn't fully go into detail with the post I made. I'll hopefully make this one a bit better, and if I still can't get any help, I'll make a thread.

I was talking about the "File Manager/mmOS". While using it, it lets you browse through your files, and there's an option called "PFS Driver" that allows you to access NTSF flash drives in it. I used it to transfer PKG's onto my PS3 instead of FileZila because if I used FZ, I have to move my PS3 into a different room for this. It worked when I had Rebug for 4.82, but when I updated to Ferrox onto 4.83, the PFS driver option wouldn't work.
    13. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      Have you tried other homebrew file managers that support NTFS? ManaGunZ and IRISMAN both have NTFS drivers built in to them, so it might be worth trying either of those to see if you can access your NTFS drive/partition.
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    14. AsyrnNoel
      AsyrnNoel
      I've never heard of em. I'll give em a try. Thanks mate.
    15. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      No problem. My personal recommendation is ManaGunZ (link). You can download the standalone file manager or the full application which has the file manager built in. It's my personal favourite file manager for its simple but effective GUI - I strongly recommend it. :)
      AsyrnNoel likes this.
    16. Joker Brand
      Joker Brand
      there is some possibility that one is thrown for super slim OFW 4.83
      Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    17. Joker Brand
      Joker Brand
      Blessings to you all
    18. SiegHart93
      SiegHart93
      Hi ! who can help me with this problem? so many of my games region usa (BLUS) when i try to run these games on a old crt tv ntsc i got black and white screen (idk why if my ps3 is ntsc and my tv is ntsc) and when i try to play that games on my tv 32 1080p i unchecked 1080p,1080i, 720p and i leave 480p selected to see whats going on but when i try to run these games i got 576p 50hz idk why if my ps3 is ntsc and my tv's are all ntsc and obviously my games are BLUS ! please i need help
    19. evilmitaka
      evilmitaka
      "4.83 FERROX COBRA (v7.55) NOBD" please
    20. Coldheart2236
      Coldheart2236
      Super slim models cannot install CFW and will never be able to due to metldr2 on later PS3 models. If you're on 4.83 on a super slim, your only option is to wait and see if a new exploit is found on 4.83. There's no ETA on this, so it might be a long wait - if one even emerges at all.
      Joker Brand likes this.