Following the introduction of 4.84 STARBUGED CFW for the PS3, which also gave us the introduction of Cobra v8.0x from developer @habib, Has now followed up that cfw release with 4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ Cobra 8.01) that contains some more candy for the scene. As the developer has provided new features once again with this update with the ability to Hardcode Kernel Plugins, which can be useful for things like MAMBA (a Cobra Alternative) as it can not be ran as a kernel plugin. Down below you will see the technical aspects of what this update has provided from Ps3 CFW Developer @habib.
4.84.3 Starbuged + Cobra v8.01 CFW
Starbuged = Starbucks Release + Rebug Seasoning
What's New in 4.84.3?
1. Hardcoded kernel plugin
2. Whole kernel 8mb is RWX including kernel alloc. you can use sc15 alloc, copy payload and execute like that as well but its better to use opcodes for kernel plugins
3. Fixed minor bug in non cobra sc15
what does it do?
- it loads plugins from /dev_hdd0/boot_plugins_nocobra.txt and boot_plugins_kernel_nocobra.txt
- it fixes issue where nocobra and hdd format will make ps2 not work on bc/semi-bc
what plugins can do?
- load mamba and isolate cobra functions, modify it. e.g ps3mapi without cobra. i hate cobra being bloated with homebrew blockers etc
- for mamba payload hdd0 is already mounted, prefer to load your code in main() instead of using the cellfsutil hook...regardless mamba works 90%
- also dont forget to remove dev_hdd0/tmp/loadoptical flag for bc and semi-bc ps3
NOTE: cobra plugins will NOT work when cobra disabled
- FEATURE – COBRA 8.01 (Enabled by default)
- Background running plugins at boot time (sprx)
- ISO Support: PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/DVD/BluRay (Split ISO support on FAT32 drives)
- Network Support: PS1/PS3/DVD/BluRay /PKGs
- Blu Ray Movie region free functionality NTFS HDD Support (prepNTFS, or multiMAN Required to scan contents)
- PS2 ISO Support for BC (HW) / non-BC (SW) Consoles
- Syscall 11 – Cobra lv1 Peek
- Syscall 15 – Allow execution of any LV2 internal function
- PSNPatch stealth plugin support
- ***ISO rips are required to get 100% support, for ex) after disabling syscalls, games like Call of Duty will not be able to play unless you use ISO rips, please DO NOT expect everything to be fully functional when you are disabling the built-in features from COBRA. Folder rips are NOT compatible with PSNPatch’s stealth mode due to its ability to disable COBRA’s disc-less feature for folder JB rips****
- PS3MAPI support, allows you to attach process on both CEX/DEX via its own API app.
- Backup Protection Removal, Add full PS3 Backup support on all multiMAN/sMAN/webMAN,IRIS manager forks and Managunz.
- Allow modification on Syscall 6/7/8/9/10/11/15.
- Burned/Burnt optical media support for PS1/PS3 Games on All models
- Homebrew blocker – blocks homebrew access while Syscalls are disabled
- Added in v8.00 Run payload with Kernel privileges - Added option to run payload with kernel privileges like ps vita skprx. this is a big thing! one can make hooks, printf to socat, do whatever they feel like they need to do. at the current time only one payload is supported at a time. in the future i might increase this
- Added in v8.00 Boot times speed improved - as there is no stage1.
- Added in v8.00 PS2 bc and semi bc consoles wont load iso when cobra disabled - disable cobra using opcode)
- Added in v8.01 Added support for dynamic memory payloads, 5 of them can be started from "/dev_hdd0/boot_plugins_kernel.txt"
- Added in v8.01 toolchain updated to support dynamic address loading.
Added in v8.01 For applications, you can also mount em, and unmount em separately
- FEATURE – Full Polish support for XMB/PS2 Emu (Provide full Polish character support)
- FEATURE – Cinavia protection fully disabled (Supports optical media/bd iso, AACS must be decrypted)
- FEATURE – Homebrew store compatibility (Downloading debug signed packages is now available on retail CFW.)
- FEATURE – PSN/SEN Accessibility (PSN /SEN Accessible , until the next OFW update)
- FEATURE – XMBM+ Compatibility (XMB Manager Plus developed by Team XMBM now supported via standalone pkgs.)
- FEATURE – HAN Toolbox Compatibility (HAN Toolbox Support added for testing HAN Signed pkgs on CFW)
- FEATURE – Enhanced Remote Play (This unlocks the limitation of working apps/games for remote play, by disabling SFO flag check)
- FEATURE – In Game Screenshot (Allows taking screenshots in Game
- FEATURE – QA Token compatibility
- FEATURE – OtherOS++ support enabled (Use Rebug Toolbox to Boot OtherOS with different LV1 patches)
- FEATURE – Package Manager (Replacement for the standard ‘Install Package Files’ option)
- FEATURE – FSELF compatibility (Fake Signed ELF is supported)
- FEATURE (Optional) Toolbox 02.03.00
- TOGGLE XMB CFW SETTINGS Enable or Disable mysis’s XMB CFW settings plugin v0.1. The feature is available via Network Column on XMB after Enabled.
- TOGGLE COBRA MODE: COBRA mode ACTIVE by default, this option can toggle COBRA mode to enable COBRA 8.00 payload on boot
- TOGGLE QA: Enable/Disable QA flag. Enable for easy downgrade and other extra features on all 3.55-4.84 CFW.
- TOGGLE RECOVERY MODE: Enable/Disable Recover Mode flag. When enabled your PS3 will reboot into Recovery Mode.
- LOAD LV2 KERNEL: Load lv2_kernel.self.[KERNEL_NAME] from USB or /dev_hdd0
- BACKUP/RESTORE XREGISTRY: Backup or Restore the PS3 system settings from USB
- RESIZE VFLASH/NAND REGIONS: Resize VFLASH/NAND Region 5 to allow install of OtherOS.
- INSTALL PETITBOOT: Install Petitboot to VFLASH/NAND Region 5 from USB.
- SET GAMEOS BOOT FLAG: Sets the GameOS boot flag. Use this if your PS3 is having trouble booting PS2 titles after running OtherOS or is accidentally sending you back to OtherOS when trying to enter recovery mode.
- CREATE PACKAGES FOLDER ON PS3: Create /dev_hdd0/packages folder or your PS3 to be used with Package Manager.
- EXPORT HYPERVISOR LV1 MEMORY: Save LV1 memory to dev_usb000 or dev_usb006 or dev_hdd0 if usb is not found.
- EXPORT GAMEOS LV2 MEMORY: Save LV2 memory to dev_usb000 or dev_usb006 or dev_hdd0 if usb is not found.
- EXPORT FLASH TO FILE: Backup your current NOR/NAND to file on dev_usb000. Takes about 45secs for NAND
- DUMP EID ROOT KEY: Dump your eid root key.
- FEATURE – XMB CFW settings v0.1a (Optional)
- XMB Icons for various CFW tasks, available in Network Column (on XMB) Simply select and the task is executed!
- Settings – Toggle COBRA
- Dump Tools – Klicense, File Secure ID, IDPS, Disc Hash keyService Tools – Display Minimum Downgrade FW Version, Rebuild Database, Check File System, Entering Recovery Mode (NOR Models Only)
- Advanced Service Tools – Entering FSM (!!!DO NOT Install FW while on FSM that may lead RSOD!!!), Remarry BD drive and RSOD fix
- PATCHED – Appldr: LV2 memory hash check is disabled (Memory protection on LV2 is disabled in higher level)
- PATCHED – LV1: Disable System Integrity Check (Safe to use with mismatched COREOS/SYSCON versions or if PS3 is not QA enabled)
- PATCHED – LV1: Undocumented function 114 (Allow mapping of protected memory)
- PATCHED – LV1: Skip all ACL Checks (Needed to allow booting of OtherOS)
- PATCHED – LV1: Peek and Poke support (Unused LV1 call 182 and 183)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support (LV2 Syscall 6 and 7)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support for LV1 (LV2 Syscall 8 and 9)
- PATCHED – LV2: LV1 CALL System call (LV2 Syscall 10)
- PATCHED – LV2: Allow execution of any LV2 internal function (LV2 Syscall 15)
- PATCHED – Recovery: Prevent accidental OFW update while on Recovery mode
- PATCHED – VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable NEW PSP DRM Check (Allowing unsigned PSP pkg contents on 4.75 or higher CFW)
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable Epilepsy Warning for Faster Boot-Up Speed
Download (& Source Code): 4.84.3 STARBUGED
PS3 4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ COBRA 8.01) - New update in from Habib
By habib on Mar 18, 2019 at 11:21 PM
Introducing The PS3 Toolset by bguerville: A powerful collection of tools fueled by new PS3 exploitSee updated note below about a potential issue with console modifying console's credentials (IDPS and Firmware Spoofing)
You may recall a recent article revealing a few exclusive screenshots of bguerville's latest project, now the time has come to introduce the next evolution in PS3 Jailbreaking solutions. The PlayStation 3 Toolset by @bguerville is a new suite of tools, built upon a new PS3 exploitation framework & fueled by a new exploit discovered on the PS3 by the developer. The new exploit (and the toolset project as a whole) is compatible with all PS3 models running 4.82 - 4.85 OFW/HFW/CFW
While ps3xploit team member's @habib continued research and development of PS3HEN for nonCFW models with assistance from @esc0rtd3w, @bguerville meanwhile was working on his own research and developing other tools and exploits as you will see with this new PlayStation 3 Toolset, which thorough testing was conducted by @esc0rtd3w (whom we recently interviewed). All the team of talented devs have done some amazing work in the scene in recent years with all the PS3Xploit projects and that trend continues with this release.
The PS3 toolset is a project that @bguerville has been working on for some time,
the developer gave us a brief timeline of events since the Ps3Xploit Tools 2.0 framework (flash writer and dumper(s)) that led to this new release (see the timeline section).Continue reading
[UPDATE: Version 1.03] Autoplugin 2 released by @TheheroGAC & ONElua Team!Unlike the PlayStation 4 with it's slow Homebrew Content, the PlayStation Vita always saw a strong Content of Homebrew and other useful Plugins, which makes your life easier with a hacked PS Vita. In fact, we still see today new plugins released for this Handheld Console, no matter if you want to Overclock your PS Vita to make your favourite Games even better performing or if you just need some handy tools like an always running FTP Server, where you can transfer your favourite Games and other Homebrew Releases on-the-fly. But installing them wasn't always a easy task and there was even a risk when adding them manually, which could harm your complete System when pressing a wrong button. In short, it was always elaborate to install all those wonderful Plugins bit by bit. But luckily we had Autoplugin for this in the past and today, well-known Developer @thehero_ together with the ONElua Team are releasing Version 2, where not only you can now see which Plugins you have already installed on your PS Vita, but also that you can now directly download all translations inside of Autoplugin without any need to quit the App as it was necessary before. Together with more new Features you can see down below and with a new Design, Autoplugin 2 will make your life even more easier now for both you and your PS Vita!Continue reading
The Power Supply (Vol. 04) - Our Guest Today: "PS3(Xploit) Developer @esc0rtd3w"Our Interview Series is a full success. Not only can you get an in-depth look behind all the great projects each of those developer's have worked on in the past and their plans into the future, but also that you can get a useful overview with all important Homebrew Releases made by the developer's which will help you if you want to get the "Full Experience" from your hacked Console's and devices. For instance, we learned in our last Interview with developer @aldostools that he created the "Tools Collection" for the PS3, which contains OVER 50+ TOOLS! But while we had interviewed candidates before, who developed their projects after a Hack/Exploit was released, we thought about introducing you to another side of development, namely those, who make it possible for those previously mentioned developers to create their Homebrew running on your hacked devices. And since this mentioned "Tools Collection" contains mainly Tools for your hacked PS3, it would be only fair to give you an in-depth look with one of the developers of the PS3Xploit-Team, who helped reanimating you and your PS3 with all those great projects. This developer work includes participation in projects like the Flash Writer's that provide the ability for CFW Installation, then "PS3HEN" which brought Homebrew Support for "nonCFW Models" and also the variety of tools and dumpers released from the PS3Xploit-Team. So, without further waiting, our Guest Today is no other than Developer and long-time Community Member - @esc0rtd3w!Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- samad kazi