4.83 update error, help pls <3

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by siri.us, Dec 11, 2018.

1. 2
    siri.us

siri.us Forum Noob

Hello, I recently update a PS3 CFW 4.82, via Internet (principal menu) to 4.83, when the update was installing, the installation failure, and, the system reboot, but on recovery mode, and wants than I put a USB with a update, 4.83 or newer.

I tried with OFW, and CFW 4.83, CFW 4.82, and the system doesn't detect a valid firmware.
    What can I do? Can I not loose the CFW?
    Help guys, really, I don't want a paperweight

2. 1,175
    umart666

umart666 Senior Member

you managed to lose jailbreak,you now need first to flash 4.83 ofw with usb flash drive (fat32 formatted,pup downloaded from sony's site,and moved to PS3/UPDATE subfolder on usb drive.

then,if you have jb capable console you need to hardware downgrade to 4.82 ( with hardware flasher or pay service to do it). only then you can exploit it and after exploiting,flash cfw.

3. 1,502
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    So let me try to understand what your problem is, so i can give you the best solution possible!

You updated the console via the internet, from the XMB to 4.83 over the 4.82, and after installing, the PS3 boots you into Safe Mode, asking you to update the console with a valid update file, but the PS3 displays - Invalid Update application not found (No Update Found).

Since you updated to 4.83, you already lost the ability to install a CFW Firmware, downloading 4.82 (OFW or CFW), you wont be able to install,as by installing 4.83, you rewrote the NOR Minimal Firmware to 4.83 or above, for that you need a Hardware Flasher like E3 or Teensy Flasher, to downgrade to 3.55, assuming you have a 3.55 Compatible Console.

As for the PS3 Booting into Safe Mode,asking you for an Update File, it means the Update Installation was corrupted in some form, for that you need to download the lastest 4.83 Update from Sony and insert it, into the USB path as follows: USB/PS3/UPDATE/UPDAT.PUP,which afterwards i suggest you to turn off the PS3, and boot into Safe Mode,with the USB attached already into the 2nd Port (closest to the BD Drive), and then update it from there.

If you get an error (which i did a couple of times), try again with a different flash drive, beware that the USB must be formated to FAT32 to be recognizable by the System.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  4. 5,391
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

The first thing i would do (as a desperate meassure that probably is not going to work) is to remove the hdd, insert a different hdd, and see if the PS3 continues saying... "put a USB with a update, 4.83 or newer"

If is still asking for 4.83... well, bad luck... remove the hdd and insert back the original hdd you had... then install OFW 4.83

umart666 likes this.
  5. 2
    siri.us

siri.us Forum Noob

Uh, that terrible :-(
    Thanks guys <3