It's Back!!!! Following 4.82.2 REBUG REX and then after sitting out the 4.83 firmware update, developer Joonie of Team REBUG has decided it was time to release 4.84 REBUG LITE Custom Firmware. This CFW is not the traditional REX (a hybrid of Retail (cex) & debug (dex)) , instead Rebug LITE is essentially a turbo charged Standard CFW (after installation) and can serve as a COBRA CFW (when activated in Rebug Toolbox, the toolbox can be installed via "Package Manager" on the XMB (the pkg will be there waiting for you)) that is based on 100 % retail (cex) firmware, Joonie has updated REBUG Toolbox which now contains support for 16 different languages, Also added in this release comes HAN PKG Support (for CFW user's).
Checkout other 4.84 related releases in this thread here
What's new since 4.82.2 LITE EDITION?
- Stability* (This system software update improves system performance) x 2 (4.82 -> 4.83 -> 4.84)
- REBUG TOOLBOX 2.02.17 MULTI (The latest REBUG TOOLBOX with Multi Language support -16 languages)
- HAN PKG Support (ECDSA check on EDAT is disabled to allow HAN signed PKGs .Mostly for developers only, Generally, CFW users do not have any benefits from this feature, however, this was added for developers who are working on HAN features for OFW users)
FEATURES FOR REBUG LITE EDITION
- PATCHED – Appldr: LV2 memory hash check is disabled (Memory protection on LV2 is disabled in higher level)
- PATCHED – LV1: Disable System Integrity Check (Safe to use with mismatched COREOS/SYSCON versions or if PS3 is not QA enabled)
- PATCHED – LV1: Undocumented function 114 (Allow mapping of protected memory)
- PATCHED – LV1: Skip all ACL Checks (Needed to allow booting of OtherOS)
- PATCHED – LV1: Peek and Poke support (Unused LV1 call 182 and 183)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support (LV2 Syscall 6 and 7)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support for LV1 (LV2 Syscall 8 and 9)
- PATCHED – LV2: LV1 CALL System call (LV2 Syscall 10)
- PATCHED – LV2: Allow execution of any LV2 internal function (LV2 Syscall 15)
- PATCHED – Recovery: Prevent accidental OFW update while on Recovery mode
- PATCHED – VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable NEW PSP DRM Check (Allowing unsigned PSP pkg contents on 4.75 or higher CFW)
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable Epilepsy Warning for Faster Boot-Up Speed
- FEATURE – Full Polish support for XMB/PS2 Emu (Provide full Polish character support)
- FEATURE – Cinavia protection fully disabled (Supports optical media/bd iso, AACS must be decrypted)
- FEATURE – Homebrew store compatibility (Downloading debug signed packages is now available on retail CFW.)
- FEATURE – PSN/SEN Accessibility (PSN /SEN Accessible , until the next OFW update)
- FEATURE – XMBM+ Compatibility (XMB Manager Plus developed by Team XMBM now supported via standalone pkgs.)
- FEATURE – HAN Toolbox Compatibility (HAN Toolbox Support added for testing HAN Signed pkgs on CFW)
- FEATURE – Enhanced Remote Play (This unlocks the limitation of working apps/games for remote play, by disabling SFO flag check)
- FEATURE – In Game Screenshot (Allows taking screenshots in Game
- FEATURE – QA Token compatibility
- FEATURE – OtherOS++ support enabled (Use Rebug Toolbox to Boot OtherOS with different LV1 patches)
- FEATURE – Package Manager (Replacement for the standard ‘Install Package Files’ option)
- FEATURE – FSELF compatibility (Fake Signed ELF is supported)
- INCLUDED – Rebug Toolbox 02.02.17 (To Install Rebug toolbox In the PS3 XMB go to "Game" men > Select "Package Manager" >> "Install Package Files" >> "PS3 System Storage" >> REBUG-TOOLBOX-02.02.17.pkg (this pkg is placed on your PS3 when REBUG CFW is installed, you just have to manually install the pkg. as it presents optional features))
- TOGGLE XMB CFW SETTINGS Enable or Disable mysis’s XMB CFW settings plugin v0.1. The feature is available via Network Column on XMB after Enabled.
- TOGGLE COBRA MODE: COBRA mode is disabled by default, this option can toggle COBRA mode to enable COBRA 7.55 payload on boot [dongless NO DRM feature see below]
- TOGGLE QA: Enable/Disable QA flag. Enable for easy downgrade and other extra features on all 3.55-4.84 CFW.
- TOGGLE RECOVERY MODE: Enable/Disable Recover Mode flag. When enabled your PS3 will reboot into Recovery Mode.
- LOAD LV2 KERNEL: Load lv2_kernel.self.[KERNEL_NAME] from USB or /dev_hdd0
- BACKUP/RESTORE XREGISTRY: Backup or Restore the PS3 system settings from USB
- RESIZE VFLASH/NAND REGIONS: Resize VFLASH/NAND Region 5 to allow install of OtherOS.
- INSTALL PETITBOOT: Install Petitboot to VFLASH/NAND Region 5 from USB.
- SET GAMEOS BOOT FLAG: Sets the GameOS boot flag. Use this if your PS3 is having trouble booting PS2 titles after running OtherOS or is accidentally sending you back to OtherOS when trying to enter recovery mode.
- CREATE PACKAGES FOLDER ON PS3: Create /dev_hdd0/packages folder or your PS3 to be used with Package Manager.
- EXPORT HYPERVISOR LV1 MEMORY: Save LV1 memory to dev_usb000 or dev_usb006 or dev_hdd0 if usb is not found.
- EXPORT GAMEOS LV2 MEMORY: Save LV2 memory to dev_usb000 or dev_usb006 or dev_hdd0 if usb is not found.
- EXPORT FLASH TO FILE: Backup your current NOR/NAND to file on dev_usb000. Takes about 45secs for NAND
- DUMP EID ROOT KEY: Dump your eid root key.
- FEATURE – COBRA 7.55 (Disabled by default (Optional), Rebug Toolbox required to Enable)
- Background running plugins at boot time (sprx)
- ISO Support: PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/DVD/BluRay (Split ISO support on FAT32 drives)
- Network Support: PS1/PS3/DVD/BluRay /PKGs
- Blu Ray Movie region free functionality NTFS HDD Support (prepNTFS, or multiMAN Required to scan contents)
- PS2 ISO Support for BC (HW) / non-BC (SW) Consoles
- Syscall 11 – Cobra lv1 Peek
- Syscall 15 – Allow execution of any LV2 internal function
- PSNPatch stealth plugin support
- ***ISO rips are required to get 100% support, for ex) after disabling syscalls, games like Call of Duty will not be able to play unless you use ISO rips, please DO NOT expect everything to be fully functional when you are disabling the built-in features from COBRA. Folder rips are NOT compatible with PSNPatch’s stealth mode due to its ability to disable COBRA’s disc-less feature for folder JB rips****
- PS3MAPI support, allows you to attach process on both CEX/DEX via its own API app.
- Backup Protection Removal, Add full PS3 Backup support on all multiMAN/sMAN/webMAN,IRIS manager forks and Managunz.
- Allow modification on Syscall 6/7/8/9/10/11/15.
- Burned/Burnt optical media support for PS1/PS3 Games on All models
- Homebrew blocker – blocks homebrew access while Syscalls are disabled
- FEATURE – XMB CFW settings v0.1a (Disabled by default (Optional), Rebug Toolbox required to Enable)
- XMB Icons for various CFW tasks, available in Network Column (on XMB) Simply select and the task is executed!
- Rebug Settings – Toggle COBRA
- Dump Tools – Klicense, File Secure ID, IDPS, Disc Hash keyService Tools – Display Minimum Downgrade FW Version, Rebuild Database, Check File System, Entering Recovery Mode (NOR Models Only)
- Advanced Service Tools – Entering FSM (!!!DO NOT Install FW while on FSM that may lead RSOD!!!), Remarry BD drive and RSOD fix
Installing a Plugin (Requires COBRA to be enabled in Toolbox)
How to Enable Cobra
By default COBRA 7.55 is disabled, to enable the Cobra Features simply access the REBUG Toolbox.
INSTALL (rebug toolbox):1: On the XMB select Package Manager
2: Select Install Package Files
3: Select PS3 System Storage
4: Select REBUG-TOOLBOX-02.02.15.pkg
5: Access Rebug Toolbox from XMB
6: Scroll to 2nd column Selector, and select 3rd option Toggle Cobra Mode
7: Select Enable, and system will reboot with Cobra now enabled on the CFW.
Support for plugins at boot time:
Plugins are loaded in the following way:
- The number of vsh plugins has been increased from 1 to 7 slots.
- Slot 0 is reserved for use for iso plugins (netiso.sprx and rawseciso.sprx).
- Slots 1-6 are for boot plugins.
How to Install a Plugin:
- text file: /dev_hdd0/boot_plugins.txt shall contain a single plugin path per line.
- Copy plugin_name.sprx to you internal ps3 hdd (ex: /dev_hdd0/).
- Create or Edit boot_plugins.txt in the root of the hdd (/dev_hd00/boot_plugins.txt) and add a line for the new plugin. Assuming you placed the sprx also in the root of the disk, add: /dev_hdd0/plugin_name.sprx). Add a new line for each plugin.
- Then Reboot PS3 Console!
- Find PS3 Plugins >> here <<
Playing PlayStation 2 Games (w/ COBRA activated)
Non-Backward Compatibility PS3 via Software Emulation
- Software (SW) Emulation:Support for PS2 ISOs in non BC consoles was removed in Cobra 4.30 (usb), due tops2_softemu missing. It has been re-enabled now by hacking of ps2_netemu. You can use it in the same way as before, just load an ISO and launch from disc icon, Cobra core takes care of rest. No need for encrypted isos, isos patched with limg sectors, etc. Just your normal PS2 isos dumped from discs. However, there is NO SUPPORT for Optical Discs in PS2_NETEMU
- Note 1: Don’t forget to set the memory cards in XMB, in the old memory card utility for PS/PS2, as ps2_netemu won’t let you assign them in game as long as you use the new ps2 launcher.
- Note 2: Decrypted Config can now be used , place the CONFIG file in the same game path. An example below :
- dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/God of WAR2.ISO
- dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/God of WAR2.ISO.CONFIGDecrypted CONFIG files are available via PSDEVWIKI
PlayStation 2 on BC and Semi-BC Consoles
- Hardware (HW) Emulation: PS3 Models: CECHA, CECHB, CECHC and CECHE Backwards Compatible (BC) Consoles will still use their respetive emulators(ps2_emu, ps2_gxemu), which have much better compatibility and also support optical discs, original or backup. Toggle Software Emulation is available via REBUG TOOLBOX.
OTHEROS++ (LINUX) SUPPORT
OtherOS++ is supported by all REBUG REX/LITE EDITIONS and will detect your existing OtherOS HDD partition. However none of the REBUG REX/LITE EDITIONS have emer_init.self patched (create smaller GameOS partition). We are working on a solution to this from GameOS.
In the meantime if you do want to create an OtherOS partition you have two options:1: Use a ANY 3.55 or 4.xx firmware that already has emer_init.self patched to the size you want.
2: Patch REBUG 3.xx , 4.xx REX EDITION in PS3MFW Builder MOD by Haxxxen The related thread regarding ps3mfwbuilder MOD with this MFW Builder MOD, you can make your own CFW with the feature that allows you to create regions on vFLASH/NAND for OtherOS installation If you choose option 2 we highly recommend that you ONLY patch emer_init.self (Make sure to select BASE MFW VERSION and Create OtherOS HDD Region on mfwbuilder).
Rebug Toolbox is application designed to complete the full function of REBUG REX/Lite EDITION firmwares. Besides from performing the CEX/DEX EID0 and LV2 Kernel Swapping it is also an FTP server and is packed with a bunch of other useful tools.
INSTALL:1: In the PS3 XMB go to Game menu
2: Select Package Manager
3: Select Install Package Files
4: Select PS3 System Storage
5: Select REBUG-TOOLBOX-02.XX.XX.pkg
Package Manager is a replacement for the standard Install Package Files option under Game in the XMB. It allows for the install and deletion of .pkg files from dev_hdd0/packages, dev_usb/packages and the standard Install Package Files locations. In addition to this, your downloaded PSN content ‘bubbles’ will appear under this option instead of cluttering your Game menu with uninstalled content.
USAGE: Navigate to Game in your XMB and click on Package Manager (It will be where Install Package Files usually is). You will find three options.
- PlayStation®Network Content
- Manage your downloaded PlayStation®Network Content.
- Install Package Files
- INSTALL package files from Storage Devices and your PS3.
- PS3 Hard Disk (dev_hdd0/packages)
- Package Folder (dev_usb/packages)
- Standard Package Location (Standard Install Package Files locations)
- NOTE: The "Install All Packages" is only available by pressing the TRIANGLE button when the Standard Package Location option is highlighted because the PS3 will only install ALL packages from the root of a storage device as of the moment.
- Delete Package Files
- DELETE package files from Storage Devices and your PS3.
- PS3 Hard Disk (dev_hdd0/packages)
- Package Folder (dev_usb/packages)
- Standard Package Location (Standard Install Package Files locations)
- DELETING FILES:
- 1: Highlight the file you would like to delete and press TRIANGLE. The sidebar should appear.
- 2: Press CROSS on either Unlink or Unlink(Folder) (Both do the same thing for now).
Download & Additional Info via:
PS3 4.84.1 REBUG LITE EDITION Released by Team REBUG
By STLcardsWS on Mar 1, 2019 at 8:12 PM
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - April 2019 Progress Report - >40% of all Games are now fully playable!No, this isn't a late April Fools Message. As usual for every month (but a little bit delayed, I know ), the Great Team behind RPCS3 showcases their newest improvements and milestones in their newest Monthly Progress Reports. And speaking of milestones, April has another one as well. Now when you will Download their newest Build, you are able to emulate more than >40% of all PS3 Games without any errors etc. which leads into an "fully playable" status and means that you can enjoy those Game Titles as minimum as with the same good experience compared with an PS3 or even better (like with 4K Output Resolution, for instance). That's already pretty strong, don't you think?
Editor's Note: Maybe you have already experienced it before but the News Writers would like to remember you that since the beginning of 2019, we don't only introduce you with the newest Monthly Progress Report for RPCS3, but also some In-Game-Screenshot from various Game Titles provided by the Team from RPCS3, which saw a better compatibility or getting "Ingame" for the very first time. We hope you like that idea and we also recommend you to watch for Updates on every Progress Report, since many of those mentioned Screenshots will be showcased a few days later after the initial Progress Report.Continue reading
Wild Gunman Remake (35th Anniversary Edition) by Lapy GamesFollowing the release of Duck Hunt Remake (35th anniversary edition) developer Lapy05575948
of Lapy Games has developed another remake for another classic and this time around the zapper victim is the iconic Wild Gunman. The new Wild Gunman Remake is another great game to come to an exploited PS4 console near you but not only has the developer released a PS4 version but also includes a PS Vita port as well that is of course compatiable with those PlayStation TV's that Sony dismissed or gave the scene as a gift, we have never quite figured that out, either way Lapy is bringing us another great title for our enjoyment. The developer followed version v1.00 of Wild Gunman Remake with v1.01 that has given us the "game B" mode and plans for the "game C" mode as well. So stay tuned as we could see a new update from Lapy in the future. Also checkout some of Lapy's other projects for an exploited PS4 that is seeing a growing library of brew being tapped!!!Continue reading
webMAN MOD v1.47.23 (by Aldostools) - Improving the Ps3HEN experience & moreCheck it out more PS3 Homebrew, this time around developer @aldostools is back with some updates to webMAN MOD improving the plugin experience for both CFW and Ps3HEN user;s in the latest update labeled as version v1.47.23. In this update there has been a fix to some blackscreen issues on homebrew that was being launched during the Content Scanning process, Also keys have been fixed and adjusted for Ps3HEN for the add-on pkg/rom launcher feature of wMM. The webMAN MOD installer and updater has new and updated detection mechanism in place for Ps3HEN. These are just some of the new features in this update but the developer has been busy with several updates in the recent, so be sure to checkout the previous changelogs if you have not been keeping up to date on this PS3 Plugin that is a must have for many Ps3 Owner's on either Custom firmware or Ps3HEN.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: