PS3 4.84.2 REBUG REX + COBRA 8.1 Released (Rebug Toolbox Updated / Font Fix / ...)

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 30, 2019.

By STLcardsWS on Mar 30, 2019 at 12:30 AM
  1. 8,604
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Following the release of 4.84.1 REX a new update has been made by Team Rebug with the release of 4.82.4 REBUG REX (& D-REX) with the inclusion of COBRA v8.1 that we seen debut in @Joonie's latest PASTA (DEX) COBRA CFW. This update also corrects a long-standing bug (7 years) that resided in Rebug when trying to install in some region via Recovery Mode. Also PS3Xploit Support has been added (mostly for developer use), these features in REBUG REX and various fixes/changes can be seen below. Along with an overview of features REBUG REX can offer

Rebug.png
    • What’s new since 4.84.1 REX/D-REX?
      • Installation issue fix (This has been bugged for the past 7 years due to missing the license agreement for 3 languages including English[UK], Brazilian Portuguese and Turkish. Certain users used to have a problem installing REBUG while on recovery mode, and this is finally resolved!) *no more data corruption error!*
      • Font fix: (some old games that use system font now display all letters correctly, Polish letter fix is removed due to this change )
      • PS3Xploit support: (The old webkit is brought back to allow PS3Xploit support, HAN can be used)
      • REBUG TOOLBOX 2.03.02 MULTI 16 (PS2 Emu swapper’s removed as this became obsolete since Cobra 8.1)
      • Cobra 8.1 (Enabled by Default) source available via this link (Stage0 now supports kernel & VSH plugin on both Cobra and non-Cobra mode, loadoptical flag(for BC and SemiBC) is created at all time as long as stage2 is disabled, this is only beneficial to BC/Semi-BC users for those who don’t use COBRA) More information available via this link

• Features of 4.84.1 REBUG REX
      • FEATURE – Dual LV2 Kernels CEX/DEX (Swap your EID0/LV2 kernel using Rebug Toolbox in seconds)
      • FEATURE – ALL Retail functions available in CEX mode (No need to install different firmware)
      • FEATURE – ALL Debug functions available in DEX mode (No need to install different firmware)
      • FEATURE – COBRA v8.01 (ENABLED BY DEFAULT, a new change in 4.84 REX)
      • Background running plugins at boot time (sprx)
      • ISO Support: PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/DVD/BluRay (Split ISO support on FAT32 drives)
      • Network Support: PS1/PS3/DVD/BluRay /PKGs
      • Blu Ray Movie region free functionality NTFS HDD Support (prepNTFS, or multiMAN Required to scan contents)
      • PS2 ISO Support for BC (HW) / non-BC (SW) Consoles
      • Syscall 11 – Cobra lv1 Peek
      • Syscall 15 – Allow execution of any LV2 internal function
      • PSNPatch stealth plugin support
        • ***ISO rips are required to get 100% support, for ex) after disabling syscalls, games like Call of Duty will not be able to play unless you use ISO rips, please DO NOT expect everything to be fully functional when you are disabling the built-in features from COBRA. Folder rips are NOT compatible with PSNPatch’s stealth mode due to its ability to disable COBRA’s disc-less feature for folder JB rips****
      • PS3MAPI support, allows you to attach process on both CEX/DEX via its own API app.
      • Backup Protection Removal, Add full PS3 Backup support on all multiMAN/sMAN/webMAN,IRIS manager forks and Managunz.
      • Allow modification on Syscall 6/7/8/9/10/11/15.
      • Burned/Burnt optical media support for PS1/PS3 Games on All models
      • Homebrew blocker – blocks homebrew access while Syscalls are disabled
      • new in 8.00 Run payload with Kernel privileges - Added option to run payload with kernel privileges like ps vita skprx. this is a big thing! one can make hooks, printf to socat, do whatever they feel like they need to do. at the current time only one payload is supported at a time. in the future i might increase this
        • New in 8.01 Added support for dynamic memory payloads, 5 of them can be started from "/dev_hdd0/boot_plugins_kernel.txt"
        • toolchain updated to support dynamic address loading.
        • For applications, you can also mount em, and unmount em separately
      • new in 8.00 Boot times vastly speed improved - as there is no stage1.
      • new in 8.00 PS2 bc and semi bc consoles wont load iso when cobra disabled - disable cobra using opcode)
      • FEATURE – FULL ProDG Connectivity in DEX mode (Full Support on both Normal mode and Cobra mode)
      • FEATUREQA Token compatibility
      • FEATUREOtherOS++ support enabled (Use Rebug Toolbox to Boot OtherOS with different LV1 patches)
      • FEATUREPackage Manager (Replacement for the standard ‘Install Package Files’ option)
      • FEATUREFSELF compatibility (Fake Signed ELF is supported on both CEX and DEX modes.)
      • FEATURE Fake Save Data Owner (Use Game Saves from ANY Owner)
      • FEATURE In Game Screenshot (Allows taking screenshots in Game)
      • FEATURE Disabled flag check in PARAM for Remote Play (For better compatibility with remote play, custom flags in PARAM is recommended)
      • FEATURELock/Unlock Trophies (Offline only)
      • FEATURE Cinavia protection fully disabled (Supports optical media/bd iso, AACS must be decrypted)
      • FEATUREFull BD/DVD Playback support on both CEX/DEX mode (BD/DVD movies can now be played on DEX mode, major thanks to mysis!)
      • FEATURE XMB CFW settings v0.1a (XMB icons for simple CFW tasks available via REBUG TOOLBOX 2.02.16)
      • FEATURE PSN/SEN Accesibility (PSN /SEN Accessible , until the next OFW update)
      • FEATUREXMBM+ Compatibility (XMB Manager Plus developed by Team XMBM now supported via standalone pkgs.)
      • FEATUREHAN Toolbox Compatibility (HAN Toolbox support added for developers)
      • PATCHEDAppldr: LV2 memory hash check is disabled (Memory protection on LV2 is disabled in higher level)
      • PATCHEDLV1: Disable System Integrity Check (Safe to use with mismatched COREOS/SYSCON versions or if PS3 is not QA enabled)
      • PATCHED LV1: Undocumented function 114 (Allow mapping of protected memory)
      • PATCHEDLV1: Skip all ACL Checks (Needed to allow booting of OtherOS)
      • PATCHED LV1: Peek and Poke support (Unused LV1 call 182 and 183)
      • PATCHEDLV2: Peek and Poke support (LV2 Syscall 6 and 7)
      • PATCHED LV2: Peek and Poke support for LV1 (LV2 Syscall 8 and 9)
      • PATCHED LV2: LV1 CALL System call (LV2 Syscall 10)
      • PATCHEDLV2: Allow execution of any LV2 internal function (LV2 Syscall 15)
      • PATCHED Recovery: Prevent accidental OFW update while on Recovery mode
      • PATCHED VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files
      • PATCHED VSH: Auto unlocks c00 demo contents
      • PATCHED VSH: Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat (Improved patches applied)
      • PATCHEDVSH: Disable NEW PSP DRM Check (Allowing unsigned PSP pkg contents on 4.75 or higher CFW)
      • PATCHEDVSH: Disable Epilepsy Warning for Faster Boot-Up Speed
      • PATCHEDVSH: XMB notification removal (Fake Save Data Owner and Game Quit: No Request Event will not be displayed)
      • INCLUDED – Rebug Toolbox 2.03.01 (Install included Rebug Toolbox or higher for full compatibility)

Download @: rebug.me

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    Maroon Storm, rocknard, n00b and 20 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 30, 2019.

1. psykosis
      psykosis
      His point is that you should fix the actual problem, rather than patch it out and ignore it. That's how problems get bigger and out of control.

They are building the builds they want to release. If you want a NoBT version, you are welcome to build it from MFWBuilder. There are instructions online and links and all of that to guide you along the process.

Also, there are NoBT options available, whether unofficial builds, fan builds, or other releases from other developers.
      T.A.U likes this.
    2. fkd
      fkd
      Yeah, their error is in the installation part. Don't know why that happens then. And thanks for the tip! The YouTuber we watch only knew how to install Rebug, installing first Rogero 4.55, I believe, so thanks!
    3. ochentay4
      ochentay4
      Fixing bluetooth on PS3 Slim is not that simple, less than simple where I libe but ok. I thought I could be useful to me and to others too.
      Will try to make one myself altough I think it will be a rough ride... as I dont think I have the skill. Anyway, thanks for answering.
      T.A.U likes this.
    4. Joonie
      Joonie
      Patching NoBT (BT firmware bypass) is really easy, it only takes less than 5 mins since you just need to click a few buttons to build one.

Here's what you would do with MFW builder.

upload_2019-4-1_12-33-43.png

upload_2019-4-1_12-33-58.png
      ochentay4, Algol, esc0rtd3w and 4 others like this.
    5. kenzy
      kenzy
      I can't download rebug 4.84.2 can someone help pls
    6. citra mulia
      citra mulia
      Install rebug toolbox, enable QA flag, restart PS3, then install CFW.

QA Flag enabled will skip license agreement.
    7. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      I know it skips it from Debug system update. and maybe it does from usb too if QA flag is enabled, but in the past I have always had this issue with Rebug in safe mode, on all my consoles, and I would have been QA flagged, so maybe it doesn't show it but still checks it exists? i dont know but that was my experience anyway.
      n00b, T.A.U, Algol and 1 other person like this.
    8. Joonie
      Joonie
      System Update debug skips license check on XMB but from my experience it didn't skip for recovery mode.
    9. kenzy
      kenzy
      Pls can anyone tell me how to download rebug am trying to download it but it was redirecting me to an error page after using the rebug text in zip format
      Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    10. kenzy
      kenzy
      FINALLY got it downloading after using chrome browser
    11. ochentay4
      ochentay4
      Thanks, will try tomorrow!
    12. ochentay4
      ochentay4
      Ok, I downloaded "MFW Builder [Actual]" but cant see the same pages like you, please point me to the right direction, like what and where to download the "correct" MFW Builder
    13. Joonie
      Joonie
      T.A.U and esc0rtd3w like this.
    14. joe musashi
      joe musashi
      thanks
    15. sandungas
      sandungas
      Is needed to update the keys, you can take them from here:
      https://github.com/Zarh/ManaGunZ/tree/master/pkgfiles/USRDIR/sys/data

And there is a thread in the forum for this special version of MFW
      https://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3mfw-builder-mod.1888/
      T.A.U and Joonie like this.
    16. Yafte
      Yafte
      I have an issue with video settings, 80028f10. In the latest version of cfw that I used (FERROX COBRA 4.83) it worked very well. This issue only appears when I run psx games (pal region)...
      I have tried modifying the video settings, but it does not work.
      Help Please!
    17. Joonie
      Joonie
      Are you running ps1_netemu by any chance?
    18. Yafte
      Yafte
      Im using webman. When I mount the iso, says something like ps1_netemu. Then appears the error... the psx game from américa or japanese works...
    19. Joonie
      Joonie
      can you go to webman's setting and uncheck ps1_netemu see if that fixes ? so it would say ps1_emu.self everytime you mount PS1 games?

also 1080p must be selected to avoid video issue.
    20. MUHAMMAD
      MUHAMMAD
      when will a multiman update be released in version 4.84?