Team REBUG just recently released 4.84 REBUG LITE Edition just the other day. Now,since that time the team has aquired all the resources needed for the creation of 4.84.1 REBUG REX Custom firmware . Now that the testing phase has concluded, the team has now released 4.84 REX version of their famed Custom Firmware for the PS3. What makes REX different from LITE is that Lite is made of only CEX (retail) firmware and REX contains both retail firmware and then also contains debug (DEX) firmware elements as well. To create this powerful hybrid custom firmware. Which expands the feature list over any other CFW type with the included REBUG Toolbox (requires pkg installation),
The updated Cobra payload of v8.00/1 that made its recent debut in habib's 4.84 Starbuged CFW has also been bundled with this latest version of REBUG REX. One of the highlights of the version 8.0 progression of the Cobra payload has been a new feature allowing Kernel payload support via plugin developed by habib, The update to Cobra also brought a number of new improvements besides that lone feature, other feature consist of a much faster boot time on start up as in Cobra 8.00+ stage 1 has been removed. Then also in this version of REX you should note COBRA is ENABLED by default where as in previous versions of REX it has not been and required a toggled "ON" via the REBUG Toolbox, that is no more, in this version its enabled "out of the box" and ready to go
Checkout other 4.84 related releases in this thread here
4.84.1 REBUG REX
What’s new since 4.82.2 REX/D-REX?
- Stability (This system software update improves system performance)
- REBUG TOOLBOX 2.03.01 MULTI 17 (Payload injection feature available on Utilities category, CFW 4.83 and 4.84 Supported)
- Cobra 8.01 (COBRA now enabled by Default - Improved boot speed/Stage1 removal, Kernel payload plugin support, PS2 Bugfix for BC and SemiBC consoles when COBRA’s disabled) More information available via this link)
Features of 4.84.1 REBUG REX
- FEATURE – Dual LV2 Kernels CEX/DEX (Swap your EID0/LV2 kernel using Rebug Toolbox in seconds)
- FEATURE – ALL Retail functions available in CEX mode (No need to install different firmware)
- FEATURE – ALL Debug functions available in DEX mode (No need to install different firmware)
- FEATURE – COBRA v8.01 (ENABLED BY DEFAULT, a new change in 4.84 REX)
- Background running plugins at boot time (sprx)
- ISO Support: PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/DVD/BluRay (Split ISO support on FAT32 drives)
- Network Support: PS1/PS3/DVD/BluRay /PKGs
- Blu Ray Movie region free functionality NTFS HDD Support (prepNTFS, or multiMAN Required to scan contents)
- PS2 ISO Support for BC (HW) / non-BC (SW) Consoles
- Syscall 11 – Cobra lv1 Peek
- Syscall 15 – Allow execution of any LV2 internal function
- PSNPatch stealth plugin support
- ***ISO rips are required to get 100% support, for ex) after disabling syscalls, games like Call of Duty will not be able to play unless you use ISO rips, please DO NOT expect everything to be fully functional when you are disabling the built-in features from COBRA. Folder rips are NOT compatible with PSNPatch’s stealth mode due to its ability to disable COBRA’s disc-less feature for folder JB rips****
- PS3MAPI support, allows you to attach process on both CEX/DEX via its own API app.
- Backup Protection Removal, Add full PS3 Backup support on all multiMAN/sMAN/webMAN,IRIS manager forks and Managunz.
- Allow modification on Syscall 6/7/8/9/10/11/15.
- Burned/Burnt optical media support for PS1/PS3 Games on All models
- Homebrew blocker – blocks homebrew access while Syscalls are disabled
- new in 8.00 Run payload with Kernel privileges - Added option to run payload with kernel privileges like ps vita skprx. this is a big thing! one can make hooks, printf to socat, do whatever they feel like they need to do. at the current time only one payload is supported at a time. in the future i might increase this
- New in 8.01 Added support for dynamic memory payloads, 5 of them can be started from "/dev_hdd0/boot_plugins_kernel.txt"
- toolchain updated to support dynamic address loading.
- For applications, you can also mount em, and unmount em separately
- new in 8.00 Boot times vastly speed improved - as there is no stage1.
- new in 8.00 PS2 bc and semi bc consoles wont load iso when cobra disabled - disable cobra using opcode)
- FEATURE – FULL ProDG Connectivity in DEX mode (Full Support on both Normal mode and Cobra mode)
- FEATURE – QA Token compatibility
- FEATURE – OtherOS++ support enabled (Use Rebug Toolbox to Boot OtherOS with different LV1 patches)
- FEATURE – Package Manager (Replacement for the standard ‘Install Package Files’ option)
- FEATURE – FSELF compatibility (Fake Signed ELF is supported on both CEX and DEX modes.)
- FEATURE – Fake Save Data Owner (Use Game Saves from ANY Owner)
- FEATURE – In Game Screenshot (Allows taking screenshots in Game)
- FEATURE – Disabled flag check in PARAM for Remote Play (For better compatibility with remote play, custom flags in PARAM is recommended)
- FEATURE – Lock/Unlock Trophies (Offline only)
- FEATURE – Cinavia protection fully disabled (Supports optical media/bd iso, AACS must be decrypted)
- FEATURE – Full BD/DVD Playback support on both CEX/DEX mode (BD/DVD movies can now be played on DEX mode, major thanks to mysis!)
- FEATURE – XMB CFW settings v0.1a (XMB icons for simple CFW tasks available via REBUG TOOLBOX 2.02.16)
- FEATURE – PSN/SEN Accesibility (PSN /SEN Accessible , until the next OFW update)
- FEATURE – XMBM+ Compatibility (XMB Manager Plus developed by Team XMBM now supported via standalone pkgs.)
- FEATURE – HAN Toolbox Compatibility (HAN Toolbox support added for developers)
- PATCHED – Appldr: LV2 memory hash check is disabled (Memory protection on LV2 is disabled in higher level)
- PATCHED – LV1: Disable System Integrity Check (Safe to use with mismatched COREOS/SYSCON versions or if PS3 is not QA enabled)
- PATCHED – LV1: Undocumented function 114 (Allow mapping of protected memory)
- PATCHED – LV1: Skip all ACL Checks (Needed to allow booting of OtherOS)
- PATCHED – LV1: Peek and Poke support (Unused LV1 call 182 and 183)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support (LV2 Syscall 6 and 7)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support for LV1 (LV2 Syscall 8 and 9)
- PATCHED – LV2: LV1 CALL System call (LV2 Syscall 10)
- PATCHED – LV2: Allow execution of any LV2 internal function (LV2 Syscall 15)
- PATCHED – Recovery: Prevent accidental OFW update while on Recovery mode
- PATCHED – VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files
- PATCHED – VSH: Auto unlocks c00 demo contents
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat (Improved patches applied)
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable NEW PSP DRM Check (Allowing unsigned PSP pkg contents on 4.75 or higher CFW)
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable Epilepsy Warning for Faster Boot-Up Speed
- PATCHED – VSH: XMB notification removal (Fake Save Data Owner and Game Quit: No Request Event will not be displayed)
- INCLUDED – Rebug Toolbox 2.03.01 (Install included Rebug Toolbox or higher for full compatibility)
- TOGGLE XMB CFW SETTINGS Enable or Disable mysis’s XMB CFW settings plugin v0.1. The feature is available via Network Column on XMB after Enabled.
- TOGGLE COBRA MODE: COBRA mode is disabled by default NOW ENABLED BY DEFAULT in 4.84 REX, this option can toggle COBRA mode to disable/ enable COBRA 8.01 payload on boot
- TOGGLE QA: Enable/Disable QA flag. Enable for easy downgrade and other extra features on all 3.55-4.84 CFW.
- TOGGLE RECOVERY MODE: Enable/Disable Recover Mode flag. When enabled your PS3 will reboot into Recovery Mode.
- LOAD LV2 KERNEL: Load lv2_kernel.self.[KERNEL_NAME] from USB or /dev_hdd0
- BACKUP/RESTORE XREGISTRY: Backup or Restore the PS3 system settings from USB
- RESIZE VFLASH/NAND REGIONS: Resize VFLASH/NAND Region 5 to allow install of OtherOS.
- INSTALL PETITBOOT: Install Petitboot to VFLASH/NAND Region 5 from USB.
- SET GAMEOS BOOT FLAG: Sets the GameOS boot flag. Use this if your PS3 is having trouble booting PS2 titles after running OtherOS or is accidentally sending you back to OtherOS when trying to enter recovery mode.
- CREATE PACKAGES FOLDER ON PS3: Create /dev_hdd0/packages folder or your PS3 to be used with Package Manager.
- EXPORT HYPERVISOR LV1 MEMORY: Save LV1 memory to dev_usb000 or dev_usb006 or dev_hdd0 if usb is not found.
- EXPORT GAMEOS LV2 MEMORY: Save LV2 memory to dev_usb000 or dev_usb006 or dev_hdd0 if usb is not found.
- EXPORT FLASH TO FILE: Backup your current NOR/NAND to file on dev_usb000. Takes about 45secs for NAND
- DUMP EID ROOT KEY: Dump your eid root key.
- DEBUG MENU TYPE: Gives you the choice of the CEX QA (retail) or DEX (debug) Debug Settings menu.
- SYSTEM MODE: Switches between NORMAL and REBUG mode
NORMAL mode which uses the DEBUG XMB is the default mode after installing Rebug.
REBUG mode sets the PS3 to the latest available version spoof (updatable in the future) and allows swapping between RETAIL and DEBUG XMB.
- XMB OPERATION MODE: This option only works in REBUG mode and lets you select either the RETAIL or DEBUG XMB.** RETAIL MODE ensures Media Server Connection PERMA-Enabled **
- See all features of rebug toolbox here
Support for plugins at boot time:
Plugins are loaded in the following way:
- The number of vsh plugins has been increased from 1 to 7 slots.
- Slot 0 is reserved for use for iso plugins (netiso.sprx and rawseciso.sprx).
- Slots 1-6 are for boot plugins.
How to Install a Plugin:
- text file: /dev_hdd0/boot_plugins.txt shall contain a single plugin path per line.
- Copy plugin_name.sprx to you internal ps3 hdd (ex: /dev_hdd0/).
- Create or Edit boot_plugins.txt in the root of the hdd (/dev_hd00/boot_plugins.txt) and add a line for the new plugin. Assuming you placed the sprx also in the root of the disk, add: /dev_hdd0/plugin_name.sprx). Add a new line for each plugin.
- Then Reboot PS3 Console!
- Find PS3 Plugins >> here <<
Playing PlayStation 2 Games (w/ COBRA activated)
Non-Backward Compatibility PS3 via Software Emulation
- Software (SW) Emulation:Support for PS2 ISOs in non BC consoles was removed in Cobra 4.30 (usb), due tops2_softemu missing. It has been re-enabled now by hacking of ps2_netemu. You can use it in the same way as before, just load an ISO and launch from disc icon, Cobra core takes care of rest. No need for encrypted isos, isos patched with limg sectors, etc. Just your normal PS2 isos dumped from discs. However, there is NO SUPPORT for Optical Discs in PS2_NETEMU
- Note 1: Don’t forget to set the memory cards in XMB, in the old memory card utility for PS/PS2, as ps2_netemu won’t let you assign them in game as long as you use the new ps2 launcher.
- Note 2: Decrypted Config can now be used , place the CONFIG file in the same game path. An example below :
- dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/God of WAR2.ISO
- dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/God of WAR2.ISO.CONFIGDecrypted CONFIG files are available via PSDEVWIKI
PlayStation 2 on BC and Semi-BC Consoles
- Hardware (HW) Emulation: PS3 Models: CECHA, CECHB, CECHC and CECHE Backwards Compatible (BC) Consoles will still use their respetive emulators(ps2_emu, ps2_gxemu), which have much better compatibility and also support optical discs, original or backup. Toggle Software Emulation is available via REBUG TOOLBOX.
OTHEROS++ (LINUX) SUPPORT
OtherOS++ is supported by all REBUG REX/LITE EDITIONS and will detect your existing OtherOS HDD partition. However none of the REBUG REX/LITE EDITIONS have emer_init.self patched (create smaller GameOS partition). We are working on a solution to this from GameOS.
In the meantime if you do want to create an OtherOS partition you have two options:1: Use a ANY 3.55 or 4.xx firmware that already has emer_init.self patched to the size you want.
2: Patch REBUG 3.xx , 4.xx REX EDITION in PS3MFW Builder MOD by Haxxxen The related thread regarding ps3mfwbuilder MOD with this MFW Builder MOD, you can make your own CFW with the feature that allows you to create regions on vFLASH/NAND for OtherOS installation If you choose option 2 we highly recommend that you ONLY patch emer_init.self (Make sure to select BASE MFW VERSION and Create OtherOS HDD Region on mfwbuilder).
via Joonie's github with latest Cobra Source Code
COBRA 8.01 Source (Available for 4.84 only at the moment)[ @Joonie 's Changes ]
These changes are from developer's since CobraUSB (v1.0 - 6.0) went Open Source.
[ @habib 's changes ]
- Firmware spoofing is disabled due to the changes of PSN Auth since 4.60
- PLS3 patches are removed from modulespatch.c since this is one of those pre-applied patches on 4.xx CFW
- unknown E3 patches are removed to fix an issue with XMB, [Originally found by rancid-0, from his PS3ITA 4.50 COBRA]
- Dual VSH supported for REBUG REX / D-REX CFW, with the proper hash check code was developed by habib and Nzv recently.
- NPDRM Fself fix is no longer used due to improved fself patches hard coded within the firmware modules on REX/D-REX
Please review this post for further detail via http://www.psx-place.com/threads/up...cludes-new-cobra-8-00-payload-by-habib.22810/
- Stage0 and stage0 base are merged, (Optimization on stage0 and stage1)
- Syscall 11 is added to support full lv1 peek.
- Syscall 15 is added to allow execution of any lv2 internal function.
- Allow Syscall 11 to gain full access to syscall 6/7/9/10 to prevent modification from homebrews like multiMAN.
- PS2 Launcher is no longer needed due to new codes in storage_ext, now COBRA can behave the same way that VSH does to apply configuration of DS3 controllers.
- PS2 Launcher can still be used, which allows PS2ISO with netemu on backward compatible consoles.
- PS2 Netemu toggle is added for Backward compatible consoles, it is very useful for those units with broken EE/GS chips as well.
- PS2 Netemu can now use decrypted CONFIG, place the game config file in the same game path for ex) dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/GOW.ISO dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/GOW.ISO.CONFIG
- HASH calculation algorithm is changed, now it uses static hashes, so the hashes will not be changed unless modules have major changes.
- Stealth extension support to disable Syscall 15
- Allows temporary LV1 peek from syscall 8 when "disabling COBRA" is not used
- Run payload with Kernel privileges - Added option to run payload with kernel privileges like ps vita skprx. this is a big thing! one can make hooks, printf to socat, do whatever they feel like they need to do. at the current time only one payload is supported at a time. in the future i might increase this
- Boot times speed improved - as there is no stage1.
- PS2 bc and semi bc consoles wont load iso when cobra disabled - disable cobra using opcode)
- Added support for dynamic memory payloads, 5 of them can be started from "/dev_hdd0/boot_plugins_kernel.txt"
- Toolchain updated to support dynamic address loading.
- For applications, you can also mount em, and unmount em separately
[ KW's changes ]
- webMAN integration on boot. Also disables external webMAN plugin located in dev_hdd0 (Disabled for REBUG 4.82.1 LITE)
- PSN Patch stealth mode, it remove custom syscall from the ps3
- Homebrew blocker added, when Syscalls are disabled by plugins or homebrews, it will prevent homebrews from being launched, and it will return as 80010006 on XMB.
[ @deank 's changes ]
- Improved map_path, to fix the issue with games like Shadow of Mordor
- Permission protection is disabled to increase game compatiblity and full DEX support.[no more issue with Target Manager or CCAPI]
- 80010017 / 8001002B Error fix is added since 4.60, this was developed to prevent issues with games when game disc is inserted in BD Drive.
- LIC.DAT check is patched to fix the issue with launching homebrew since 4.60
- Full burned optical media support for PS3 Games. (CD-R, DVD-R SL/DL, BD-R SL/DL, BD-RE)
[ @_NzV_ 's changes]
- PS3MAPI 1.2.2 support, it is similar feature comparing to CCAPI, but open sourced project and also can unload vsh plugins , attatch process on all type of EBOOT. One of those great debugging features.
- Partial disable syscall8 and unhooks all cobra hooks (Part of PS3MAPI)
- Block update from disc
[ @aldostools 's changes ]
- Improved PSX media type support, now it supports following disc types
- 2048 // 2352 // 2336 // 2448 *
- Improved Video mode patch with proper region detection Original COBRA payload was relying on ps1emu's detection method, now COBRA has extra pre-processing that can detect region properly and force apply correct refresh rate depending on the game's region. (Improved PS3MAPI functions)
- Added PEEK/POKE (LV1/LV2) as PS3MAPI opcodes (syscall8)
- Added option to block access and request access to syscall8 using a key (also as PS3MAPI opcodes)
- Added temporary disablement of Cobra syscall8 to allow dumpers peek 0x1000 to 0x9800
- BASIC_PLUGIN hash is commented.
- 80010006 Error fix when trying to install a game update with syscall disabled. Fix & Research @Joonie @Alexander @Aldo
[ @Alexander 's changes ]
- Fixed data corruption if you uninstall game/game update/homebrew with syscall disabled
[ @haxxxen 's changes ]
- Extra patch for PSP SAVE DATA is disabled by default to improve compatibility, however can be toggled by CROSS+R1 when launching PSP launcher.
[ @Evilnat' s changes]
- Updated KW's code to search webMAN in flash and load it firstly if it's found in /dev_hdd0, will search in the following paths:
- DECR-1400ASee Download link + release info @: rebug.me
What’s new since 4.82.1 DECR ED?
- Stability (This system software update improves system performance)
- REBUG TOOLBOX 2.02.12 (DECR edition) (DEH 4.84 Support Added)
- webMAN MOD support (webMAN MOD 1.45.10 is integrated due to high demand since the latest version has an issue) *** Due to the issue with WM_PROXY, 1.45.11 and below is recommended for DECR***
- COBRA 8.01 Added - More information available via this link
PS3 4.84.1 REBUG REX (w/ Cobra v8.01 + Rebug Toolbox v2.03.01) Released (+ DECR LE version)
By STLcardsWS on Mar 10, 2019 at 12:47 PM
(Update) PS3 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) 4.84.2 - PS3Xploit HAN & Flash Tools Restored for 4.84 OFW usersHuge News as the PS3 exploit ladder has taken a step up into 4.84 rung, with a new approach to bring back PS3Xploit functionality on 4.84. With a Hybrid Firmware (NOT A CFW) that can be installed on ANY MODEL PS3 over any Official Firmware (OFW) version. .The only thing this modified firmware essentially does is bring back the patched webkit from OFW 4.82 that was an entry point for PS3Xploit, if you recall when 4.84 was released developers @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w stated the exploit was not actually patched but rather only the webkit entry used was removed in 4.83+ which rendered the actual exploit unreachable (not patched and could be restored). Now the webkit is back for 4.84 OFW thanks to this new clever magic that has allowed OFW user's to use and install this slightly modified Firmware.
So, what does all this mean? Now Its just like it was back in 4.82 before PS3Xploit was patched you will be able to install a CFW (on a CFW compatible model) and for those unfortunate user's that does not have a CFW Compatible model (i.e. SuperSlim/late slims) you have will have access to the HAN exploit . So for new user's or ones that updated, here is your second chances thanks to the efforts of the PS3Xploit Team and to @Joonie (waved magic wand on files), @habib (for valuable input on this project) and @esc0rtd3w (work in porting ps3xploit tools to 4.84) and the PS3XploitContinue reading
Milestone Update for Orbital - An PS4 Emulator by @AlexAltea - now with (very first) Video Output!Nearly a year ago, Developer @AlexAltea showcased us an early-stage Version from his own PS4 Emulator called Orbital. The very first Version was on a minimal stage by running several code examples on a Terminal within Linux only but this was already impressive since as you probably know, both the PS4 and standard Computers shares the same x86 CPU Architecture. But the CPU isn't the only thing the PS4 shares with a standard PC. Since you need also a lot of GPU Power to run your Games on a Console for General, it is getting quite usual that those big players like NVIDIA or AMD are collaborating with the Console Manufacturers to deliver them with special-designed Graphics Processing Units for the Consoles you own. Even when we talk about "Special" GPU's, you already recognized by yourself that if you go further in newer Console Generations, you realized that the internal GPU used inside each Console is having more and more similarities compared to a standard GPU. With that result in mind, Developer @AlexAltea showcased yesterday that his Emulator Orbital is capable of running the Safe Mode of the PS4 together with getting a Video Output from that mentioned Safe Mode as well, which leads to the point that his Emulator showcased the very first Video Output from a PS4 emulated by a PC! Do I have to say more? Continue reading
4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ COBRA 8.01) - New update in from Habib
Following the introduction of 4.84 STARBUGED CFW for the PS3, which also gave us the introduction of Cobra v8.0x from developer @habib, Has now followed up that cfw release with 4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ Cobra 8.01) that contains some more candy for the scene. As the developer has provided new features once again with this update with the ability to Hardcode Kernel Plugins, which can be useful for things like MAMBA (a Cobra Alternative) as it can not be ran as a kernel plugin. Down below you will see the technical aspects of what this update has provided from Ps3 CFW Developer @habib.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: