Following the release of 4.83 FERROX COBRA, we have developer @Bobby_Downgrades who has dropped various editions of 4.83 Custom Firmware, first off is a suite of standard cex choices, If your console is running perfectly fine and has no damaged components the the regular standard cex will do just fine, but you have an issue where BD / Logic Board or the Bluetooth/WiFi chip then there is special version of the firmware to bypass those components and allow for your PS3 to be used agai (minus those components)
This Standard CEX features all the usual CFW Patches for operating Homebrew App and personal backups, plus a few extra options for this CFW that can be seen in the details below
- STANDARD CEX
- STANDARD CEX - NoBD Edition
- STANDARD CEX - NoBT Edition.
- Getting Started
- Notes & Credits
4.83 OVERFLOW - STANDARD CEX Edition CFW Type Developer MD5 Checksum STANDARD CEX UNKNOWN - DL is .RAR File
Features of this cfw...
- * Built from 4.83 ofw
- * LV0- All security checks disabled
- * LV0- AppLdr patched to disable sig checks on pkgs
- * LV1- Disabled lv2 protection
- * LV1- Disabled Hash Checks
- * LV1- Added Peek & Poke
- * Lv1- Added mmap-function 114
- * Lv1- ACL checks removed
- * LV2- Added Peek & Poke
- * LV2- Lv1 peek & poke support
- * Games with 4.83 keys and lower will start
- * RED SCREEN OF DEATH Bypass
- * Added app/home
- * Added option to xmb Install Packages with three paths (USB or HDD or DOWNLOAD to usb option)
- * Warning message disabled for faster boot time
- * Update from any cfw up to 4.83 and 3.55 ofw
- * Toggle qa all cfw inside cfw for convenience
- * QA flag compatable
- * Both dex and cex packages supported
- * React psn compatability
- * Visual updated
- * Cinavia protection disabled for disc and hdd
- * Some trophy sync errors removed/bypassed
- * Remote play supported on non Son# product
- * ingame screenshots supported
- * psp drm checks disabled
- * Removed annoying singstar icon
- * Full blu ray and dvd support
- * fselfs are native (debug/dex files like eboots run)
- * Added option to visit you tube channels and websites (pre selected some helpful ones like psx place, ngu and ps3hax)
- * Added download and install to what's new in psn column (updated packages will be sent to the ps3 when they are available, option in boxed tools to clear cache and check for updates will update download list) Massive thanks to PS3 Extra and devil_303
- * Added Restart System options to power options in xmb user column
IMPORTANT NOTE: CCAPi (console manager) uninstalls when you install new cfw so make sure you have your cid saved if ccapi is set to change your cid at boot. If you already have Webman setting your cid keep a copy before updating.
This type of CFW is for broken PS3 Console's that have a broken BD Logic Board and can not open apps , games or anything from the XMB. This CFW resurrects those otherwise broken PS3 Consoles.
4.83 OVERFLOW (standard cex) - NoBD Edition CFW Type Firmware Type MD5 Checksum NoBD Edition CEX UNKNOWN - DL is .RAR File
Features of this cfw...
- Contains all the features of 4.83 OVERFLOW STANDARD CEX (see first tab) & then also
- Can be installed onto a ps3 with no blu ray drive and let's you open apps and play games from hard drive
4.83 OVERFLOW (standard cex) - NoBT Edition CFW Type Firmware Type MD5 Checksum No Bluetooth Edition CEX UNKNOWN - DL is .RAR FileThis type of Custom Firmeare is for a damaged PS3 console with a broken Bluetooth//WiFi chip and allows for the installation.
Features of this cfw...
- Contains all the Features of 4.83 OVERFLOW STANDARD CEX (See first tab) & then also
- Can be installed onto a ps3 with broken Bluetooth/wifi chip (does not install bd/wifi fw at system update)
Make sure your usb is formatted to fat 32.
1. Create a folder on your usb called PS3. (in capitals)
2. Inside the PS3 folder make another folder called UPDATE. (in capitals)
3. Put the PS3UPDAT.PUP file inside the UPDATE folder.
4. Put your usb into your ps3 and go to the settings column, go to system update and update via storage media.
On Standard CEX CFW's
1. start ps3.
2. Use any homebrew apps your gonna use like multiman.
3. load game to xmb or put disc in.
4. Open psn patch and disable cfw system calls. (psn patch does the same job as ps ninja, deletes history at exit)
5. start game and/or sign in.
Don't hate cuz I've been on psn with cfw for 5 years and never been console banned, up to you how you want to do it. If you have problem loading a game from hard drive, open multiman, highlight the game and press triangle for options, select bd mirror and internal options then select permissions, then press x on the game to load it to xmb (must have a game disc in).
....GO TO ps3updat.com FOR NEWS AND SUPPORT....
Visit the overflow page for updated and new packages such as my xmb editor.
IMPORTANT NOTE: I only use facebook, ngu and portal centric, psx place and sometimes psn. I only ever go by the name Bobby Downgrades, if you come accross the name on a site other than those it's probably not me and if the name is not "Bobby Downgrades" IT'S NOT ME. If in doubt contact me on facebook or through ps3updat.com.
**************CREDITS AND THANKS****************
SHOUT OUTS IN NO ORDER...
- Graf Chokolo
- The rebug team
- The ita team
- Aldo vargas
- dark jiros
- Dean k
If I missed anyone out, no dissrespect meant.
PS3 4.83 OVERFLOW CFW - STANDARD CEX / NoBD & NoBT editions Released
By STLcardsWS on Oct 17, 2018 at 7:01 PM
The 36th Chaos Communication Congress (#36C3) - Everything you need to know!Year after year, many Hackers and Developers around the Globe come together for a "Meet&Greet" at the City of Leipzig, Germany, where they share and discuss their newest Achievements with Hacking and other Security Subjects leading the way. Since you are a trustfully reader of this Site, you shouldn't be suprised anymore that like for last year, we decided to give you the full coverage about this years Chaos Communication Congress again - stylized as "36C3 - RESOURCE EXHAUSTION" by it's host. Last years Congress (35C3) was already an impressive one, which showed us many new Achievements, especially for both the PlayStation 4 and the PlayStation Vita. Indeed, speaking about the PSVita, the stages at 35C3 led to various new Exploits and Homebrew Releases afterwards, which you are already familiar about and probably downloaded a thousand times. This years Congress will also show us the newest Achievements in the Console Scene and since your own demand was already so high for the last year, we had a reason more to keep you informed for the full coverage of this years 36C3. So, the only thing you need to do like you did last year is to keep this Article bookmarked, since we keep this Article updated after each new presentation. So you won't miss anything!Continue reading
Meet "PSVshell" - a very beautiful and useful Overclocking Plugin by ElectryThe PlayStation Vita was a "powerful" Handheld Console back when it was released by the end of 2011 - wow, already 8 years old btw . But claiming by Sony that it can bring you the same power and good Gaming Experience like a Home Console, soon many people found out that this isn't the case for all Games released. But luckily, thanks to the great Homebrew Community behind the PSVita, we already saw in the past many "Overclocking Plugins", which can bring you the full potential to your PSVita, even more powerful than Sony would allowed. But sometimes, even those weren't perfect . Either they slowed down your Games when in use, they crashed the whole System or it was just some simple things like that the whole Screen was "crowded" with the Details of each of your setting everytime when you needed to change them. But the cool thing is, this Homebrew Community hears your complaints. So Developer Electry worked on that and introduced his very own Overclocking Plugin - it's "yet another overclocking plugin" to quote him - by fixing all those problems mentioned before. And the coolest thing is, it looks pretty damn good and it's very useful as well, if you ask me!Continue reading
PS-Phwoar! (for 5.05): A new Exploit Host Menu (with PS4 Home inspired theme) by LeefulWe re-tweeted this when it was released a week or so ago but wanted to get something up on the news page about this project, Developer leeful has recently released a new Exploit Host menu for serving up the essential payloads for exploited PS4 (5.05) Consoles's. This host menu theme is based on the PS4's main home screen bringing a seamless look. The host menu contains descriptions of various payloads it provides (which is about all) that will provide alot of features when executed such as Fan Controls, Linux Loader, Mod Menu's, firmware spoof, Update blocks ect.. You can see many of the payloads included in the sceenshots attached. Various methods to using this exploit host menu are available , see additional details in the installation tab below about using this new host menu:.
The host menu also adds the convenience of replacing the User Manual (first option in Settings>>User Manual/Helpful info) for easy and quick launching for when you power on your Console and have to activate HEN.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: