PS3 4.83 OVERFLOW COBRA (v7.3 lite) CFW &- NoBD / NoBT versions Released

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 17, 2018.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 17, 2018 at 7:44 PM
  1. 7,619
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

@Bobby_Downgrades not only released a suite of 4.83 STANDARD CEX CFW for the PS3, but also a suite of 4.83 COBRA CFW, developer Alexander recently also released a COBRA CFW now he two will differ a bit as this one from @Bobby_Downgrades is based off COBRA v7.3 (a lite version), so while both are 4.83 Cobra CFW the payloads while very similar are different versions.. The COBRA Editions contain all the Standard CEX features plus the extra Cobra features, plugin support, ISO Support, Network Streaming Support for Game over your local network are just some of those features added with the Cobra payload. Additional information about this release can see below along with the NoBD and NoBT editions to go along for those damaged console that rely on those type of builds. ​

feature-PS3-Slim-Closeup.jpg

• 4.83 OVERFLOW - COBRA Edition
      CFW TypeCobra Version MD5 Checksum
      COBRA CFW
      v7.3 lite
      UNKNOWN - DL is .RAR File

Features of this cfw...

• * Built from 4.83 ofw
      • * LV0- All security checks disabled
      • * LV0- AppLdr patched to disable sig checks on pkgs
      • * LV1- Disabled lv2 protection
      • * LV1- Disabled Hash Checks
      • * LV1- Added Peek & Poke
      • * Lv1- Added mmap-function 114
      • * Lv1- ACL checks removed
      • * LV2- Added Peek & Poke
      • * LV2- Lv1 peek & poke support
      • * Games with 4.83 keys and lower will start
      • * RED SCREEN OF DEATH Bypass
      • * Added app/home
      • * Added option to xmb Install Packages with three paths (USB or HDD or DOWNLOAD to usb option)
      • * Warning message disabled for faster boot time
      • * Update from any cfw up to 4.83 and 3.55 ofw
      • * QA flag compatable
      • * Both dex and cex packages supported
      • * React psn compatability
      • * (Cobra 7.3 lite)Changed some stage2 functions and also made some small clean ups for smoother code exicution
      • * Has webman integrated (fan control disabled by default)
      • * Update from disc disabled (prevents accidental update to ofw from disc)
      • * Visual updated
      • * Cinavia protection disabled for disc and hdd
      • * Some trophy sync errors removed/bypassed
      • * Remote play supported on non Son# product
      • * ingame screenshots supported
      • * psp drm checks disabled
      • * Removed annoying singstar icon
      • * fselfs are native (debug/dex files like eboots run)
      • * Added option to visit you tube channels and websites (pre selected some helpful ones like psx place, ngu and ps3hax)
      • * Added download and install to what's new in psn column (updated packages will be sent to the ps3 when they are available, option in boxed tools to clear cache and check for updates will update download list) Massive thanks to PS3 Extra and devil_303 :)
      • * Added Restart System options to power options in xmb user column

IMPORTANT NOTE: CCAPi (console manager) uninstalls when you install new cfw so make sure you have your cid saved if ccapi is set to change your cid at boot. If you already have Webman setting your cid keep a copy before updating.​

• 4.83 OVERFLOW (COBRA) - NoBD Edition
      CFW TypeFirmware Type MD5 Checksum
      Cobra (NoBD) CFW
      CEX
      This type of CFW is for broken PS3 Console's that have a broken BD Logic Board and can not open apps , games or anything from the XMB. This CFW resurrects those otherwise broken PS3 Consoles.​

Features of this cfw...
      • Contains all the features of 4.83 OVERFLOW COBRA (see first tab) & then also
      • Can be installed onto a ps3 with no blu ray drive and let's you open apps and play games from hard drive

• 4.83 OVERFLOW (COBRA) - NoBT Edition
      CFW TypeFirmware Type MD5 Checksum
      Cobra (No Bluetooth Edition) CFW
      CEX
      This type of Custom Firmeare is for a damaged PS3 console with a broken BluRay/WiFi chip and allows for the installation.

Features of this cfw...
      • Contains all the Features of 4.83 OVERFLOW COBRA CEX (See first tab) & then also
      • Can be installed onto a ps3 with broken blueray/wifi chip (does not install bd/wifi fw at system update)

• Console-PS3-Slim-120-Go-PlayStation-3-Sony.jpg

**************HOW TO INSTALL***************
      Your ps3 must be jailbroken or must have just been flashed with a hardware flasher to install cfw.

Make sure your usb is formatted to fat 32.
      1. Create a folder on your usb called PS3. (in capitals)
      2. Inside the PS3 folder make another folder called UPDATE. (in capitals)
      3. Put the PS3UPDAT.PUP file inside the UPDATE folder.
      4. Put your usb into your ps3 and go to the settings column, go to system update and update via storage media.​

**************GOING ONLINE***************

COBRA

1. start ps3.
      2. Use any homebrew apps your gonna use like multiman.
      3. load game to xmb with WEBMAN or put disc in.
      4. press R2 and triangle to wipe history and disable cfw system calls. (R2 and triangle do the same job as Sen Enabler and psn patch)
      5. start game and/or sign in.​

IF NON COBRA
      1. start ps3.
      2. Use any homebrew apps your gonna use like multiman.
      3. load game to xmb or put disc in.
      4. Open psn patch and disable cfw system calls. (psn patch does the same job as sen enabler, deletes history at exit)
      5. start game and/or sign in.​

Don't hate cuz I've been on psn with cfw for 8 years and never been console banned, up to you how you want to do it.

If you have problem loading a game from hard drive, open multiman, highlight the game and press triangle for options, select bd mirror and internal options then select permissions, then press x on the game to load it to xmb (must have a game disc in).

....GO TO ps3updat.com FOR NEWS AND SUPPORT....
      Visit the overflow page for updated and new packages such as my xmb editor.

• IMPORTANT NOTE: I only use facebook, ngu and portal centric, psx place and sometimes psn. I only ever go by the name Bobby Downgrades, if you come accross the name on a site other than those it's probably not me and if the name is not "Bobby Downgrades" IT'S NOT ME. If in doubt contact me on facebook or through ps3updat.com.​

**************CREDITS AND THANKS****************

SHOUT OUTS IN NO ORDER...
      • Rogero
      • Zofmodz
      • Habib
      • Evilnat
      • Enstone
      • Karakoto
      • Graf Chokolo
      • Hermes
      • Estwald
      • The rebug team
      • The ita team
      • Aldo vargas
      • REDdOT
      • Haxxen
      • NzV
      • dark jiros
      • Dean k
      • Joonie
      • Judges
      • Naehrwert
      • Waninkoko

If I missed anyone out, no dissrespect meant.

Downloads:

UPDATE (PATCH - ADDS COBRA v7.55):
    Source: psx-place.com

Additional 4.83 CFW / Releases can be found >>> HERE

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Maximodss, marsil602, jolek and 2 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 17, 2018.

1. SpyroMancer
      SpyroMancer
      Thanks for your contributions, i would like to try out your cobra release, what about PS2 ISO support? I have to use Classics Placeholder or it's like Ferrox/Rebug ?
    2. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      PS2 isos should work, but there will be no CONFIG file support due to use old cobra, so game compatibility will be lowered a lot comparing to cfw with cobra 7.5x.
      T.A.U likes this.
    3. marsil602
      marsil602
      Hey, hate to be a buzzkill, but I was previously on your 4.82 Overflow w/ Webman and just updated this morning to 4.83 Overflow; My ps2 isos now mount as "Unsupported Format" with a message that my system doesn't support ps2 games. Naturally this is frustrating when they worked fine on your previous firmware. Is there anything more I need to do after the update? my system is CECHK01
    4. Phan duong
      Phan duong
      Ps3 hiện tại của tôi là 4.83 ofw. Tôi có thể thay thế ổ cứng hdd và sau đó cài đặt 4.83 cfw không
    5. Bobby_Downgrades
      Bobby_Downgrades
      Thank you for the heads up.
      I will make a patch correction, I think this will be compilation error as I am using a new pc.
    6. marsil602
      marsil602
      Sweet! thank you, I'll keep an eye out. and great job on the cfw's!
      SpyroMancer and Bobby_Downgrades like this.
    7. Beilicci Robert
      Beilicci Robert
      Hello,
      Please help me can i instal 4.83 OVERFLOW COBRA (v7.3 lite) CFW in PS3 whith serial CECH 2504B ?
    8. Beilicci Robert
      Beilicci Robert
      How can I save cid without PS3 being modded
    9. Bobby_Downgrades
      Bobby_Downgrades
      I have sorted that issue out, while I was there I also decided to use the newer cobra payload so I made a v8 with the 7.55 cobra payload, here is the download link.
      Overflow 4.83 v8 cobra 7.55
      The hash for the v8 is, a0b9dc54b4373e4afe17f4b0d8b86de4.

@STLcardsWS , can you please add this newer version to the cobra post please, thanks
      marsil602 and SpyroMancer like this.
    10. marsil602
      marsil602
      Thanks again!, updated this morning, ps2 isos live again! and updated cobra is a delightful bonus!!
      Bobby_Downgrades likes this.
    11. SpyroMancer
      SpyroMancer
      This CFW has a modded webman included as it seems. Can i use webman MOD on it, or i have to disable/uninstall the built-in version first? Sorry for asking too much maybe.
    12. Bobby_Downgrades
      Bobby_Downgrades
      I am not up to date with webman in regards to the installer.
      Providing you overwrite the webftp_server.sprx file in dev_flash/vsh/module then the newer version of webman mod will work ok.
      Should be a case of just running the installer for the version you want to use then restart ps3, any problems let me know.
    13. marsil602
      marsil602
      Terribly sorry, i'm probably going to start feeling like a chore/nag for ya;

I gave V8 a try, ps2 ran good, but was shocked to discover upon launching a physical disc (in my case Black Ops 2) brought me to the restore screen where you are asked to reinstall firmware, Did so, tried the game again, back to restore screen.

Was this me or firmware? and if im panicking hard enough is retreating to back to 4.82 overflow advised lol
    14. marsil602
      marsil602
      Just wanted to note a few more observations(issues) im making with 4.83 o.f. V8:
      -Webman fan settings stopped working
      -[Start+Select] combo displays Firmware 0.00
      -Have tried multiple physical discs, all redirect to "system software cannot be run correctly; press PS to restart or Start+Select to reinstall firmware
      fw history: 4.82 o.f. v4 -> 4.83 o.f. v5 / 7.3lite -> 4.83 o.f. v8 / 7.55 (cechk01)

just trying to give you as much information as i think i can at this point
    15. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      That is because webMAN MOD is not updated to support 4.83 CFW yet (various features will work, some will not )

Since the last update was made prior to 4.83 FW, the app does know what FW 4.83 offsets are. therefore it can't display the firmware.
      marsil602 likes this.
    16. Beilicci Robert
      Beilicci Robert
      First we checked the minimum required where it writes 2.50.
      Then I made the update but I got the 8002f957 error.
      What can I do ? nothing is installed, it remains the old menu.
    17. marsil602
      marsil602
      thank you for response, that certainly makes sense. but unfortunately i'm at a total loss on what is going on with my disc drive now...
    18. marsil602
      marsil602
      went back back to 4.82 cfw, blu-ray drive resumed function. so i'll stop panicking now lol, but does that mean firmware issue, or are there settings/cleanup type stuff i wasn't doing correctly after update perhaps?
    19. Bobby_Downgrades
      Bobby_Downgrades
      The reason you were taken to restore screen is because the eboot you have added to bo2 did not function correctly.
      Either a function was called during sprx load/eboot load that did not exist or a function was called incorrectly.
      It is not an issue with your bd drive.
      If you go again to overflow 4.83 v8 cfw but delete any bo2 data from dev_hdd0/game before launching then the game will run correctly.

Any mishaps with webman is most likely down to re installing different versions, try deleting dev_hdd0/xmlhost folder and any webman files in the dev_hdd0/tmp folder.
      That is why I update webman included with overflow as old webman does not work with newer cfws until updated.
      When webman by Aldostools has been updated then you can use that if you prefer to overflow version.