Following the release of 4.83 FERROX COBRA, we have developer @Bobby_Downgrades who has dropped various editions of 4.83 Custom Firmware, first off is a suite of standard cex choices, If your console is running perfectly fine and has no damaged components the the regular standard cex will do just fine, but you have an issue where BD / Logic Board or the Bluetooth/WiFi chip then there is special version of the firmware to bypass those components and allow for your PS3 to be used agai (minus those components)
This Standard CEX features all the usual CFW Patches for operating Homebrew App and personal backups, plus a few extra options for this CFW that can be seen in the details below
- STANDARD CEX
- STANDARD CEX - NoBD Edition
- STANDARD CEX - NoBT Edition.
- Getting Started
- Notes & Credits
4.83 OVERFLOW - STANDARD CEX Edition CFW Type Developer MD5 Checksum STANDARD CEX UNKNOWN - DL is .RAR File
Features of this cfw...
- * Built from 4.83 ofw
- * LV0- All security checks disabled
- * LV0- AppLdr patched to disable sig checks on pkgs
- * LV1- Disabled lv2 protection
- * LV1- Disabled Hash Checks
- * LV1- Added Peek & Poke
- * Lv1- Added mmap-function 114
- * Lv1- ACL checks removed
- * LV2- Added Peek & Poke
- * LV2- Lv1 peek & poke support
- * Games with 4.83 keys and lower will start
- * RED SCREEN OF DEATH Bypass
- * Added app/home
- * Added option to xmb Install Packages with three paths (USB or HDD or DOWNLOAD to usb option)
- * Warning message disabled for faster boot time
- * Update from any cfw up to 4.83 and 3.55 ofw
- * Toggle qa all cfw inside cfw for convenience
- * QA flag compatable
- * Both dex and cex packages supported
- * React psn compatability
- * Visual updated
- * Cinavia protection disabled for disc and hdd
- * Some trophy sync errors removed/bypassed
- * Remote play supported on non Son# product
- * ingame screenshots supported
- * psp drm checks disabled
- * Removed annoying singstar icon
- * Full blu ray and dvd support
- * fselfs are native (debug/dex files like eboots run)
- * Added option to visit you tube channels and websites (pre selected some helpful ones like psx place, ngu and ps3hax)
- * Added download and install to what's new in psn column (updated packages will be sent to the ps3 when they are available, option in boxed tools to clear cache and check for updates will update download list) Massive thanks to PS3 Extra and devil_303
- * Added Restart System options to power options in xmb user column
IMPORTANT NOTE: CCAPi (console manager) uninstalls when you install new cfw so make sure you have your cid saved if ccapi is set to change your cid at boot. If you already have Webman setting your cid keep a copy before updating.
This type of CFW is for broken PS3 Console's that have a broken BD Logic Board and can not open apps , games or anything from the XMB. This CFW resurrects those otherwise broken PS3 Consoles.
4.83 OVERFLOW (standard cex) - NoBD Edition CFW Type Firmware Type MD5 Checksum NoBD Edition CEX UNKNOWN - DL is .RAR File
Features of this cfw...
- Contains all the features of 4.83 OVERFLOW STANDARD CEX (see first tab) & then also
- Can be installed onto a ps3 with no blu ray drive and let's you open apps and play games from hard drive
4.83 OVERFLOW (standard cex) - NoBT Edition CFW Type Firmware Type MD5 Checksum No Bluetooth Edition CEX UNKNOWN - DL is .RAR FileThis type of Custom Firmeare is for a damaged PS3 console with a broken Bluetooth//WiFi chip and allows for the installation.
Features of this cfw...
- Contains all the Features of 4.83 OVERFLOW STANDARD CEX (See first tab) & then also
- Can be installed onto a ps3 with broken Bluetooth/wifi chip (does not install bd/wifi fw at system update)
Make sure your usb is formatted to fat 32.
1. Create a folder on your usb called PS3. (in capitals)
2. Inside the PS3 folder make another folder called UPDATE. (in capitals)
3. Put the PS3UPDAT.PUP file inside the UPDATE folder.
4. Put your usb into your ps3 and go to the settings column, go to system update and update via storage media.
On Standard CEX CFW's
1. start ps3.
2. Use any homebrew apps your gonna use like multiman.
3. load game to xmb or put disc in.
4. Open psn patch and disable cfw system calls. (psn patch does the same job as ps ninja, deletes history at exit)
5. start game and/or sign in.
Don't hate cuz I've been on psn with cfw for 5 years and never been console banned, up to you how you want to do it. If you have problem loading a game from hard drive, open multiman, highlight the game and press triangle for options, select bd mirror and internal options then select permissions, then press x on the game to load it to xmb (must have a game disc in).
....GO TO ps3updat.com FOR NEWS AND SUPPORT....
Visit the overflow page for updated and new packages such as my xmb editor.
IMPORTANT NOTE: I only use facebook, ngu and portal centric, psx place and sometimes psn. I only ever go by the name Bobby Downgrades, if you come accross the name on a site other than those it's probably not me and if the name is not "Bobby Downgrades" IT'S NOT ME. If in doubt contact me on facebook or through ps3updat.com.
**************CREDITS AND THANKS****************
SHOUT OUTS IN NO ORDER...
- Graf Chokolo
- The rebug team
- The ita team
- Aldo vargas
- dark jiros
- Dean k
If I missed anyone out, no dissrespect meant.
PS3 4.83 OVERFLOW CFW - STANDARD CEX / NoBD & NoBT editions Released
By STLcardsWS on Oct 17, 2018 at 7:01 PM
[3rd Update (Nov. 18)] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebe3RD UPDATE (November 18) - Fourth Video Released in last days
(Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - October 2018 Progress ReportWell, that was fast. After they announced their (delayed) "Progress Report for September", the great Team behind RPCS3 didn't wanted to "leave you out in the rain" again. So here is the "October Progress Report" which shows again how much they are hard-working to make this Emulator better and better by making more PS3 Games compatible with their Emulator. And speaking about PS3 Games, if you watched the latest Progress Reports from the last few months closely, you will have probably recognized that with every new Progress Report, more and more AAA Titles were getting more Support and a better Compatibility from Time to Time, even with supporting a 4K Output Resolution. This month isn't a exception and the Team is proud to announce that "Yakuza Kenzan" is fully playable now. Now you will think: "Wait a Minute - I never heard about "Yakuza Kenzan" ??? That's right, this is one Game of the "Yakuza Series" which was released in Japan only as "Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan" so it never saw a "Western Release". That's even cooler that such a AAA Game which wasn't available for most of the people are now playable for everyone, even with a higher Resolution as the original PS3 would be able to do so. How "Butt ugly" is this? :PContinue reading
New PS4 Exploit details from fail0verflow Team in "PS4 Aux Hax" Series - v4 Belize via CECThe great fail0verflow team is back at it again with the PlayStation 4 (PS4) and this time around they have detailed some new developments in part 4 of their "PS4 AUX HAX" Series, In the recent write-up of the series some interesting details were shared on something that could potentially lead to a current firmware exploit? Its very early but we do know that when the failOverflow team shares information its like "holding the nuts" at the poker table, its solid information always. We have seen them work on various gaming consoles in the past and they were no stranger to elevating the PS3 and were the pioneers of Linux on the PS4 and also helped provide key information for exploits on older PS4 firmware in the past as well, The PS4 is entering the later stages of its life cycle and new exploits are a welcome site for a struggling homebrew platform that could be so vibrant on a device with so much potential, but lacking an exploit that gives user's that current firmware window for explortation.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
Colecovision Emulator OPL ready ISO (version 2.0) -UniqueUserName